Christian Abbiati Thread

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Goalkeeper's main strength has to be consistency, at least for a club of Milan's level.
Abbiati is inconsistent like a motherfucker.

He is slow, clumsy and has a million other weaknesses I already elaborated on.

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Demetrio Albertini, Prinz Eugen
Digging up old posts from games where Abbiati played well? That deserves :fp::fp::fp::fp::fp: x inifinity

^ that's his point, people are so easy to throw praise and insult.

But yeah, certainly an off-day for Abbiati today.

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Inconsistent

Yep, he's always been like that.

I dont get it why we dont give Gabriel a chance.
I mean we're in deep shit anyways. Let the young players play.

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
Wtf man... Shit happens but still..

Please let Gabriel be GK in Coppa Italia and when Abbiati's injured/sick.

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
He is what he is...an above average keeper capable of moments of dominance and moments of failure.

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
^ that's his point, people are so easy to throw praise and insult.

But yeah, certainly an off-day for Abbiati today.

Certainly, you are correct. Did you read the post in the Super Berlu+Galliani thread about Galliani's comment for Abbiati?

Plus, I didn't blast him.

zizousama

Milanisti Forever
Reaction score
The most frustrating keeper in any big club today. I never feel safe when he's between bars. I am sure his teammates feel the same way as well which reflects badly on their own confidence and performance.

shao

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Cafu, Gattuso, Shevchenko, SuperPippo,Kaka.....
Age is getting to him.:(

Though reflexes are still top notch, positioning isn't.

Sad to see him this way.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Abbiati has always been inconsistent. Even Ancelotti picked an inconsistent Dida over him, but at least Dida was world class at everything else during his prime.

Like someone else already said, I never feel safe with Abbiati between the bars. Sometimes he makes that amazing reflex safe, but then there's a million things he does wrong in every match.

Time to give Gabriel a chance and maybe sing that young Pescara keeper. I am sure Galliani can make a deal with Genoa.

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
Age is getting to him.:(

Though reflexes are still top notch, positioning isn't.

Sad to see him this way.

I think its the other way around my friend. His positioning is still good but his reflexes are going.

on inlers goal he judgement wasnt that bad, its just he wasnt quick enough to readjust when it dipped.

and he punches alot of balls, he should be able to catch.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He is still a good keeper, he was never wc but overall I´m ok with him playing, shit happens.

I ´m not in favor of playing Gabriel, its one thing to develop attacking players, but defence is a different story, there talent can´t substitute experience. I actually think its a waste of money to sign a gk talent as a top club, they are the kind of player which is most difficult to develop and cheapest to buy.

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
Abbiati has always been inconsistent. Even Ancelotti picked an inconsistent Dida over him, but at least Dida was world class at everything else during his prime.

Like someone else already said, I never feel safe with Abbiati between the bars. Sometimes he makes that amazing reflex safe, but then there's a million things he does wrong in every match.

Time to give Gabriel a chance and maybe sing that young Pescara keeper. I am sure Galliani can make a deal with Genoa.

:thumbsup:

... Abbiati is a gamble and his only going to get more inconsistent at his age, Gabriel deserves a chance.

Ramzee

Forza Milan per sempre!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
De Sciglio, Ambrosini, SeS, Montolivo.
Lol at people with wanting Gabriel to be our starter :lol: Are you fucking nuts? I'd pick a Serie B GK to be a starter over him. He has zero experience in italian football, he is kid and he probably doesn't even speak good italian yet. And you want him to be our first choice GK? :lol: He needs time, let him play only when it is a safe bet. We got important matches, no time to experiment with kids, pitch is not a children's playground.

And it is funny to see people reacting this way, while probably most of you were on his dick since his performance against Zenit. We missed on Stekelenburg and on Handanovic, so Abbiati is still our best option.

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Abbiati cools talk of Milan rift
By Football Italia staff

Christian Abbiati insists that there is no breakdown in his relationship with Adriano Galliani after the official criticised the Milan ‘keeper.

Galliani was caught on camera screaming obscenities towards the goalkeeper after he conceded a soft opening goal in the 2-2 draw with Napoli on Saturday.

“As far as I am concerned, nothing has happened,” the Italian noted. “I didn’t even know about it until Galliani phoned me.

“I know that Galliani loves me and we have a special relationship. He told me that it was all forgotten after just a second.”

Galliani was left furious after Gokhan Inler’s strike caught out the former Torino and Juventus shot-stopper.

“I’ve seen that shot again 100 times and every time I don’t know how I wasn’t able to stop it,” Abbiati continued.

“I was a bit too far to the left, but the ball changed direction. It was a bit like what Andrea Pirlo used to do to me in training a few years ago.”

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
He still doesn't deserve all the shit he's getting.

He is not the best, but he has saved our fat asses numerous of times, but he is loyal to us and i respect him for that.

mayweatherfats

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini seedorf inzaghi kaka pirlo t.silva van basten serginho rui costa cafu sheva
:thumbsup:

... Abbiati is a gamble and his only going to get more inconsistent at his age, Gabriel deserves a chance.

i agree give gabriel a chance! look back over last 3 seasons abbiati never looks before kicking ball away EVER he's ROTTING WOOD ON A NEW MILAN VOYAGE just like ambro,bonera& luca antonni. there sinking us with well below par performances or its there best still got to go
either way

Crashie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Abbiati is getting older and older which is easy to see. No Gabriel is not ready, heck we havn't even seen him once and now you want him as first goalkeeper? Duh...

mayweatherfats

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini seedorf inzaghi kaka pirlo t.silva van basten serginho rui costa cafu sheva
Abbiati is getting older and older which is easy to see. No Gabriel is not ready, heck we havn't even seen him once and now you want him as first goalkeeper? Duh...

READY FOR WHAT!!!!! HES A GOALKEEPER WHO WAS GREAT WITH BRAZIL U20 DUh.
SHALL WE WAIT TILL HES 31 TO BE READY DUh

Milanista2020

The Milan Motivator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Patinho, Gattuso, Maldini, Baresi, shevchenko, Boban, Kaka,
Does anyone remember this?

1457541_o.gif

Looks all too familiar.

MilanShion

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jack Suso Montolivo AR Isco Thiago Ibra TS <3Mata <3Ramos Mbappe Kaka'
I remember the double save he made at the Emirates to keep us in the CL.
And his saves against Udinese in the season we won the Scudetto.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I remember the double save he made at the Emirates to keep us in the CL.
And his saves against Udinese in the season we won the Scudetto.

udinese??

he didn't play against udinese in the 10-11 season.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
now someone is searching the net to find footage of abbiati against udinese in '10/'11

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan