Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Landon Donavan strongly considering retiring

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Schedule for the last round of qualifiers.

February 6th 2013 (return leg June 18)
México-Jamaica
Honduras-USA
Panamá-CRC

March 22nd (return leg September 6th)
Jamaica-Panamá
Honduras-México
USA-CRC

March 25th (return leg September 10th)
México-USA
Panamá-Honduras
CRC-Jamaica

June 7th (return leg October 11th)
Jamaica-USA
Panamá-México
CRC-Honduras

June 11th (return leg October 15th)
CRC-México
Honduras-Jamaica
USA-Panamá

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Gringos:

Found this old piece

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/andrea_canales/06/01/costa-rica/index.html

"The way the stadium is, the fans are right on top of you," said former U.S. national-team coach Bruce Arena. "That's intimidating for players, of course, but even more for officials."

In the old days, the security was nonexistent, almost," Arena said. "It was very tough to get any close call when clearly the officials didn't feel safe."

Arena's vehement arguing against a handball call made by referee Peter Prendergast against defender Gregg Berhalter in 2000 led to a multiple-game suspension for the coach.

Berhalter had a similar take when he recalled the incident. "They were going nuts and the referee was a bit nervous for his life, maybe. He made up a call."

In Arena's day, the stadium actually boasted a grass field, but Costa Rica's rainy season wrecked havoc on it. "A very bad field is worse than a good turf field," said Arena. "That old field was just horrible. They'd get these late-afternoon rains and it would turn into a pit. The heat is also a factor."

The criticisms didn't end there. "The visiting locker rooms, it was as if they'd start preparing them a year in advance -- they'd be filthy," Arena continued. "I leave it to your imagination what can accumulate in that sort of environment. The smell was terrible."

Berhalter had a few words for outsiders who insist that CONCACAF qualifying is a joke. "Go down there and play," said the Galaxy defender. "The Germans, first of all, they'd die of the heat. Second of all, the antics going on would drive them crazy. The fire alarms in the middle of the night, the radio stations blaring in front of your hotel. The 12 o'clock kickoff in the middle of July. That stuff, they wouldn't deal with that. The sandwiches, the rocks, the batteries."

Though he didn't play in the 3-0 loss, Landon Donovan did dread a return trip to Costa Rica. "Saprissa feels like the most difficult place to play." said Donovan, pointing out events off the ball. "In Salvador, they're a ways away, and even in Azteca, it is a ways away. You can feel it, you can hear the fans right there. It makes it tougher."

First of all, bull, Saprissa's stadium has been pretty safe since before 2000 (we're also the only NT that gets their stadium fined cause of a small coin...in Mexico, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras they throw everything on the pitch, including pee bags), I know that since I've been going there since I was a child, they threw my water bottles at the entrance and I wasn't even 10 :(.

Second I was in that 2000 game, it was first round qualifiers, game was 1-1, 90th minute, I remember that clear handball.

Third: Yeah the pitch was horrible back when it was natural, I think specifically they're remembering when we beat them 2-0 in 2001...it had rained for days and days, my team lend Saprissa a cover to avoid the grass get all messy...but in 3 hours with no cover it got fucked (its funny cause before that, there was no real bad ground situation, it wasn't nice, but it wasn't as bad).

Fourth: Yes its smelly, and locker rooms are located right under the Ultras, there's small earthquakes there. Dad used to be Saprissa's head of PR, and he would take me to games vs small teams, with little crowd, and even then it felt horrible (and the smell was felt from outside the locker rooms :-/). TBF, they're nicer nowadays, much more nice.

Fifth: we no longer do parties outside hotels (for over a decade now), that's the rest of central america + the best hotels are faraway from the main entrance, so noise can't be heard.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Arenas was coach 98-06 and he said in the old days....

so yeah, he's refering to a while ago

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Arenas was coach 98-06 and he said in the old days....

so yeah, he's refering to a while ago
I know.

Yeah I've been going to that stadium since 1995. I cant recall how safe it was then, but since 1996, after the Mateo Flores (guatemala) tragedy strict meassures are followed in every stadium in here, like I said even the water bottle of a 9 year old was taken away...and the parties and stuff outside the hotels ended in the mid 90's, I'm not even sure Steve Sampson lived that.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
US backline is a mess right now. Need to get our shit together

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
US backline is a mess right now. Need to get our shit together
Don't do it. Ours is too, because of our own coach decision to use the worse backline available...on March we can get to finally see a 4-5 type of result.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
oh and landon can go fuck himself too

hope he never gets called up again

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I'm crossing my fingers the mess continues on friday.

Landon doesn't deserve to be called ever again, it's downright disrespectful with the rest of his teamates. Self impossed sabbatical? Pussy.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

This team is very close to become champions after 73 years. Its perhaps my favorite football story of the year. They were fighting for relegation by the end of December, made some changes and went up, up and up.

They're not my team, but all of us want to see them win the championship. They're one of the 4 big teams in CR (mostly because its the main team in one of the top 4 provinces in CR), though its been frustration after frustration for them...over and over and over. They have been relegated, and have had to fought back from relegation zone several times.

Their province was the first capital city of CR, its beautiful in terms of landscape, but its a running joke around here its the most boring place to be...hell the people from there admit it themselves its boring for a big city. But they've been extremely loyal fans all throughout their lives.

They were around 8th place once and they filled up their stdium cause one of their players was breaking a goalscoring record in a season, and pushed for pks and whatnot. A 92 year old man said on Monday that the only reason he's alive is cause he needs to watch his team winning the 2nd championship in his life.

And I'm telling you, I should resent them, they're the reason my team is out...but deep down all of us want to see them become champions. Vive vive Cartago vive!

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

This team is very close to become champions after 73 years. Its perhaps my favorite football story of the year. They were fighting for relegation by the end of December, made some changes and went up, up and up.

They're not my team, but all of us want to see them win the championship. They're one of the 4 big teams in CR (mostly because its the main team in one of the top 4 provinces in CR), though its been frustration after frustration for them...over and over and over. They have been relegated, and have had to fought back from relegation zone several times.

Their province was the first capital city of CR, its beautiful in terms of landscape, but its a running joke around here its the most boring place to be...hell the people from there admit it themselves its boring for a big city. But they've been extremely loyal fans all throughout their lives.

They were around 8th place once and they filled up their stdium cause one of their players was breaking a goalscoring record in a season, and pushed for pks and whatnot. A 92 year old man said on Monday that the only reason he's alive is cause he needs to watch his team winning the 2nd championship in his life.

And I'm telling you, I should resent them, they're the reason my team is out...but deep down all of us want to see them become champions. Vive vive Cartago vive!

Hmm ... kinda like the club from the capital of France?

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
what happened to the Brujas FC?

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
what happened to the Brujas FC?

Their owner (he used to be a very close friend of my father from childhood and till around 2004ish, when my started realizing something fishy was happpening and the man also started behaving like a total ass with dad), was arrested in USA for fraud and money laundry. No one bought them, they had no sustainability, no mantainance, nothing of nothing.

http://www.ticotimes.net/More-news/Top-Story/Minor-Vargas-guilty-of-fraud_Friday-May-04-2012

Also Cartago didn't make it, they lost the final in pks. Ref was awful against them.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fitting gloomy end for a team called brujas

I remember that team cause of their name/nice logo/cheerleaders :lol:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Man we vould have beaten Mexico. So freaking close, so well played. Tactically brilliant, all we missed was the goal, and we were so close. Hell weeven annoy the shit out of them with a corner kick were fans kept throwing bottles (this fucking annoys me to death, we got our pitch suspended back in 05 for one coin...nothing will be done to the Azteca for this, we're the best behaved CONCACAF nation, time to turn things up anffuck everyone).

Mexico used tactics they call out to rest of concacaf teams, they sent our team's bus on a turn that made us be 20 mins late. Suck it Mexico suck it.

Goin to the game vs Panama in a week.

SixOneFive

Long Live Don Silvio
Reaction score
these kits are so fresh i can barely even handle it

nike_football_usa_centennial_jersey__2__detail.0_standard_352.0.jpg

fuck mexico
and honduras
and panama
and costa rica
and everyone else

the "USA AIN'T NOTHIN TO FUCK WIT" chant gave me the hugest America boner

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Bitches, it seems we'll be nice with you and not take you to your personal hell. I'm still willing to bet it'll go ugly for you, like its been since I've been going to the stadium. Last night it was poooooooouring rain and we were as noisy as ever.

JUANES

BARCA HATER
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Crespo, Sheva, Gila, Kaká, Pippo, ballack, webó, tejada and myself
GOLD CUP has begun! Canada vs Martinique!

Maybe galliani will scout for cheap talent:max::b::gt::g:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Mrtinique and PAnama with the surprises. Sweet. Gold Cup > WC > Copa America + Euro. :o.

Congrats Juanes!

JUANES

BARCA HATER
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mrtinique and PAnama with the surprises. Sweet. Gold Cup > WC > Copa America + Euro. :o.

Congrats Juanes!

Lol lol the face of chepo de la torre... i wonder what excuses they will say now.....Viva Panamá viva la Sele Marea Roja

adriancg

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Buffon, Fábregas, Rino, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Zidane, Kaká, R9, Pato, Agüero, Thiago Silva, Jovetic
Chepo can go eat a dick for all I care.

Same goes for the whole Federation. Mexican NT is a joke.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I hate the fact that the Gold Cup is only held in the US. Of course, it a money thing but it make the competition much more interesting if other Concacaf teams held it.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Congrats Juanes!

:fp:
Anyways, crazy, clubs in Costa Rica are really fun. I just read that a player got traded to another club for 50 balls. How much would they give us for Traore?

JUANES

BARCA HATER
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Chepo can go eat a dick for all I care.

Same goes for the whole Federation. Mexican NT is a joke.

Why all the hate to chepo when you know this current mexican side is team without identity .?

:max:

Vamos Panamá :g::g::g::b::b::b:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
You bench Oguchi....we bench Sabo bitchez (and Sabo > all your 9s). We underestimate TOO.