Danilo Luiz da Silva

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
Galliani has admitted that he likes Danilo and since then we were several times linked with him.

Its clear he's on our list for the future.

Danilo

Full name: Danilo Luiz da Silva
Date of birth: 15 July 1991 (age 19)
Place of birth: Bicas, Brazil
Height: 1.84 m (6 ft 1⁄2 in)
Playing position: Right back/ Midfielder

Not only Ganso, there's Danilo
Another Brazilian in the desires of twenty Italian clubs
Inter liked, but is now in the sights of Milan

DANILO, THE NEW Maicon - If the first is still a mirage for Italian clubs, to the prohibitive cost and because, according to confirmed Marca , would have closed with Real, the second is likely to become the new object of desire of our big. Twenty years still to go, Danilo is a versatile player, able to act as the central midfield as well as from outside right of defense, which gives the best position and he played well against Peñarol. Great race, good physique, Brazilian technique, and an attitude also confirmed in the final goal, with the fourth goal in this edition of the Libertadores. The heir perfect Maicon, so much so that Inter is interested in him for some time, in anticipation of the possible sale of its quarterback. The uncertainty that is breathed by the parties of Appiano these days, plus the fact that the departure of Maicon is yet to be assessed, however, have urged him not to go too far. So now the player has come under fire of Milan, who would be willing to test the waters with Santos.

http://www.corriere.it/sport/11_giu...to_6ab713ec-9e35-11e0-b150-aadf3d02a302.shtml

Last edited by a moderator:

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio
Got any source actually linking us to him? Maybe some more information on him as well?

Capo Ultra

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Got any source actually linking us to him? Maybe some more information on him as well?

Back in January, I wrote that our management we're following him and later on Galliani himself confirmed it. Many Italian media have since then reported it as well.
And yesterday Galliani said that Danilo impressed him more than Ganso did in the Libertadores final.

Capo Ultra

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Back in January, I wrote that our management we're following him and later on Galliani himself confirmed it. Many Italian media have since then reported it as well.
And yesterday Galliani said that Danilo impressed him more than Ganso did in the Libertadores final.

I naturally meant to write "were" instead "we're", of course.

ToonInvader

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Seedorf, Zidane, Inzaghi
The fact that Allegri mentioned his name during the press conference means we're clearly after this kid.

I dont think we have now the right relation with santos tough.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
he's a supertalent

dubbed as the new cafu

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
another non-EU?

MilanReality

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Danilo seems destined to head to benfica.

And I dont know how much more evidence we need.. Bronzetti, Berlusconi, Galliani, Silva, Robinho... all practically saying Ganso.

Yes I am AWARE we can sign someone else... but I dont think we will. Ganso and close.

We will have brought in taiwo, mexes, el shaarawy, ganso. Pretty damn good, no? If we do get one more, I may need to wear a diaper this season.

Capo Ultra

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
he's a supertalent

dubbed as the new cafu

I've watched practically all of Santos' matches during the past two years, and Danilo isn't a good full-back. He's actually quite bad when he plays that position. Danilo is definitely better when used as a midfielder and he has even declared that he doesn't like playing the full-back position/role.

Reaction score
My Montelongo/Grimi/Mattioni/Viudez/Adiyiah warning lights are on. Seems like a waste of time and space (in the squad). There must be better and cheaper alternatives in Italy. We are after all talking about Abates back-up.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Danilo seems destined to head to benfica.

And I dont know how much more evidence we need.. Bronzetti, Berlusconi, Galliani, Silva, Robinho... all practically saying Ganso.

Yes I am AWARE we can sign someone else... but I dont think we will. Ganso and close.

We will have brought in taiwo, mexes, el shaarawy, ganso. Pretty damn good, no? If we do get one more, I may need to wear a diaper this season.

Like it or not, we NEED a RB backup, and Danilo fits the bill. But it's more than likely that even if we do sign him, he will only play for us next season.

And Santos has already said that they will never sell to Benfica...

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Milan, sprint for Danilo

According to today's edition of La Gazzetta dello Sport , Milan would be increasingly focusing its attention on the outside of Santos, Danilo (19). But since the new champion of South America outside the EC, its application inevitably enterebbe ballot with that of team-mate Paulo Henrique Ganso.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan, sprint for Danilo

According to today's edition of La Gazzetta dello Sport , Milan would be increasingly focusing its attention on the outside of Santos, Danilo (19). But since the new champion of South America outside the EC, its application inevitably enterebbe ballot with that of team-mate Paulo Henrique Ganso.

Danilo JBG

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
We don't need him, at least not as much to fill an extra non-EU slot with him.

But he does have a stylish name :lol:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Can we not buy him and loan him out to Benfica? He will get good EU football experience there and could become like Ramires :D

Will that affect our non EU?

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Can we not buy him and loan him out to Benfica? He will get good EU football experience there and could become like Ramires :D

Will that affect our non EU?
Here's the thing. As long as you don't register the player in the Lega Calcio, he takes no spots. You can buy a zillion non-eu's and loan them all out, and you don't have a problem.

Benfica are a team that seek both trophies and financial success. They just wouldn't be that big on the idea that they'd loan a player who isn't all ready that much for 1 year to get him ready for another team...and they don't benefit financially at all from it.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
I would really like to get him. We really could use a player with his versitility, and the more I've looked into him the more I like him. We could really use a backup to Abate and if he could also help at CM a la Zanetti I think it would be a good buy

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Does he play midfield? From what I've seen he's a brazil RB. Which is great but we don't necessarily need a RB

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Does he play midfield? From what I've seen he's a brazil RB. Which is great but we don't necessarily need a RB

He is actually a RM/RCM and can cover as a RB.

And we actually do need a RB backup to give Abate some competition. Zambro and Oddo would hardly be expected to offer any...

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola

And we actually do need a RB backup to give Abate some competition. Zambro and Oddo would hardly be expected to offer any...

Dont hate on Zambro, the guy is still very good as a backup. People are biased to young players.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

agreed but using our 'potential' 2nd nonEU on a RB is not smart, especially when one of our only u25 starters plays there and plays well....

now if he can legitimately slot into midfield and perform there AND cover FB from time to time, different issue....

But i'm not sure. I know Santos has used him in midfield, but i was under impression he's more of the maicon/cafu/dani alves mold where you want them at FB.

Point being we need to make sure whoever our nonEU is, is someone in a position of need

agreed with tonyB: Zambrotta is good cover. At his age you don't want him starting week in week out, but when he's spot started he's been solid. It's only when fatigue sets in after consecutive fixtures we got problems.

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
agreed but using our 'potential' 2nd nonEU on a RB is not smart, especially when one of our only u25 starters plays there and plays well....

now if he can legitimately slot into midfield and perform there AND cover FB from time to time, different issue....

But i'm not sure. I know Santos has used him in midfield, but i was under impression he's more of the maicon/cafu/dani alves mold where you want them at FB.

Point being we need to make sure whoever our nonEU is, is someone in a position of need

So lets sign Danilo,Hamsik,Ganso..
And have Flamini,Gattuso,Seedorf,Van Bommel,Ganso,Boateng,Emanuelson,Hamsik,Danilo, El Sha all for midfield?

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score

Hence why we are looking to bring him next season and do a deal similar to Pato/Silva's where he trains with the team from January.

And he is originally a midfielder and can cover decently at RB. Maybe Sven can tell you more about him?

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Dont hate on Zambro, the guy is still very good as a backup. People are biased to young players.

I am being realistic. Zambro was already on a decline this season and struggled against better teams. Next season he is a year older and would have further declined.

Abate needs competition from someone who can realistically fight for the spot. Zambro, unfortunately cannot....

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Hence why we are looking to bring him next season and do a deal similar to Pato/Silva's where he trains with the team from January.

And he is originally a midfielder and can cover decently at RB. Maybe Sven can tell you more about him?

Yeah I was hoping for some Sven/Australiano wisdom....

I mean we used Serginho at LCM in carlo's 4-3-1-2 a lot. And he was brilliant in it. That said playing out of CM is different than FB, so I am just curious if it's right fit for him.

He did have a nice goal in copa finals. It's always nice to have players with winger characteristics who can take on a man and cut in

Schedule