Dario Silva in coma..:(

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Breaking News: Dario Silva In Coma

The former Uruguayan international striker is battling for his life after a devastating crash in Montevideo

According to police reports Silva, 33, was driving a Chevy Cheyenne and lost control of his car and crashed into a light post. The former Cagliari star was accompanied by two other footballers in one of Montevideo’s coastal region. He suffered severe traumas and fractures throughout his body.

Silva was one of the most successful Uruguayan forwards of the past decade. He played for Peñarol, Defensor Sporting, Espanyol, Málaga, Sevilla. He earned 49 caps for the Uruguayan national team and played on their World Cup team in 2002. His last match for the Celeste was last November against Australia as they looked for a spot in the 2006 World Cup.

He was presently without a team, but there was a possibility that he was going to sign with Nacional prior to the accident.

Juan Arango

source: goal.com

Get well soon Dario :(

adrian_milan

Revolutioners at works !!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Capitano, Pato, Ibra
menon_inc said:
Breaking News: Dario Silva In Coma

The former Uruguayan international striker is battling for his life after a devastating crash in Montevideo

According to police reports Silva, 33, was driving a Chevy Cheyenne and lost control of his car and crashed into a light post. The former Cagliari star was accompanied by two other footballers in one of Montevideo’s coastal region. He suffered severe traumas and fractures throughout his body.

Silva was one of the most successful Uruguayan forwards of the past decade. He played for Peñarol, Defensor Sporting, Espanyol, Málaga, Sevilla. He earned 49 caps for the Uruguayan national team and played on their World Cup team in 2002. His last match for the Celeste was last November against Australia as they looked for a spot in the 2006 World Cup.

He was presently without a team, but there was a possibility that he was going to sign with Nacional prior to the accident.

Juan Arango

source: goal.com

Get well soon Dario :(
You have our deepest simpathy ... get well soon Dario :cry:

roy_il_diavolo

L'Avvocato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Baggio,Rivera,MvB,Totti, Nesta, Del Piero, Buffon, Kaka
was responsible for the Henry Red Card in 2002 i think.. dont remmbr for sure.. so helped in the french getting kicked out in 2002...

GET WELL SOON !!!

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I just read that they had to amputate his right leg. :(

Best wishes to him in this dificult moment.

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Get well soon, Dario.

Torcida

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti, Gattuso, Maldini, Ronaldo 9
They amputated his leg :cry:

Adooooo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Barbarez, Salihamidzic
I really hated this guy when he played but these kind of things are tragic. I really hopes he gets better soon.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
silvavan.jpg

Popular Uruguayan ex player for Málaga, Sevilla and Espanyol, Darío Silva, has had his right leg amputated following a tragic traffic accident in Montevideo.

He is reported to be recovering in Intensive Care after surgery. His mother told the press that the operation had to be carried out to save his life.

Police say he was driving a van which hit a lamppost, which then fell on the vehicle, and that Silva was thrust through a side window and found unconscious at the side of the road.

With him in the van were two ex footballers, one of whom escaped unhurt and another who was slightly injured but had to be rescued by firemen.
© typicallyspanish.com

Absolutely horrible...his leg was amputated from the knee down, but there's still the possibility of infection.

Godspeed to Dario.

Last edited:

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
BMWTaylor said:
silvavan.jpg

Popular Uruguayan ex player for Málaga, Sevilla and Espanyol, Darío Silva, has had his right leg amputated following a tragic traffic accident in Montevideo.

He is reported to be recovering in Intensive Care after surgery. His mother told the press that the operation had to be carried out to save his life.

Police say he was driving a van which hit a lamppost, which then fell on the vehicle, and that Silva was thrust through a side window and found unconscious at the side of the road.

With him in the van were two ex footballers, one of whom escaped unhurt and another who was slightly injured but had to be rescued by firemen.
© typicallyspanish.com

Absolutely horrible...his leg was amputated from the knee down, but there's still the possibility of infection.

Godspeed to Dario.

Gosh thats horrible. I hope he is ok and will make a full recovery :(

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
I think he played for Portsmouth too?

Anyways get well soon Dario :(

acgaetano

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
italia wc team cassano kaka maldini crespo baggio zola maradonna
pipa said:
I think he played for Portsmouth too?

Anyways get well soon Dario :(

and Cagliari in serie a they have amputated his leg so his football life is over

tonyb

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
he was old anyway so doubt he had much more of a football career but i hope he gets well soon

ForzaAdriano3

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fabregas, ,Nesta, Maldini, Terry, Kaka, Rino, Adu
God that is aweful news. I first saw the new in an article in spanish but could not understand it so well. I hope he gets well and has no futher problems

Dora

Freedom Spirit
Reaction score
acgaetano said:
and Cagliari in serie a they have amputated his leg so his football life is over

that is so awful, how your life can get destroyed in a few moments, and you can't do something that makes you happy for the rest of your life
i've read the news a few days ago, i thought he'll be alright, but then i read his leg was amputated, it's really awful :(

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
tonyb said:
he was old anyway so doubt he had much more of a football career but i hope he gets well soon
So what?!?...besides that fact that he is a footballer the bloke got his leg amputated FFS.

Poor bloke...thats tragic.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
tonyb said:
he was old anyway so doubt he had much more of a football career
What the hell difference does that make at this point?

jigaromilan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaladze - Shevchenko - Kaka - Nesta - Maldini
BMWTaylor said:
silvavan.jpg

© typicallyspanish.com

Godspeed to Dario.
oh man i wish him the best and lets pray he recovers god bless him and his family