Didier Zokora joins Spurs

Rex

Reaction score
For those fellow thought Milan should've signed Ivory Coast superstar Didier Zokora, well here is the latest news. He's finally off to Premiership to join Tottenham Hotspurs.

Didier Zokora: I snubbed Chelsea, United and Arsenal to sign for Spurs...

By Antony Kastrinakis

IVORY COAST superstar Didier Zokora will sign for Tottenham this week in an £8.5million switch from St Etienne.

Midfielder Zokora, 25, revealed he snubbed Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea to join Spurs — as we exclusively told you last month.

He said: "It's done. I am a Tottenham player now. The two clubs have reached an agreement and I can't wait.

"In my mind I'm already a Tottenham player. I've not spoken to anyone from the club as my agent has conducted all the talks but I am happy."

Zokora (right) confirmed strong interest from United boss Sir Alex Ferguson — another Sport of the World tip — as well as the Gunners and champions Chelsea.

But he joined Spurs because he was guaranteed first-team football.

He added: "Tottenham were the ones who made it concrete and, from the moment I knew I would be a first-team regular, I didn't think twice.

Chance

"I chose Tottenham because they are going places and I was assured I would get plenty of chance to show what I can do.

"I learnt about Tottenham's interest a few months ago. Talks started as the World Cup got underway and, fortunately, went very well.

"Tottenham proved to me that they are improving as a team and have the ambition to go much higher. I wanted to join a Premiership club and the chance to live in London was an added attraction.

"Tottenham is a club with great history. Robbie Keane is a top player and they also have Jermaine Defoe. I know Assou Ecoto, who has just signed from Nantes, as we played together in the French League."

Problems

Zokora also revealed how he was on the edge of his seat watching Spurs' disastrous defeat at West Ham on the final day of the Premiership season that meant Arsenal pinched a Champions League spot at the expense of their bitter North London rivals.

He added: "The food poisoning problems were a great shame but I already had a clear idea I would probably be joining them.

"The fact remains that Tottenham were in contention for a Champions League spot until the last day of the season and that proves they can challenge in the Premiership.

"I am confident I will adapt to English football very quickly. I know from watching that it will suit my style of play.

"I can promise the club's fans that they will see the best of me and I hope to please them.

"The World Cup was a fantastic experience, even if we went out at the group stage. We had the most difficult group with Argentina and Holland but still played well and were a bit unlucky.

"It made me realise the gap between the smaller soccer nations and the top ones but I will be better off as a result.

"I can't wait for August to come and the start of a new season so that I can be part of the Premiership." (source: newsoftheworld.co.uk)
-----------------------------------

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
good... at least we know he's not just greedy for money & willin' to sit on the bench of Chelsea... and the fact he talk about the food poisonin' issue might indicate he doesn't think too highly of Arse-Nil... lolz...

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
2 bad Milan didn’t notice him.
He impressed me the most in this WC. :(
How much did they pay 4 him ?

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Probably the best defensive midfielder in the world cup. Great signing for spurs.

ACMCEAR

Con il diavolo insieme
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*KPB*, /THIAGO SILVA\, +PATO+, Nesta, Noce, Super Pippo, Abate, Baresi, MvB
Awesome for Zokora, he is young + very talented......would like to see him here, but im glad to see that he got a good deal with a decent team

Yan Dao

La Bandiera
Reaction score
Hope his stomach is strong enough to withstand other probable attempts at food poisoning :D (sorry can't help it...)

Carrick-Zokora supporting Keane, pretty awesome.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Much like how the Premiership chased Senegals' stars following WC 2002, the same is happening with Africa's best team at WC 06. Ghana may have reached the 2nd round, but I am sure most of you would agree the Ivory Coast not only should have been there, but would take down Ghana in an exciting football match.:)

Rex

Reaction score
He will be good or even great addition to squad though. With next season Spurs participate in UEFA Cup competition, Martin Jol has got enough back up to maximize his tenaciously midfields game-plan. One of dark horse side in Premiership if they keep consistently playing.

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
he will just suffer the same fate as El Hadji Diuff...

disappear to obscurity...
i hate players declaring they snubbed so and so trying to act all superior and all... i cant wait for the boltons and blackburns to kick his shins in!
:D

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Shevchenko, Nesta, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo
Next year , maybe totenham will get more goals and maybe qualify for CL

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
Carrick and Zokora ...

Hmm .... looks good.

Demerio

Photoshop Lieutenant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA-Pandev-PATO
He was impressive in this world cup, but not yet good for Milan`s starting 11 i think!!!

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
He wans't for Milan. Good for him that he join Totenham

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
I've seen him play for St. Ettiene(sp?) during last summer's Intertoto Cup. He's a pretty decent player for both club and country. If he does not succeed at Spurs, I'm sure he will at another club - Unless he decides to get fat like Diouf did.

Schedule