My goodness

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: Az.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Liverpool legend Graeme Souness has dismissed the impressive form of Manchester United defender Lisandro Martinez.

Martinez arrived at Old Trafford from Ajax this summer in a deal worth up to £57million and has been praised by United fans for the positive impact he's had on their defence.

However, Souness is not quite as convinced as others and instead insisted that the Argentine will eventually be 'caught' out due to his lack of height.

Speaking on TalkSport, Souness said: "They've [Man United] got better players in. Whoever's responsible for that, they deserve a pat on the back."

When asked specifically on Martinez, he claimed: "That worry for me is still there. If you watch at set-pieces, he still uses a blocker or they use him on the near post. He's not got the physique to take on the big guys and man-mark them.

"I think he's brought a bit of aggression to them. He definitely has. My experience in the dressing rooms are, if you've got a couple people that are willing to stand up and fight, you've got several people coming in behind you."

He continued: "There's a lot to like about him. I like his aggression. The first thing he did, when he played Liverpool, he's gone right through Mo Salah early on. For the rest of the game, Salah was looking for him. I like that.

"I just feel, when you're that size, you'll get caught. You'll get pinned in the box. I don't think he's terribly quick. I don't think he's terribly good on the ball. But he's got something about him that makes other people play [well].

"5ft 9in and he's playing against guys that are 6ft 2in. I can't tell you a centre-back, in my time in the English game, that's been super successful being that size."
I like him. We had another, a lb, but still on the short side, Heinze... Ayala was short.

If yr short and play as a defender... best to be Argentine.

SecondStar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
moyes is not utilizing paqueta properly. There’s no reason he should consistently be higher up the pitch than Antonio. Is he expecting Antonio to pick him out? Lol

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
ManUturd losing to the mighty Aston Villa.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Cristiano Ronaldo says Glazers don't care about Manchester United​

"Manchester are a marketing club - they get money from the marketing," he said.

"It will be hard for Manchester to be top of the game in the next two or three years."

"The fans are always right," said Portugal captain Ronaldo. "They should know the truth. The players want the best for the club. I want the best for the club. This is why I came to Manchester United, this is why I love this club.

"You have some things inside the club which don't help Manchester reach the top level like City, Liverpool and even now Arsenal.

"It's complicated. It's difficult. It's hard."

"It's hard to listen to that kind of criticism and negativity about people who play with you. For example, Gary Neville, as well. They are not my friends," said Ronaldo.

"It's easy to criticise. I don't know if you have a job in television that they must criticise to be more famous, I really don't understand.

"I think they take advantage of [my profile] because they are not stupid. It's hard when you see people who were in the dressing room with you criticising that way."

tom-hiddleston-bless-you-for-saying-that.gif

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Cristina is so butthurt.
Seems like he can’t handle the downfall nor him declining with age. He should accept his destiny.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players

CraigoACM

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All of them
Despite Arsenal doing so well, I still think City will win the PL. Hope I am wrong. Also, City will not win the CL. That is one thing they will struggle to do. Bottle it, I reckon.

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
united looks like a serious team under ten hag. he's doing a good job, way better than i expected him to do

Saladin

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
How that first goal by united not an offside? Giroud was on his ass and got sanctioned. Var or not when you have shit ref you get fucked.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
united looks like a serious team under ten hag. he's doing a good job, way better than i expected him to do
When you remove a malignant tumor like Ronaldo that's usually what happens

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
Paying €121m for a player with 6 months at the top level :lol: How on earth did Boehly become a billionaire? :conf:
I hope the price doesn't crush Fernandez.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players

La Liga president Javier Tebas slams Premier League transfer spending​

La Liga officials have called for further regulation to stop Premier League clubs from overspending.

The January transfer window saw the top-fight in England spend an extraordinary £815 million.

A significant portion of that spending was done by Chelsea under the guidance of co-owner Todd Boehly.

La Liga president Javier Tebas shared a video on Twitter of general director Javier Gomez demanding that UEFA take action.

"We are aware there is a lot of talk about how La Liga's economic control means Spanish clubs sign less than Premier League clubs," he said.

"Let's explain what's behind that. What's the truth? The reality is that at La Liga we want clubs to spend what they can afford and generate themselves, that is to say, their own revenues.

"It is true that shareholders are also allowed to support the club and put money in to spend more than the club itself can generate, but within certain limits."

He continued: "What's the issue? Essentially, they [Premier League owners] are 'doping' the club. They are injecting money not generated by the club for it to spend, which puts the viability of the club at risk if the shareholder leaves. In our opinion, that is cheating, because it drags down the rest of the leagues.

"That is our fight, demanding that UEFA implements a new economic regulation that prevents the shareholder of a club from putting in more than a certain amount and that it enforces this rule and sanctions non-compliant clubs. It doesn't matter which league or country it is, they should sanction clubs that don't comply with this regulation."
Guy is a whore! Last time it was the Arabs who were financial doping their clubs... now its EPL.