FC Barcelona v AC Milan - Joan Gamper Trophy

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
FCBarcelona.es said:
AC Milan top class rival for Gamper

For the 39th edition of the Joan Gamper Trophy, Barca can count on a top class opponent in current Italian League champions AC Milan.

Barca's 2004-5 team will be unveiled at the Nou Camp in August against the powerful AC Milan team, which manager Carlo Ancelotti has moulded into an attractive outfit, packed with stars.

Exceptional squad

Veteran captain Paolo Maldini figures in a defence counting on two of the World's great defenders, Nesta and Cafu, with the newly signed Dutch giant Japp Stam. Andrea Pirlo is a classy midfield general with wonderful vision and he's more than well complemented by players such as Gattusso, Ambrosini Seedorf and Kaká, one of the sensations of last season.

Up front, Ancelotti can count on Ukrainian hit man Andrei Shevtxenko, Italy's leading score last season, with Inzaghi or Tomasson alongside a five-star team for what should be a five-star Gamper .

Titles

The Italian giants boast an enviable list of titles, including 17 Italian Leagues, 6 European Cups, 5 Italian Cups, 4 European Supercups, 4 Italian Supercups and 3 Intercontinental Cups.
Barcelona it is!

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
I thought a "cup" match like this against a top class team deserved some more attention. :o :rolleyes:

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Passion for *9* said:
http://forum.acmilan-online.com/viewtopic.php?t=3649

Now even mods do it + start superfluous threads :rolleyes:

Don't u have other things better to do than complaining all the time its a blockbuster match why not start a topic about it!

Anyways K-J thanks for the info. all star line cant wait for the contest

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
well we will watch finally top-class football :tongue: ..

Cafu Stam Nesta Maldini !! Ronaldino will have work.. :D

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
lol..san paolo said it right..stop complaining and frowning all da time passion......erm..yea..would be a good match..!..cant wait..

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
San Paolo said:
Passion for *9* said:

Don't u have other things better to do than complaining all the time its a blockbuster match why not start a topic about it!

There's a HUGE thread called SUMMER FEATURES, I think it perfectly suffices to cover the few matches that will be played until September. And the info on the Barcelona match was available in there BEFORE K-J started his thread. Either you're consequent in trying to avoid clogging the forums with redundant stuff or you just go on + turn them into a dump. I only bitch when necessary, dude :rolleyes:

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Passion for *9* said:
San Paolo said:
Passion for *9* said:

There's a HUGE thread called SUMMER FEATURES, I think it perfectly suffices to cover the few matches that will be played until September. And the info on the Barcelona match was available in there BEFORE K-J started his thread. Either you're consequent in trying to avoid clogging the forums with redundant stuff or you just go on + turn them into a dump. I only bitch when necessary, dude :rolleyes:

OK but your missing the point...the thing is, is it your job to close threads? K-J is a moderator so i think he has a bigger say than you (no offence) ;)

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Okay people, let's make things clear:
I'll leave this thread open since we kept the ones talking about the matches in China, but for any future games please post them in the summer features thread which Passion refered to:

I made it sticky for everyone to notice!
Thanks everyone for your concern, end of story :)

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
San Paolo said:
OK but your missing the point...the thing is, is it your job to close threads? K-J is a moderator so i think he has a bigger say than you (no offence) ;)

No, ur missing the point. The point is redundant threads + not who is authorized to close them. Btw, K-J is temp mod in charge of the EURO forum, so his word *here* has not really more bearing than anyone else's one should hope... but... whatever :o

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
San Paolo said:

No, ur missing the point. The point is redundant threads + not who is authorized to close them. Btw, K-J is temp mod in charge of the EURO forum, so his word *here* has not really more bearing than anyone else's one should hope... but... whatever :o

Not even the other moderators who are in charge of this thread?

Go cry me a river!

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The talk is not about the others, but about redundant threads + K-J who is a mod but not here. Too difficult to grasp, huh ? :o

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
Well I opened a new thread about a match that isn't played anywhere near China (or any other Asian country).

It's a top match for a cup. Maybe not a very important one for us, but it's still a battle between two giants.

Passion, take it easy. I think it's easier to open a new topic otherwise the other one would have 20 pages of posts concerning all matches in the summer. That wouldn't make it more organized right?

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio
Now, this game is going to test our defence.

Hopefully, they play the same four as against Lazio.

If I want my bubble to be burst about Maldini back in left back position, I hope it's in a pre-season game that we find out and not a game with a lot at stake.

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
None, but thinking of some.
K-J said:
Andrei Shevtxenko

The Barcelona website does not know how to spell one of the best players in the worls's name. How embarassing!! :rolleyes:

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think they are spelling it their way

tx - ch in Catalonia, I think.

Someone who can explain this better than me, can you back that up?

Or am I making an ass of myself? :D

cuore

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capitano
I dont mean to take sides here...but If K-J were to put this in the "summer feature" thread...I would never have seen it. The fact is that people look at new threads rather than old ones which theyve already looked at 100 times. In making a new thread he made this game known. All I kno is that I've asked a million questions in old threads that have never been answered, but when I create a new thread to ask a question, yes I pollute the boards, but I get an answer in a few hours.

fbvanBasten

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I think in this game Maldini will play as a central defender alongside Nesta, and Stam will play as RB. Barcelona will win this game.

Milan4ever

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sheva,aimar,nesta,maldini,van basten,veron,tevez,
yessssssssssssssssssssssss
forza milan

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
savicevic10 said:

Not this time :tongue:

Correct explanation.

Taulant

subliminal
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RUI COSTA & all milan players
I can't belive what I saw at acmilan.com, Sheva, Stam,Crespo, are not in the squad against Barca :rolleyes: Why :conf:

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Taulant said:
I can't belive what I saw at acmilan.com, Sheva, Stam,Crespo, are not in the squad against Barca :rolleyes: Why :conf:

Oh no, is this true? Maybe the coach wants to play Tomasson and other young striker, that can be my only explanation or is he trying to rest Sheva?? I hope that's it and I hope that he's physically in good condition. I think this might just have to be a case of resting key players even though I wouldn't put Crespo or Stam in this section... just yet!!

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It's a good idea about Shevchenko. He doesn't need to play.

unrossonero

vüsa minga!
Reaction score
savicevic10 said:

correct ... except that the region is catalunia ... catalan is apparently a mixture of spanish + french, with local accents of course ... always sounded 'greek' to me :D :D

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
unrossonero said:
savicevic10 said:

correct ... except that the region is catalunia ... catalan is apparently a mixture of spanish + french, with local accents of course ... always sounded 'greek' to me :D :D

LOL. Exactly.

Sav10.....you are right too. For instance, Barca director, Txiki Begiristain .....pronounced 'Chiki'

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So Xabi Alonso would be Chabi, sounds funny!! :D

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
~Biski Biskit~ said:
So Xabi Alonso would be Chabi, sounds funny!! :D

No...

X (at the beginning of a word) you pronounce 'sh'... Shabi ;)

I think there's also some peculiarity about the 'b' (the technical er phonetic term is bilabial fricative) but you better have this explained by an expert... :D

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Catalonia, Catalunia, whatever.

No one from that region would mind me using the English spelling. Afterall it's not like it's a region that's famous for the people being proud of being from there or anything :D

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
savicevic10 said:
Catalonia, Catalunia, whatever.

No one from that region would mind me using the English spelling. Afterall it's not like it's a region that's famous for the people being proud of being from there or anything :D

lol....

Passion, now we are diving into Basque traditions with what you are saying, which is in fact correct. Euskera and Euskal Herria are really another language and world respectively. I know enough to be knowledgable, but if a Basque sees this.....they may simply call me a Spaniard. :D

The 'x' is pronounced 'ch' just as she said. For instance, 'Etxeberria' is pronounced 'et-CHAY-berria'

The language seems more difficult than it is because it is so unfamiliar. Its profusion of 'ks' and 'xs' looks weird on a page, but Euskara is largely phonetic with some minor exceptions, like the 'b' and 'h', which is very difficult for French and Spanish speakers to pronounce.

I could go on and on, but I don't feel like writing. Fook it.....Anyone interested in Euskara can call me :tongue:

Schedule