Final - Spain (1) vs. Netherlands (0), AET - July 11th

Which team will win the World Cup?

• Total voters

Fiero

Reaction score
That's it, the World Cup is close to an end. Spain and Netherlands reach the final, to compete for a first triumph of the most desired trophy in football, the World Cup.

Spain, the number one contenders, are at the final. Perhaps more flair and entertainment was expected of them, but La Furia Roja managed to tactically outsmart their opponents, and are one step away from their dream.

Netherlands on the other hand, though not favorites before the World Cup, won all their matches and therefore deserve to be at the final. The Oranje perhaps didn't unleash their sexy brand of football, but they are solid as hell, and are the prime example that now results are more important than performance.

Both teams will give it their best shot, and no matter what the result is, they are both already winners. May the best team win, and hopefully the match provides a great entertainment for us, the viewers.

anth183

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Andriy Shevchenko, and Filippo Inzaghi
lol just a couple mins early

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
new champions thats a good thing

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Hup Holland Hup!

(this is new for me)

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
1-0 robben deflected offside goal in 25 min + red card for xabi alonso because of punching him in the face in 63 min :D

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
i can't wait to read perez' statement. You know sneijder and robben had to go.... they weren't good enough. Seems to be sneijder will clinch balon d'or if dutch win world cup....

if i'm feelign dick enough i'll troll back my posts last summer where i said sneijder is better fit than kaka going forward and madridista told me i was a) ridiculous and b) bitter.

sidenote: Which RM cast off will explode next season because he is actually given successive string of games??? I'm saying van der vaart. Benzema too if he gets sold.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I have Billy69 type of feelings about this game. But I'll refrain. Bailey's and ice cream taste good.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm slightly in favour of Spain.

Anyway, it will be a great match to see drinking beer in a bar (ok, I know it can be said about any football match)

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
sidenote: Which RM cast off will explode next season because he is actually given successive string of games??? I'm saying van der vaart. Benzema too if he gets sold.

Guti with his last flash :cool:

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Hunter puts one away in the 88th to win it for the Dutch :)

Through

Beginner
Reaction score
If spain plays as well as today, Oranje will be in trouble.

I fear that Spain can disrupt our buildup and that we'll see a kinda boring counter strategy from us. But we do have a fair chance. Spain has shown some weaker moments, perhaps we can force those.

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Expecting a big wave of Holland love for this game.
The losers who rooted for Germany just coz they blindly hate the Spanish divers will now jinx Holland.
Talking about hypocrisy since Holland dive more + much dirtier thank to Bommel.
May the better team win with a hope that Spain as the better team to win the world cup.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
I hope Spain wins it for two reasons:

-Has some players i like : Torres,Cassilias,Ramos,Villa.
-has less players that i hate then Holland.

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
would be nice for spain to win it...last team that won euro & wc was france and now they have chance to do the same..ok france won wc 1st and euro later but who cares

Last edited:

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
would be nice for spain to win it...last team that won euro & wc was france

Man, there is really no point in stating the obvious...

Saying it would be nice for a team to win the World Cup.... really???? :eek:

(I might be a little upset BTW)

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli
It would have been nice if Germany was in the final.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Come on Holland :star:

adriancg

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Buffon, Fábregas, Rino, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Zidane, Kaká, R9, Pato, Agüero, Thiago Silva, Jovetic
I think the correct way would be. At least this is how we differentiate thousands and millions here :p

1,000'000,000'000,000'000,000'000,000'000,000

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Holland are so fucked for obvious reason : cristina.
Spain to win simply to witness Milanista crying :D

Last edited:

volcanopele

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
El Shaarawy, Balotelli
Well, it depends on how Holland comes out. If they actually come out on the offensive to start the game, maybe, just maybe they'll have a shot. If they think they have to sit back, take the Spanish attacks, and attempt to counterattack when they can, they WILL lose, just like Portugal, Paraguay, and Germany before them.

Spain can be beaten. They can't shoot worth a damn, but when you allow them to shoot a bazillion shots and you shoot 0 shots, of course the Spanish are going to score eventually. It is inevitable.

I will go in rooting for the Netherlands, but if they start out just like the three teams before them, screw them, I'll go for Spain to beat another moronic team...

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
I guess you haven't watched Spain - Paraguay. Those guys put a lot of pressure on Pique & Puyol so they were forced to play the long ball. Iniesta & Xavi were almost invisible in that match. We have to play attacking, or we'll lose.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
Preview of the game:

2mpxzqq.gif

Torres will try to be the first player to do "The Torres" during a World Cup final.

It's the most hard trick in the sports history since Tony Hawk's 900.

This trick consists in predicting that an adversary is running after you, jumping when the adversary comes a little close and then lead the referee to be red carding your adversary by using Bertolt Brecht acting techniques.

This is gonna be the best World Cup final EVAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! OH-MY-GOD!!!!

Seriously, there should be a great concert after the final, with real artists. Artists that are abble to represent how great this game is like Lady Gaga, Jonas Brothers and Kesha.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I have faith in sneijder and robben:star:. They were the protagonists in the CL final so surely they will deliver in this one as well. I really hope holland doesnt fuck their most important game:(

Any chances of VDV starting ahead of de jong?? IMO holland will need more creativity than destruction 4 this one, players who know how to hold the ball. Time 4 all out attack, no excessive defending in this one.

Netherlands all the way!!:star::star::star:

Schedule