Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
That guy sounds like he has a positive outlook on life

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
:lol: "emphasizes on realism" :lol:

Yeah let's create a story where all heroes are men, that would be fun. I think the story clearly shows how it would be for women living in medieval times, I'm sure you haven't missed that.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I didn't enjoy the episode and this season has been a disappointment sadly. Arya assassination of the night King was to sudden and lame... Feels like they're cramming 1.5-2 seasons into one season. This shows could go on till season 15 for all I care.

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
Cersei has the biggest plot armor in the series, she should've been dead 2 seasons ago.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Its called game of thrones , ya know politics and humans.. not ice zombies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You want a show with no magic and with realism?

Go watch milan games.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
:lol: "emphasizes on realism" :lol:

Yeah let's create a story where all heroes are men, that would be fun. I think the story clearly shows how it would be for women living in medieval times, I'm sure you haven't missed that.

Maybe you might wanna watch his interviews where he says explicitly that, especially when asked how his work compares to Tolkein.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Maybe you might wanna watch his interviews where he says explicitly that, especially when asked how his work compares to Tolkein.

Maybe you wanna use ur brain and understand that there are different type of "realism" and not having women as heroes isn't what he was talking about.

I can't believe I'm having this discussion :lol: Az you always manage to surprise me.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
He makes a good point, GRRM emphasis is on realism, and in a medieval setting all these women wouldn't have so much power.

Cersei is the most ridiculous of them all, she has no men loyal to her that hold any power, yet season after season she somehow magically replenishes the depleted Lannister army.

Dany you can excuse cause you know, dragons and that's fantasy. But Arya killing the Night King was total bull shit.

And i'm not even talking about how unreal that jump was, you can excuse that and say it was the super duper awesome training she had, but they just gave her that storyline because..?

Because fan service that's why, it was clearly Jon's storyline and all of a sudden, Arya is Azor Ashai the last hero? What kind of bull shit is that?

What was the point in resurrecting Jon? What was the point of resurrecting Beric? So he has a minor Hodor moment?

The last 3 seasons have been nothing more than fan service.

A quote from a asoiaf forum:

:mb:'s shallow analytical skills always reign supreme in anything he does:proud:

There's a reason why there weren't many women in medieval settings.
As such the GOT Universe gets less and less realistic each time a strong empowered women takes over power.

Yes there is such a thing as realism in a show with magic and dragons.
Fluids, for instance obey the laws of gravity, and thus Tyrion can have wine in his cup and not droplets floating like he was on the moon.

Basic rules of physics/science and society should govern the lore (unless the lore is specifically against one of these rules) in order to make lore as realistic and relatable as possible.

So far the majority of the political power in the show is held by women.
Sansa, Cersei, Danerys, are all basically in the game along with Jon.
Then there's the lower tier which is mainly combat focused...with Arya & Brienne vs The Hound, Jorah, Jamie

These proportions are historically ludicrous, especially in the combat focused roles. I don't have any issue with it per se. But to either pretend that this isn't more (forced?) feminism injected into the show is to deny the obvious.

Gender roles are real, despite what the post modernists say. And early man respected these roles. I'm not saying that they are better or worse than now (I'll keep those viewpoints to myself before I get invaded by the woke brigade :o ) But, for instance to have Asha Yara Greyjoy be in charge of her own Navy was so incredibly rare that I can't think of a single female that this applied to in that era....Again, this isn't any sexism on my part, this is the nature of sailors and navy work....it's EXTREMELY not compatible with womanhood at that time.

So you do it once, that's fine, twice ...ok...three times yeah I guess
....but a bajillion times as in GOT it becomes far less realistic and breaks the immersion. I'm not asking for a knight in shining armour to slay the dragon and save the damsel in distress....but when you focus this much on woke points, you break the immersion...you encourage dissonance....and you get dumb ass shit like what happened with the Ice King :head:
Maybe if it was the ice queen she'd have been harder to kill as she'd have shoulder mounted laser cannons or some shit :o

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
:mb:'s shallow analytical skills always reign supreme in anything he does:proud:

There's a reason why there weren't many women in medieval settings.
As such the GOT Universe gets less and less realistic each time a strong empowered women takes over power.

Yes there is such a thing as realism in a show with magic and dragons.
Fluids, for instance obey the laws of gravity, and thus Tyrion can have wine in his cup and not droplets floating like he was on the moon.

Basic rules of physics/science and society should govern the lore (unless the lore is specifically against one of these rules) in order to make lore as realistic and relatable as possible.

So far the majority of the political power in the show is held by women.
Sansa, Cersei, Danerys, are all basically in the game along with Jon.
Then there's the lower tier which is mainly combat focused...with Arya & Brienne vs The Hound, Jorah, Jamie

These proportions are historically ludicrous, especially in the combat focused roles. I don't have any issue with it per se. But to either pretend that this isn't more (forced?) feminism injected into the show is to deny the obvious.

Gender roles are real, despite what the post modernists say. And early man respected these roles. I'm not saying that they are better or worse than now (I'll keep those viewpoints to myself before I get invaded by the woke brigade :o ) But, for instance to have Asha Yara Greyjoy be in charge of her own Navy was so incredibly rare that I can't think of a single female that this applied to in that era....Again, this isn't any sexism on my part, this is the nature of sailors and navy work....it's EXTREMELY not compatible with womanhood at that time.

So you do it once, that's fine, twice ...ok...three times yeah I guess
....but a bajillion times as in GOT it becomes far less realistic and breaks the immersion. I'm not asking for a knight in shining armour to slay the dragon and save the damsel in distress....but when you focus this much on woke points, you break the immersion...you encourage dissonance....and you get dumb ass shit like what happened with the Ice King :head:
Maybe if it was the ice queen she'd have been harder to kill as she'd have shoulder mounted laser cannons or some shit :o

Good post.

Maybe you wanna use ur brain and understand that there are different type of "realism" and not having women as heroes isn't what he was talking about.

I can't believe I'm having this discussion :lol: Az you always manage to surprise me.

Why do you still comment without watching any of his interviews? Wait i know, you a dumb mofo pretending to be smart.

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
ohh nohhh my favorite tv show have to many strong women in it... i can't watch without feeling my penis shrinking :( :( :(

i feel so sorry for you guys :lol:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I like all the strong female characters and think they fit well in. Khaleesi's love thing with Jon was a bit of a turn off for me (not just because of the incest thing) so I don't like her so much anymore. But Arya's been awesome throughout the whole show. I'm disappointed in the NK kill but whatever. It's a shame they won't let her kill Cercei now, that was my guess from the start. Another favorite of mine is Brienne, her whole story line have been awesome.

Remember when people were so pissed of because a black guy starred in Star Wars? :lol: tinyyyyyyyyy people

The girl have strong Stark blood in her, can wear other peoples faces (maybe that was how she got close??? just thought about that) after intense training in Bravos but people complain that she's a woman :lol:

Last edited:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ohh nohhh my favorite tv show have to many strong women in it... i can't watch without feeling my penis shrinking :( :( :(

i feel so sorry for you guys :lol:

How are you this daft? Here i will make it simple for you dumb ass:

- I love all the female heroes in Avengers, because they make sense there/

- Women in Got are in a medieval patriarchal society, were except for Dorne and some parts of Essos, are treated like nothing more than bargaining chips at weddings if they are lucky to be born in a high status family.

This is highly evident in the first seasons, who closely follow the books. This is not Lord of the Rings you fuckwit, but D&D made it so.

What they are doing in the tv shows, breaks the whole point of the realism in the books. They pissed on story line after story line, and this is just another fuck up by the clowns in charge.

And lol about trying to make your point, because some racists twats had a problem with a black person playing a character in Star Wars, gtfo with your PC bull shit.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
How are you this daft? Here i will make it simple for you dumb ass:

- I love all the female heroes in Avengers, because they make sense there/

- Women in Got are in a medieval patriarchal society, were except for Dorne and some parts of Essos, are treated like nothing more than bargaining chips at weddings if they are lucky to be born in a high status family.

This is highly evident in the first seasons, who closely follow the books. This is not Lord of the Rings you fuckwit, but D&D made it so.

What they are doing in the tv shows, breaks the whole point of the realism in the books. They pissed on story line after story line, and this is just another fuck up by the clowns in charge.

And lol about trying to make your point, because some racists twats had a problem with a black person playing a character in Star Wars, gtfo with your PC bull shit.

exactly!! you have seen this rule yet you can't accept the exceptions to the rule. There are always exceptions to the rule.

Cercei was exactly that when married to Robert, but she was smart and had plot armor so she survived and is the only villain remaining together with that guy who banged her recently. Khaleesi was sold and raped, but was smart and had plot armor so she is where she is now. Sansa the same shit. Talking about plot armor, Jon died and came back. This all "make sense" to me...

PC bullshit? :lol: :lol: I'd like to see Ronda Rousey smash your head in after you telling her that women can't fight

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
exactly!! you have seen this rule yet you can't accept the exceptions to the rule. There are always exceptions to the rule.

Cercei was exactly that when married to Robert, but she was smart and had plot armor so she survived and is the only villain remaining together with that guy who banged her recently. Khaleesi was sold and raped, but was smart and had plot armor so she is where she is now. Sansa the same shit. Talking about plot armor, Jon died and came back. This all "make sense" to me...

PC bullshit? :lol: :lol: I'd like to see Ronda Rousey smash your head in after you telling her that women can't fight

Lannister army got decimated in the war of the 5 kings. Yet Cercei magically without having any magic found another Lannister army to keep her in power.

Dany is magic, so like i said in the previous post, her having power makes sense. Women in Dorne having power makes sense (although they really fucked up there by not introducing Arianne)

Sansa having so much power makes no sense. They've literally dumbed down Little finger in the last couple of seasons, so she can 'outwit' him.

Arya being a super duper ninja assassin is not a problem with me. She is suppose to be so she can kill the people on her list. Her killing the NK is not, because it makes no sense story wise.

The NK magically forgets to uses his spider senses when Arya creeps up on him? And his White Walkers literally don't sense her? Because fuck logic ?

And this is literally my last post to you, since you're that dumb and got from what i said that women can't fight.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Can we please be annoyed that Lysa Tully was the regent of Eyrie?? I know you would have want to see Robin sucking on a mans nipples.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Arya is transgender so she has both male and female superpowers!

Thats why nobody can sense her coming.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Since the last episode of season 5 where johny boy get gutted by his bruther of the nights watch the writtings just going badly. Grrm taking an eternity

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
Arguing logic thing in movie, espesially fantasy one :fp::fp::fp:

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Out of all problems there is in the world and probably in your lives as well, you are arguing about womens roll in a fkn tv show.

And ouf of all shit you can discuss about the show, you discuss womens roll. ffs :lol:

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
So we shldnt argue abt Milan? What r u even doing in a football forum with all the problems in the world

:fp:

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
lol

i wont even

what kind of comeback was that? you missed the point completely or something?

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Looks like i did

??

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dont worry. Im not surprised. Carry on

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It's such a strawman when ppl act like you can't reasonably expect a degree of realism in fantasy literature.

The realism is defined by the rules of the lord. You wouldn't expect, for instance the aliens from the Alien series to suddenly start shooting lasers out of their eyes... because that's not part of the lore.

There are social rules once you define a medieval society. To keep breaking these breaks the immersion and thus the relatability of the characters. This works for any fictional story. It's also why the better pieces of writing tend to be those more rooted in reality such as The Wire or The Sopranos etc. Even those media have their own lore.

You can break the rules a tiny bit to achieve a great impact. For instance when a sick Tony Soprano beat the shit out of some young muscle head. .... it was very dramatic and mostly well received because it added to his legendary status....but if the show writers kept making a fat old Italian dude beat the shit out of younger, fitter faster guys then you damage your own story. This is why Captain Marvel for instance is such shit and the comics don't sell.

It's not because ppl have any issues with strong female characters. It's when you break the rules constantly to push a message that the reader/viewer should be impressed or like them because they are strong. Coming back to GOT sure Arya is badass and a great assassin...but it felt almost like they robbed Jon by not letting him be the one to deal with the threat that he tried to unite everyone into fighting. And there are so many ppl that Arya can and should kill anyway. I would be happy if Cersi gets it from her. She did a great job on the Frey etc.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You should definitely issue a formal complain to the got customer service.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If you keep issuing "don't like it, don't buy it" ultimatums to your customers instead of listening to legitimate criticism... eventually they will stop buying.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
i didn't really care about who got to kill the NK, but I feel like they could have done a better job

the episode was exciting but it was that way because we're familiar with the universe and were curious about what would happen to the characters / world not because the episode was great.

it honestly didn't feel like quality television, it this was a standalone movie it'd get endless amounts of shit. so many dumb tactical decisions that don't really make sense except that it looks kinda cool on TV, characters surviving "almost certain death"-level life threatening situations off-camera with no explanation.
and the hype behind it did not help at all. "better then helm's deep" lmfao. not even a top3 fight in the GOT series

a bunch of stuff just felt low effort. like what's the deal with ghost turning from a direwolf into a dog and charging forwards like cannon fodder ? he's german shepherd sized and he's supposed to be jon's pal. why is he so small and why the fuck would he be part of the first charge and not chill with bran near the tree. that way would make more sense and he could distract the NK after he kills dickless, give Arya an kill window and provide an explanation about why NK's spidersense backfired + it's jon's dog, mythical creature from north of the wall etc. it would have felt a lot cleaner that way, I think

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i didn't really care about who got to kill the NK, but I feel like they could have done a better job

the episode was exciting but it was that way because we're familiar with the universe and were curious about what would happen to the characters / world not because the episode was great.

it honestly didn't feel like quality television, it this was a standalone movie it'd get endless amounts of shit. so many dumb tactical decisions that don't really make sense except that it looks kinda cool on TV, characters surviving "almost certain death"-level life threatening situations off-camera with no explanation.
and the hype behind it did not help at all. "better then helm's deep" lmfao. not even a top3 fight in the GOT series

a bunch of stuff just felt low effort. like what's the deal with ghost turning from a direwolf into a dog and charging forwards like cannon fodder ? he's german shepherd sized and he's supposed to be jon's pal. why is he so small and why the fuck would he be part of the first charge and not chill with bran near the tree. that way would make more sense and he could distract the NK after he kills dickless, give Arya an kill window and provide an explanation about why NK's spidersense backfired + it's jon's dog, mythical creature from north of the wall etc. it would have felt a lot cleaner that way, I think

:thumbsup: