Gli Azzurri - La Nazionale, Italy National Football Team

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm assuming Conte will stick with his 424

He might switch to 433 at times

If they're playing with a 3 man mid it HAS to be Marchisio-T. Motta-Verrati, one hell of a midfield
T.Motta & Verrati are so damn good together

Italy has a lot of quality options for the wings - Candreva, Insigne, Berardi, Bernardeschi, Jack, Florenzi, SES.. I probably forgot someone. It's worrying that Insigne & Bernardeschi haven't been called up yet, they must make the squad
Berardi & SES can play SS too

Last edited:

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
I hope not, we need to ditch this idea of attacking football. Like you said the attack is poor and the midfield is good, then why play with more strikers? Yes we have talented wingers, but I don't believe they wil lead us anywhere, they are not ready and lack experience while the other big teams have better players. I hope we play smart. I actually believe he'll be going back to 3-5-2.

Conte is also terrible in picking wingers, Gabbiadini, Sansone, Giovinco, Cerci, Giaccherini and his favorite Eder all got their call while he keeps dismissing Insigne & Bernardeschi. Berardi still has 0 caps, it took him a very long time to call up Florenzi & Bonaventura and tbh SES shouldn't be the first option either.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The 424 is more of 442 though, especially with Candreva & Florenzi who have great work rate (there is still Bernardeschi)

I have my doubts about Insigne and Berardi in the 424 because of their work rate

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We play at the end of the month against Spain & Germany, let's see what he'll do. I do not trust him at all.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Bernardeschi will be the star of the Euro.

Considering the number of good wide players that Italy have now and relatively poor quality in the center, it should be a 4-4-2 of sorts.

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
We play at the end of the month against Spain & Germany, let's see what he'll do. I do not trust him at all.

It took him how long to call up Bona? Ses over fucking Bona, arguably the best left winger in the league? Then there's the eder/pelle combo up top

Shit squad selection.

Bona-march-veratti-florenzi
---------------motta

Berardi should be up top.

There's so many combos that could work on paper

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capello, Donadoni Italy favourites?
Fabio Capello and Bologna?s Roberto Donadoni are reported favourites for the Italy job, with Marco Materazzi a shock option.

It was announced yesterday that Antonio Conte would be stepping down as CT after Euro 2016 and the discussion about his successor is already in full flow.

Gazzetta dello Sport reports today that Donadoni, who led the Azzurrri from 2006-2008, fits the profile perfectly but is still under contract with the Rossoblu.

Therefore Capello is also a leading contender, given that he is free to take over after having coached the national teams of England and Russia.

Leicester City?s Claudio Ranieri and Giampiero Ventura of Torino have also been suggested as shortlisted names.

Il Giornale has added a shock suggestion today by putting forward Materazzi?s name.

The former Inter defender was a World Cup winner with the Azzurri in 2006, but his only coaching experience so far has been with Chennaiyin in the Indian Super League.

Ranieri: ?Leicester for life!?
Claudio Ranieri downplays links with the Italy job, insisting he wants to retire with Leicester.

The Italian has led the Foxes to the top of the Premier League, and they will win the title with 20 points from their remaining eight games.

It has been suggested that his exploits could lead the FIGC to consider Ranieri as Antonio Conte?s successor, but the former Juventus Coach wants to stay with his current club.

?I?m fine at Leicester and I?m not thinking about moving,? Ranieri told Marca.

?I think this will be my last club. My hope is that they?ll give me a long contract, five or six years and I can retire here.?

Bologna: ?Donadoni? Talk to us??
Bologna club manager Marco Di Vaio warns Italy ?can?t take Roberto Donadoni without talking to us?.

The Rossoblu Coach is being linked with a return to the Azzurri, having previously been CT between 2006 and 2008, but his club won?t release him without a fight.

?Everyone is talking about it, but it?s not just a question for us, nor the Coach,? Di Vaio reminded Ilpallonegonfiato.

?We?re pleased that so many want our Coach, as it means we made the right choice, but they can?t take him without asking us anything.

?Our desire is to move forward with Donadoni if he gives us the same signals.?

Gasp: 'No Italy job for now'
Gian Piero Gasperini has no interest in the Italy job ?for now,? but praised Antonio Conte for ?rehabilitating? the Nazionale.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Next Italy coach will be important... We're on schedule to make the WC final #12yearrule

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capello: ?I don?t want Italy?
Fabio Capello distances himself from the Italy post, saying ?I don?t want a national team job? as ?I?d like to train on a daily basis.?

Antonio Conte announced earlier this week that he would be stepping down as Azzurri CT after Euro 2016 and Capello had been named as one of the frontrunners to take over.

However, the former England manager today ruled out his interest in the position in an interview with Rsi.

?I?ve said that I?m in standby but I don?t want to set foot in a national team,? said Capello.

?I?m sorry, I?m proud that I?ve been named but I?d prefer not to train a national team at the moment.

?I?ve already had experience with England and Russia. I would like a team to be able to train on a daily basis.?

no one seems to want the job

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
this is what I think will most likely happen during the euros:

conte plays his 3-5-2, good chance at being dark horses.

if he plays his 4-4-2/4-3-3, I think they're out as soon as they get a good team.
---------------

buffon

barzaglu bonucci chiellini

florenzi verratti motta marchisio bonaventura/ses

eder/insigne zaza/pelle

is their best bet

Last edited:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
:lol: :lol: :lol: ^^

This guy doesnt waste any time does he?

------

First round KO. Thats whats gonna happen. :o

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
GK: Buffon, Perin, Sirigu

D: Acerbi, Antonelli, Astori, Barzagli, Bonucci, Darmian, De Silvestri, Ranocchia

M: Florenzi, Giaccherini, Jorginho, Montolivo, Thiago Motta, Parolo, Soriano, Verratti

F: Bernardeschi, Bonaventura, Candreva, Eder, El Shaarawy, Immobile, Insigne, Pell?, Zaza

he's going for 4-3-3?

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
GK: Buffon, Perin, Sirigu

D: Acerbi, Antonelli, Astori, Barzagli, Bonucci, Darmian, De Silvestri, Ranocchia

M: Florenzi, Giaccherini, Jorginho, Montolivo, Thiago Motta, Parolo, Soriano, Verratti

F: Bernardeschi, Bonaventura, Candreva, Eder, El Shaarawy, Immobile, Insigne, Pell?, Zaza

he's going for 4-3-3?
4-4-2

Buffon ; Darmian , Barzagli , Bonucci , Antonelli ; Candreva , Soriano , Montolivo , El Shaarawy ; Immobile , Zaza

Italitaly :b:

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Barzagli, Bonucci, Acerbi, Astori, Ranocchia, (Chiellini injured)

Romagnoli not gonna make it, can you believe this guy?

lol @ Perin, Astori, De Silvestri, Ranocchia, Jokerini, Soriano, Eder, Immobile

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Italy: Rugani replaces Barzagli
Daniele Rugani has been called-up to the Italy squad to replace Juventus teammate Andrea Barzagli.

Barzagli pulled-out of the squad earlier today, as he?s suffering with a muscular injury, meaning Antonio Conte had a defensive space in his squad.

?Daniele Rugani has been called-up to the national team to replace Barzagli,? the FIGC announced on Twitter.

?He?s expected at Coverciano this evening.?

Rugani had been named in the Under-21 squad, but will now join the senior Azzurri set-up for the friendlies with Spain and Germany.

The 21-year-old has been part of squads before, but is yet to make his senior debut for Italy.

plzz fire him before Euro :fp:

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
enjoy okaka polo :D

giphy-2.gif

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Barzagli, Bonucci, Acerbi, Astori, Ranocchia, (Chiellini injured)

Romagnoli not gonna make it, can you believe this guy?

lol @ Perin, Astori, De Silvestri, Ranocchia, Jokerini, Soriano, Eder, Immobile

astori, soriano and eder deserve to get called up.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Romagnoli needed in the competitive U21 match. This one's just a friendly.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Heard Conte is working on a 343, honestly it'd be the best solution because for Italy considering the lack of quality CF's & a lot of very good wingers + BBC at the back.

1424841_Italy.jpg

With SES, Bonaventura, Jorginho, Darmian etc for depth

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Heard Conte is working on a 343, honestly it'd be the best solution because for Italy considering the lack of quality CF's & a lot of very good wingers + BBC at the back.

1424841_Italy.jpg

that's not a 3-4-3 :D

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
no

What about Rugani and Bernardeschi?

Rugani and Bernardeschi are still auditioning for the senior Euro team I think. While Romagnoli has already convinced Conte. I could be completely wrong here.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rugani and Bernardeschi are still auditioning for the senior Euro team I think. While Romagnoli has already convinced Conte. I could be completely wrong here.

He has never been called up before and you think his spot is secured?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
No I'm probably wrong actually.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score

1424841_Italy.jpg

no milan players :eek:

fuck this shit :o

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Omg Super Mesbah :lol::lol::lol:

He even made a formation and still failed to realize there are 12 players :lol:

Vlad

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

1424841_Italy.jpg

1424888_Alessandria.jpg

Schedule