Gudjohnsen to Barça

ACMCEAR

Con il diavolo insieme
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*KPB*, /THIAGO SILVA\, +PATO+, Nesta, Noce, Super Pippo, Abate, Baresi, MvB
Gudjohnsen Passes Barca Medical Eidur Gudjohnsen has today completed his move to Barcelona after passing his medical this afternoon.

The Icelandic international has left Premiership champions Cheslea for a fee believed to be in the region of £8m.

The 27-year-old has been a key player for Chelsea in the six years he spent at Stamford Bridge since joining from Bolton for £4m. However, the arrivals of Andriy Shevchenko, amongst others, has seen the fans favourite pushed out. However, he will now join European champions Barcelona, where he is seen as Henrik Larsson's replacement.

Source: Goal.com

What do you think of this tranfer....i think that barça will be AGAIN the team to beat if we want to win the UCL. Gudjohnsen is a fair replacement for Larsson.

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
he is even better than larsson, gr8 signin, gd 4 barca, gd 4 gudjohnsen & gd 4 chelsea

fbfb1907

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Weah, Dida, Kaka, Leonardo, Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Alex de Souza, Gennaro Gattuso
good for barca

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
Good signing. I hope I can see more of him at Barca than at Chelsea but probably not.

ilgenio@serbia

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Savicevic, Inzaghi, Weah, Nesta, Henry
He is fair replacement for Larsson but there was no place for him in Chelski so that's the reason why he left.I don't like him very much because i think he's a little bit overrated.But if we want to compete with Barca for UCL we need to buy at least 3 new very good signigns.

Cassius

¤ King Kaka ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Gattuso, Maldini,Dida, Serghino, Seedorf, Robben, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Buffon, Gourcuff
GUDJOHNSEN COMPLETES BARCA SWITCH
Eidur Gudjohnsen set his sights on displacing one of Barcelona's illustrious attacking stars in their starting XI after completing his move to the Nou Camp from Chelsea.

The 27-year-old forward signed a four-year deal with the European and Spanish champions on Wednesday in a deal worth a reported £8.2million.

Henrik Larsson's departure from Barca this summer had left a void up front, which coach Frank Rijkaard was eager to fill before the start of the new season.

Despite the Sweden striker's obvious talent, he was often a substitute for Barcelona, who boast the brilliant attacking trident of Ronaldinho, Samuel Eto'o and Ludovic Giuly.

Along with teenage sensation Lionel Messi, the Catalan side have a wealth of striking talent but Gudjohnsen is ready to force his way into the team.

"I would like to express my happiness at joining one of the most prestigious clubs in the world," he said.

"They are the winners of the Champions League and Spanish league. I was at a big club before and it is always a big challenge to join a new team.

"I now have to win the confidence of the coach and make it difficult for him to leave me out.

"It is a great honour for me and I hope to make the supporters happy."

Gudjohnsen revealed his desire to join Barcelona was inadvertently fuelled by Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho.

Mourinho worked at Barcelona as a translator for then coach Bobby Robson in the 1990s, and as part of the coaching staff when Louis van Gaal took charge.

But it was the former Porto manager's teamtalk before the epic Champions League encounter between Chelsea and Barca last season that made the Iceland international aware of the stature of the Spanish club and its passionate fans.

"I have spoken to Mr Mourinho but this was before my decision to join Barca," added the versatile Gudjohnsen, whose first-team opportunities at Stamford Bridge would have been further limited following the arrival of Michael Ballack and Andriy Shevchenko this summer.

"We had a discussion and we decided it was time to move on after six years.

"At the time, I did not talk about Barca but when we played against them, he did tell us about the passion the people had and he tried to make us understand what it means for the Catalonian people - it is the people's club."

He added: "There were other big clubs interested in me but when Barca show their interest, it is not possible to say no.

"I was at a big team before at Chelsea and everyone needed to be motivated to succeed and I have the same aim here."

source: sportinglife.com

Torcida

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti, Gattuso, Maldini, Ronaldo 9
he is good,but not a world class

Milanista10

FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
good for barca, but larsson is hard to rplace, his setups in the final were what helped barca win.

rossoneroid

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I think that Gudjohnsen is not overrated, he is a good and reliable player and he also willing to have a role as a substitution player. A good & wise pre-season transfer for Barca.

ACMCEAR

Con il diavolo insieme
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*KPB*, /THIAGO SILVA\, +PATO+, Nesta, Noce, Super Pippo, Abate, Baresi, MvB
In fact i think he is kinda underrated, thats why he lost his place in the starting line-up

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
Even at Barca he'll have to fight for his place. Barca has many strikers, Maxi Lopez, Ezquerro, Etoo ...

Vernetti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Michael Laudrup, Sheva, Ronaldinho, Grønkjær, Vicente, Robben
pipa said:
Even at Barca he'll have to fight for his place. Barca has many strikers, Maxi Lopez, Ezquerro, Etoo ...

Maxi Lopes is most likely leaving (at least on loan) and Ezquerro is not really a striker.

Also Gudjohnson can play in a central midfield position as he did for a while at Chelsea with Lampard and Makelele.

ORez

The Red & Black Army
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta
Gudjohnsen would play from the midfield, more like a Ballack role. Holding and playmaking. Strength and pace. He wont get much to strike with Ronnie and Eto'o

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
Vernetti said:
Maxi Lopes is most likely leaving (at least on loan) and Ezquerro is not really a striker.

Also Gudjohnson can play in a central midfield position as he did for a while at Chelsea with Lampard and Makelele.
What's Ezquerro's position ... ? *confused*

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
I think he made right decision, now that sheva is chelsea player, he never would play in 1st team .. :) Good luck in barqa ..

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pipa said:
What's Ezquerro's position ... ? *confused*

He play just like our kaka

balladlover

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
all ACM players + Torres & Gallas
Gudjohnsen isnt a poor player, but not at the same level as Larsson

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I always liked this player. :(

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Wild said:
I always liked this player. :(

Well he aint in Sheva's league...so he wont be a replacement for Sheva...He moved 2 ur 2nd fav club..so dont complain :)

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It Was Impossible To Say No To Barça - Gudjohnsen

Barcelona's latest recruit Eidur Gudjohnsen was visibly delighted at his presentation, and said that he didn't have any difficulty in deciding to move to the Nou Camp.

Gudjohnsen mentioned during his presentation that he had other good offers, but that the choice was simple: "When Barça call you, you cannot say no."

He said he was very happy to be a part of one of most prestigious clubs of the world. "For me, it is an honour to play here," he continued. "I hope that people here are just as happy with my arrival as I am."

He also praised the contribution of Larsson, but was careful not to enter into comparisons. "I know that Larsson has left, and that people will speak of me as his substitute," he said. "But I have my style, and I do not want to constantly be compared with him."

He admitted that after six years at Chelsea, he needed a change, and that Mourinho understood completely.

"We never spoke about me coming to Barcelona, but in more general terms," he said of his conversations with Mourinho. "However, whenever Mourinho spoke about the club - for example, before the Champions League clash - he did so with a lot of passion, telling us what the club means for Catalunya, and the pride associated."

The Iceland international was also happy to fight for a position in the starting eleven, and not overawed by names such as Ronaldinho, Messi, Eto'o and Giuly.

"I have already played in a club like Chelsea, where there is a lot of competition. For me, being chosen in the first eleven is a challenge, but a team is not about eleven people, but fifty. From the president to the physiotherapist, we all have the same objective."

But the 27 year old, who signed for four years, with a release clause of 60 million Euros, vowed "to work hard and make team selection difficult for Rijkaard."

goal.com

Maybe now TORRES will say " YOU CAN'T SAY NO TOO MILAN

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Shevchenko, Nesta, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo
so are u trying to say that sheva said" YOU CANT SAY NO TOO KRISTEN"

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Nice signature Demerio. ;)

Possibly a worldwide household name in a few weeks.

As for the Icelandic striker....it will be easy for him to look good with this side considering everyone else on the team. Also an adequate replacement for Henrik.