Inter - Milan 05/02/2023 20:45 CET

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
From what i have readed, Pioli will wait for Inter to squeeze us, and than use a 3 man midfield to throw the ball to Leão.
Too little, too predictable.

pippofan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivera, Altafini, Maldini, Nesta, Baresi, Prati, Van Basten, Kaka`, Albertini, Gullit
I wouldn't start Calabria because he's too slow and Di Marco would eat him alive, but go with a 3-5-2 with Salad as right wingback. Pioli has to show some courage because going with the same players, even with a different formation, is suicidal.
My line-up would be:
Tata, Kalulu, Kjaer, Thiaw, Salad, Tonali, Vranckx, Krunic, Theo, Giroud, Leao.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Play Calabria in midfield and Kalulu at RB.

Calabria has deputised well in the midfield and is certainly better than either Pobega or Krunic there.

I know folks have this thing for Krunic, but the dude has sucked everytime he has been played in the midfield. His best games for us has been at CAM or in the wings.

But lets see if Pioli has any balls to do anything different other than a standard formation change.

BillyTheKid

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I wouldn't start Calabria because he's too slow and Di Marco would eat him alive, but go with a 3-5-2 with Salad as right wingback. Pioli has to show some courage because going with the same players, even with a different formation, is suicidal.
My line-up would be:
Tata, Kalulu, Kjaer, Thiaw, Salad, Tonali, Vranckx, Krunic, Theo, Giroud, Leao.
Speaking of courage, yet suggesting a lineup with minimal attacking force.

Sent from my XQ-CQ54 using Tapatalk

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bad moment for us, but its a great chance to turn the tide if we win this

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We gonna face them with one striker and a weaker midfield than the usual?

They play with wingers, and our couch bravely takes off our supporting striker and inserts one man more to mark the center field.

Just mirror them Pioli, and atleast try to make difficult to them.
We technically are mirroring them exactly with a 433.

3cbs to 3 forwards.

3 central midfielder to 3 central midfielders.

2 wingbacks to 2 fullbacks

2 cfs to 2 cbs.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If I was Pioli I’d play a false nine 433, with Leao, CDK and Origi up front. Run at their Defence instead of play crosses to Giroud which is what they want us to do.

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
He will play as close to the same team as last time

He won't change anything

So

Let's hope for a Leao performance

Thats as always our only way to win

Giroud useless for 80 mins and gets a goal plus make 20 flicks to no one

Zero output from right side

Subs in too late
Team lose shape
No hope

This will be Pioli's tactics

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If a mid of 3 with Bennacer out than it should be

Pobega-Vranckx-Tonali

imo.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso

Inter-Milan, ballot in midfield: a place for one between Messias, Vranckx and Pobega​

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Tomorrow we start the rest of the season :b:

actrader10

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Pioli only has himself to blame for being in this position.
1) dubai was a holiday not a training retreat
2) zero ideas, zero integration, using messias as a midfielder shows the complete shit show of the new midfielders. Basically he says MM RECRUITMENT HAS BEEN AWFUL. If we lose, he should be fired that evening.
3) why is Tata still playing? Does he not see what we see what everyone in the world sees?
4) tomori and bennacer injured. If you knew they had issues why didn't you use the rest of the squad ffs?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Stefano De Grandis spoke about the possibility of seeing Messias from midfield in Milan's 4-3-3 formation in the derby. These are his statements to Sky Sport 24: “Messias has already played in that position in Crotone, but being a midfielder in a 3-5-2 formation is one thing, in which you are a midfielder who throws himself inside, and therefore the players become two and a half, but if you do it in a 4-3-3 the offensive players become four. In my opinion, the substance doesn't change so much if the question is to move to a 3-point median to cover the defense: either Pobega's physique is needed, who is not strictly a matchmaker, or you try Vranckx and give him playing time. The Messias hypothesis may exist to give quality to the midfield, he certainly has a more refined foot, but if the idea is to cover the defense then I don't imagine Messias so much ".

Schedule