Inter - Milan 05/02/2023 20:45 CET

actrader10

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Tell me who comes in then and at this point in the season? I personally would hang on in til end of season if we can and go for someone like De Zerbi
Thats not my job. That is MM job. They haven't been doing their job this season. Non of their new buys were playing tonight from the beginning even though we had injury problems. Thats a big fuck you from pioli to them. If you dont think there are issues in the club you must be naive. MM need to do something. Pioli has said he has no regrets. This guy is off his face and he has totally demoralised the whole fan base and players. You can see that from the players before during and after the game.

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Thats not my job. That is MM job. They haven't been doing their job this season. Non of their new buys were playing tonight from the beginning even though we had injury problems. Thats a big fuck you from pioli to them. If you dont think there are issues in the club you must be naive. MM need to do something. Pioli has said he has no regrets. This guy is off his face and he has totally demoralised the whole fan base and players. You can see that from the players before during and after the game.
I get that but what can we really do if Gerry won’t allow us to spend money? That’s the bigger picture here

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan conceded a lot of goals because of the high pressure system and through corners and fouls, tonight Milan conceded only from a corner.
that is a problem that should be fixed soon then Milan should start thinking of creating chances.
why is Milan suffering? look at your best players, they aren't doing anything and i can't blame them because the system failed them
you can pick on any player you hate but compare them to the stars and there is no difference
Leao not starting was because it wasn't his game, he likes to get the ball then run with it
in this game Milan was playing long balls, doesn't suit Leao
last game Pioli wanted Rebic to support Theo which is something Leao can't do
it would've been better if he used Leao behind Origi instead of Origi behind Giroud who is useless outside the box but that is not something i would expect from Pioli
i have been talking about the high pressure system from last season and how it caused Milan to lose games after taking the lead like against Sassulo in San Siro, too bad it took him a year and a couple of month to understand
however lets wait for next game, maybe this was temporary and he will go back to high pressure system giving the opponents all the space they need easily.
I don't mind that Pioli sticks to his high pressure system overall. That's his style and you cannot coach long term in style that is different from your own, it makes sense to be pragmatic during phases but not to pretend to have a different philosophy.

Giroud probably started to also help out with corners since he is one of the best in the air.

actrader10

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I get that but what can we really do if Gerry won’t allow us to spend money? That’s the bigger picture here
Say its the case. Come out and do something. The season has fallen apart. And it will get worse. I cannot see us winning any games soon. And spurs will destroy us. It will be global humiliation

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Say its the case. Come out and do something. The season has fallen apart. And it will get worse. I cannot see us winning any games soon. And spurs will destroy us. It will be global humiliation
But maybe the fact it’s a different competition might just help us? I mean surely these guys will be fired up for CL in a way they wouldn’t normally be?

finnishhacker

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Stefano Pioli commented on Dazn's microphones on the 1-0 defeat against Inter in the derby, the fourth in a row in all competitions, the third in the league. These are the words of the Milan coach after the match.

Surprised by the performance?

"Clearly we wanted to be more compact and we waited longer for our opponents. We conceded something and defended badly. We had to dribble more: badly because we had the chance and we were often outnumbered. We didn't improve our center of gravity in the first half. We played a difficult game. We found ourselves unprepared on dead balls once again. In the second half we did better offensively"

How complicated was it to switch modules?

"It wasn't complicated. Even the lads worked with the right conviction during the week. Clearly we haven't been compact and solid in defense lately. We believed that these were the right positions to face Inter. Our mistake it was not being able to dribble and move the ball and this forced us to play a lot of defense in the first half"

Have you given up your creed?

"I think that as a coach the situation is clear: if we had played our football we would have gone into difficulty. Now we don't have those distances and solidity that we had before. We have to do many things better but we have found more density and solidity but we can't give up er be more offensive and aggressive. We will try to be more open-minded"

What must Leao do to become a starter again?

"Leao has enormous potential. The choice to play with two closer strikers was to put Inter's defense in difficulty. Leao has to stay active throughout the game and he's a player we bet on a lot. The choices I've made are the best for what I saw during the week: Leao doesn't have the characteristics of two vertically close strikers".

What happened?

"The negative matches have robbed us of our confidence and conviction as it is normal: we are not yet such a mature team, with some absences and others not at their best. We need to start again from tonight even if it is a defeat in the derby and that it hurts morally. But tonight we found solidity and determination that can help us get back to our levels"

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
Stefano Pioli commented on Dazn's microphones on the 1-0 defeat against Inter in the derby, the fourth in a row in all competitions, the third in the league. These are the words of the Milan coach after the match.

"Clearly we wanted to be more compact and we waited longer for our opponents. We conceded something and defended badly. We had to dribble more: badly because we had the chance and we were often outnumbered. We didn't improve our center of gravity in the first half. We played a difficult game. We found ourselves unprepared on dead balls once again. In the second half we did better offensively"

"It wasn't complicated. Even the lads worked with the right conviction during the week. Clearly we haven't been compact and solid in defense lately. We believed that these were the right positions to face Inter. Our mistake it was not being able to dribble and move the ball and this forced us to play a lot of defense in the first half"

"I think that as a coach the situation is clear: if we had played our football we would have gone into difficulty. Now we don't have those distances and solidity that we had before. We have to do many things better but we have found more density and solidity but we can't give up er be more offensive and aggressive. We will try to be more open-minded"

"Leao has enormous potential. The choice to play with two closer strikers was to put Inter's defense in difficulty. Leao has to stay active throughout the game and he's a player we bet on a lot. The choices I've made are the best for what I saw during the week: Leao doesn't have the characteristics of two vertically close strikers".

What happened?

"The negative matches have robbed us of our confidence and conviction as it is normal: we are not yet such a mature team, with some absences and others not at their best. We need to start again from tonight even if it is a defeat in the derby and that it hurts morally. But tonight we found solidity and determination that can help us get back to our levels"

Get him out of my club

IL Maestro

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Seedorf, Ali Sully Muntari, Massimo Ambrosini
I find it hard to believe in a coach with only one way to go, Milan could have won a big number of games that was lost only because of the high pressure system
it is a young team, first thing to do is to protect them from losing so they don't act the way they are doing right now, passing to players who don't exist and making very stupid mistakes
they are doing a lot worse than they could only because they conceded too many goals
first goal Lazio scored, 4 Lazio players against 3 Milan defenders in it is not even 4 minutes in yet
first Sassulo goal Berardi all alone no Theo and no one covering for him
about Giroud, it is a good point but still the goal came from a corner
players should mark tightly, Sassulo 3rd goal was from a corner Berardi between Tonali and Giroud and there was only another player there marked by Theo.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe in a coach with only one way to go, Milan could have won a big number of games that was lost only because of the high pressure system
it is a young team, first thing to do is to protect them from losing so they don't act the way they are doing right now, passing to players who don't exist and making very stupid mistakes
they are doing a lot worse than they could only because they conceded too many goals
first goal Lazio scored, 4 Lazio players against 3 Milan defenders in it is not even 4 minutes in yet
first Sassulo goal Berardi all alone no Theo and no one covering for him
about Giroud, it is a good point but still the goal came from a corner
players should mark tightly, Sassulo 3rd goal was from a corner Berardi between Tonali and Giroud and there was only another player there marked by Theo.
All these things you listed are to be blamed on Tata.

The reason why we allow our opponents to win so many headers on set pieces is because Tata doesn’t inspire confidence in our defense :o

SecondStar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Pioli: “If we had played our football we would have been in even more difficulty. You have to live in moments. We wanted to have a more compact defensive stance. Leao? He's a player we bet a lot on.”

I respect the pragmatism but not the mentality. There’s a difference between sacrificing your preferred style in order to get a result and giving up hope altogether. Shameful mentality. Uomo di merda.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Why should I be banned? Because you’re living in 2003 I should be banned? Go lick the Maldini poster on your wall you manchild. I’m telling you the cold, hard truth. Maldini is NOT good at his job. He’s incompetent. He’s partly responsible for this situation.

I should be banned for not loving Maldini more than my beloved club? Fuck you and fuck Paul and fuck your vintage profile picture you twat
Beta behaviour

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score

What happened?

As expected he thinks Leao can’t play SS

Complete moron

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You also saw how its the same near post corner that Sass scored

We really look hopelessly clueless - like nobody in our coaching setup or veterans understand how teams are attacking us and decide to stop it. Kjaer and Giroud let Lautaro get that header off cleanly.
I really wonder what’s actually happening in training. Pioli keeps emphasizing effort. More effort. Effort doing what? The same stupid shit? Maldini needs to at least revamp the medical/fitness prep and set piece coaching. If Pioli demands that they stay or he leaves, that’s an easy choice. Something has to change.

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
I really wonder what’s actually happening in training. Pioli keeps emphasizing effort. More effort. Effort doing what? The same stupid shit? Maldini needs to at least revamp the medical/fitness prep and set piece coaching. If Pioli demands that they stay or he leaves, that’s an easy choice. Something has to change.
Yesterday’s game showed me that Pioli has no clue how to get out of this situation (past precedence indicates that we shouldn’t be surprised)

The tactics, lineup, and approach were horrific. He’s playing relegation team tactics

Not only that, most young players are getting frozen out too

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
People saying that our team sucks are doing Pioli a huge favor.
It's impossible for a title winning team to become this bad this quickly.
We are on a 4 match lose streak.
We were 2nd in the league before the World Cup.

It's 101% on Pioli.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
we play like shit. cant defend, cant pass, cant attack. 💆‍♂️
An average coach would react to a crisis by falling back to the players comfort zone - familiar system and familiar roles.

Pioli plays a formation we never played before with the players that never played it.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
If someone had offered me a 0-1 defeat in the derby before the match, I would've taken it. The first half was pitiful, we were totally dominated and couldn't do a thing against Inter. We got better after the introduction of Diaz and Leao. Messias was a failure, Origi didn't do much and Cala was a real disappointment. Tatarusanu had suddenly become a much better shot-stopper to my shock, but our defending on set-pieces is still substandard. There was a real vibe of optimism running through the team after Leao came on and started to create things down the left wing along with Theo, and If Giroud had converted his chance, the momentum may have shifted. I don't think we'd have been able to win though. We're still far too brittle for that.

I think Pioli did the right thing in dropping Leao. This season he's not been the player he was last year and I get the feeling he's been taking his place for granted. He's not been out worst performer but I think it would send an effective message to the squad that if last year's MVP can be dropped for non-performance, then so can they. I don't think he would've been as effective yesterday if he'd started the match, and the same goes for Diaz.

IL Maestro

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All these things you listed are to be blamed on Tata.

The reason why we allow our opponents to win so many headers on set pieces is because Tata doesn’t inspire confidence in our defense :o
He is not supposed to inspire confidence, he is a backup player for a key player so he is not supposed to play this much maybe only 10 games every season including the cup
just like Theo and Leao as key players, just like Benzima and Courtois in Real Madrid
if he was better, why would he accept the bench?
against Roma there was nothing to cause trouble to confidence, Tonali left Ibanez in the first goal and ran away from Matic who headed it first and Tata saved it then Abraham scored the second goal while Kalulu was watching
Kalulu started doing weird mistakes before the world cup, he kept on failing to control his ball and giving it to the opponents i think against Cremonise then Fiorentina and he picked up where he left after the break
back up players for key players would always suck, because they don't get much chance to play so Leao's back up would only start 8-10 games in the season
but Giroud or Calabria or Tonai would be involved in rotation so their back up would be in a better shape
signing a very good player in Theo's position or Leao's position or Manian's position would be a waste.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He is not supposed to inspire confidence, he is a backup player for a key player so he is not supposed to play this much maybe only 10 games every season including the cup
just like Theo and Leao as key players, just like Benzima and Courtois in Real Madrid
if he was better, why would he accept the bench?
against Roma there was nothing to cause trouble to confidence, Tonali left Ibanez in the first goal and ran away from Matic who headed it first and Tata saved it then Abraham scored the second goal while Kalulu was watching
Kalulu started doing weird mistakes before the world cup, he kept on failing to control his ball and giving it to the opponents i think against Cremonise then Fiorentina and he picked up where he left after the break
back up players for key players would always suck, because they don't get much chance to play so Leao's back up would only start 8-10 games in the season
but Giroud or Calabria or Tonai would be involved in rotation so their back up would be in a better shape
signing a very good player in Theo's position or Leao's position or Manian's position would be a waste.
Sorry bro, I was being facetious, I agree with what you are saying.

People like to blame everything on Tata and I’m just poking fun at them

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
If someone had offered me a 0-1 defeat in the derby before the match, I would've taken it. The first half was pitiful, we were totally dominated and couldn't do a thing against Inter. We got better after the introduction of Diaz and Leao. Messias was a failure, Origi didn't do much and Cala was a real disappointment. Tatarusanu had suddenly become a much better shot-stopper to my shock, but our defending on set-pieces is still substandard. There was a real vibe of optimism running through the team after Leao came on and started to create things down the left wing along with Theo, and If Giroud had converted his chance, the momentum may have shifted. I don't think we'd have been able to win though. We're still far too brittle for that.

I think Pioli did the right thing in dropping Leao. This season he's not been the player he was last year and I get the feeling he's been taking his place for granted. He's not been out worst performer but I think it would send an effective message to the squad that if last year's MVP can be dropped for non-performance, then so can they. I don't think he would've been as effective yesterday if he'd started the match, and the same goes for Diaz.
5 shots on target against Sassuolo
3 shots on target against Lazio
3 shots on target against Inter (coppa)

ZERO on target in this game (out of only 4 shots).

Yeah sure, we conceded less. Usually happens when you play like a relegation team defending for your life.

But this definitely wasnt an improvement. If Pioli can only do one or the other (attack or defend), bearing in mind there is only marginal improvement on the opposite when he focuses on one aspect, whata the point of keeping him them?

A primevera level coach could do the same job.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
5 shots on target against Sassuolo
3 shots on target against Lazio
3 shots on target against Inter (coppa)

ZERO on target in this game (out of only 4 shots).

Yeah sure, we conceded less. Usually happens when you play like a relegation team defending for your life.

But this definitely wasnt an improvement. If Pioli can only do one or the other (attack or defend), bearing in mind there is only marginal improvement on the opposite when he focuses on one aspect, whata the point of keeping him them?

A primevera level coach could do the same job.
Not really, because being able to defend would require us to have defensive schemes to not allow so many open headers and chances off of set pieces.

So Pioli really can’t even grind out an ugly 0-0 if he tried, considering the amount of chances we give up on set pieces (they only scored one, but look back at other chances)

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Not really, because being able to defend would require us to have defensive schemes to not allow so many open headers and chances off of set pieces.

So Pioli really can’t even grind out an ugly 0-0 if he tried, considering the amount of chances we give up on set pieces (they only scored one, but look back at other chances)
I was being generous

IL Maestro

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sorry bro, I was being facetious, I agree with what you are saying.

People like to blame everything on Tata and I’m just poking fun at them
Obviously fans are angry because of the results and they would like to find someone to blame even if it wasn't his fault
like Calabria, how was he worse than Theo lately?
Krunic and Messias, how are they worse than Tonali?
Giroud is being slaughtered for missing one chance, why should he be the one always to give his best when everybody else is shaking and making stupid mistakes?
Leao has been blamed for not giving the same performance every time, but does he find the space he needs? same goes to Messias who is not anywhere near as good as Leao but he needs space to score and he isn't getting any
last convincing and solid performance was the beginning of last season when Pioli was forced to play Rebic as a striker, he created a lot space for his mates
once he got injured, Milan started going backwards because Giroud rarely moves and Ibra never does so no space and no passing the ball forward
Milan against Roma scored from a corner then a counter attack, against Juve exactly the same, last season against Inter equalized from a corner they scored themselves and Rebic equalized against Juve from a corner also
so it is either a corner or pure magic by one of the players, been like that for a while now but winning covered the trouble for long.

Schedule