London

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
TRIP to LONDON

LONDONERS... I need your help :D

I'll be in London next week + would appreciate tips on nightlife/bars/clubs + shopping + stuff. Also public transportation. How easy/hard is it to get to the Emirates Stadium, Arsenal training complex (Shenley) + Chelsea training complex (Cobham). If it helps, I'll be in the Holland Park area. I'm clueless, have only been in London once on a 3-day school trip years ago + haven't seen more than the standard tourist stuff.

Thanks much.

Last edited:

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
Why don't you ask Didier? :tongue:

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
I've only been to London a few times myself, but Oxford street is Ok for shopping, depending what you want obviously. Plents of shops and shit down there, you should finddw what you want. There are buses you can get to pretty much anywhere from anywhere in my experience, and they run pretty regular.

I've never used the underground, so cant tell you about that.

It's been a couple of years since I've been so not sure price wise on the buses, used to be £1 as far as you want each time you use one i think.

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
On topic I had a 'priviledge' to watch MTV the other day so is London nowadays same as pussy?

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
1. Oxford street ( nice shopping place.. )
2. Tantra club ;) (dont miss it)..
3. London eye..
4. Madame tussauds ( if you want a picture with any star )

Last edited:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Besi said:
1. Oxford street ( nice shopping place.. )
2. Tantra club ;) (dont miss it)..
3. London eye..
4. Madame tussauds ( if you want a picture with any star )
Not into the Madame Tussaud thing AT ALL.

What's Tantra club like ? Am I VIP enough ? :D As I said, I have no idea what the happening places are.

unrossonero

vüsa minga!
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
If it helps, I'll be in the Holland Park area.
that's nice: around the corner with the Nottinghill area, which should still offer some fancy clubs + restaurants
you will also be close to the nicest side (imho) of Hyde Park ... the little swan lake on a sunny morning is a must-see, if you like romantic nature :tongue:

I am not aware of the Emirates Stadium ... Stanford Bridge, Chelsea's old facility, is in 'your' area (mid Fulham rd.) too

Have fun :)

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
unrossonero said:
that's nice: around the corner with the Nottinghill area, which should still offer some fancy clubs + restaurants
you will also be close to the nicest side (imho) of Hyde Park ... the little swan lake on a sunny morning is a must-see, if you like romantic nature :tongue:

I am not aware of the Emirates Stadium ... Stanford Bridge, Chelsea's old facility, is in 'your' area (mid Fulham rd.) too

Have fun :)
Thanks ;) Oh I love romantic nature, but I guess we've picked the wrong season for watching the swans @ Lil Swan Lake :D Yea, Notting Hill is just across the street, sort of. As for Emirates Stadium, I wanted to do a tour AND go to see Brazil-Portugal, but I stupidly assumed the match wouldn't sell out that quickly :rolleyes:

@ BMW, thanks, I'm a frequent visitor on that site but felt I needed to narrow things down a little.

unrossonero

vüsa minga!
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
Thanks ;) Oh I love romantic nature, but I guess we've picked the wrong season for watching the swans @ Lil Swan Lake
you will be surprised! ;) ... and, since we're at it, don't miss feeding squirrels in St. James's Park or helping Mrs. Duck + her ducklings cross Birdcage Walk :tongue:

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
The Emirates is way to the North, you'd be better going to Stamford Bridge or the Craven Cottage, they are in the much closer and nicer West End.

Best think I did the last time I was there was go to the Tate Modern on the South Bank, the opposite side of the river from St Paul's. Its a modern art gallery that is housed in an old power station, the converstion was done by Herzog + De Mueron Architects, its a fantastic building and the exhibits are emmm, unique.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I know *where* Emirates stadium is, transport is the problem but I think I'm kinda getting the hang of the Tube network... theoretically at least... LOL.

Visiting Tate Modern is on my to-do list.

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
My best friend lives in Islington, i'll ask him when I speak to him tonight what line he uses to get to and from the centre. The tube is good though, even though its one of the biggest underground networks in the world, its still the easiest i've used.

Just don't try and jump a ticket barrier, the Old Bill are way too trigger happy these days. :head:

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
I asked my friend about the tube, he says Arsenal have a tube station of their own, called Arsenal. Its on the blue line to Cockfosters. You can get on that line from the centre like Hyde Park Corner or Piccadilly. But from where you are staying you could get on the Red line and change at Holborn to get on that line. The station will infact take you to Highbury, but the Emirates is just down the road, about a half mile or so.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
^^^ Central line to Holborn + Piccadilly Line to Arsenal. Easy. It's just that I don't particularly like the subway.

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
^^^ Central line to Holborn + Piccadilly Line to Arsenal. Easy. It's just that I don't particularly like the subway.
Well i'm sure you can bus it, but I don't know which numbers, times and how many changes you would need.

I guess if your feeling flush you could get a cabbie to take you, that would give you a genuine London experience if nothing else.

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
You really shouldn't worry about the Tube, it's one of the easiest underground systems to get around in. If you're in doubt, the staff at the stations are usually very helpful, or you can just consult the map. The buses are a much "nicer" way of getting around, because you get to see a lot more, but I wouldn't recommend it because you can easily get lost that way.

Things to do... well, you HAVE to go to the London eye. It's a tad pricey (£12 per person) but you won't regret it. If you get one of those fancy travelcards we have now (Oyster card), and travel to the Eye using it, you can get two tickets for the price of one.

Maddame Tussauds is a good attraction but it's way overpriced at £24 per person. Not worth that money.

If you're going to Tate Modern, make sure you go in the morning and get a ticket for the massive slides they have at the moment. Well worth the money... well, it's free :D Don't bother going in the afternoon because the waiting times are too long.

As for the shopping, you really can't go wrong with Oxford Street. If you're looking for something a bit closer to where you're staying, there's the Whiteley's Shopping Centre in Bayswater.

I'm not too clued up on bars and nightclubs, but I'd avoid Leicester Sq unless you particularly enjoy the company of drunken yobbos. There is a boat I would strongly recommend, it's called Queen Mary and it's just on the Embankment, next to the Waterloo bridge. It's a bar/restaurant on one side, and a night club on the other. Great place.

Apart from that, don't worry about it, you'll be fine. Enjoy your stay.

Oh, and Arsenal tube station is where the old ground is ;)

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I've only just realised you're already gone :D Well, that was a well timed post!

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
If you read the forum and you are still there.. go to "Harrods" for shopping..

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
The weather is so bad !

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
* Don't eat any Turkey, but the Beef, Lamb and Pork is fine now. ;)

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Nah, do go. 1 in every 100 pounds spent there goes to Fulham. :devilfuc:

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Gila#11. said:
If you have 1,000 £ + then yea go there.

I had more , but I didnt spent anything .. LOL

Schedule