Lucas Paquetá Thread

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
He seems so confident even with trying that flick. He messed up but at least he isn't shying away from attempting these kind of things.

nanook

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
IjCPgSc.gif

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Another great attribute is his physicality. Thanks to that and his balance he appears to be someone who's really far from getting pushed around. A great and pretty rare quality when coupled with great technique.

It's still too early for definite verdicts but if there's something undesirable in his play so far it's some tendencies to hold the ball too long but in all honesty I think that rather than a sign of bad decision making it's just a consequence of him not yet 100% intuitively knowing how to continue the play as Serie A is a lot different from the Brazilian league.

And frankly it's just so refreshing to finally have someone confident enough with his feet to be able to do that that I don't even mind the slightest today.

How long we've been waiting for that.

It's also evident that he knows how to find spaces from which he could likely produce some magic. Unfortunately the rest of the squad aren't yet confident enough to pass him the ball in those situations as there hasn't been anyone who wouldn't risk losing the ball in those situations before.

Last edited:

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What a player. Keep doing that tricks, who cares if they fail sometimes. We deserve this after so many years of frustration.

Btw i like his long passes from the midfield to attack, like that one to Borini that almost ended up in

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
I dunno why but i get a feeling we've found our next iconic player (think sheva, kaka) here....

i know its early days but he has everything a modern midfielder needs...and much more. its just about figuring out where he fits...

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
I dunno why but i get a feeling we've found our next iconic player (think sheva, kaka) here....

i know its early days but he has everything a modern midfielder needs...and much more. its just about figuring out where he fits...

I get the same feeling, I think he’s going to be a massive hit.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score

Usually I dislike such sillyness... but like Buske said, we (other fans than me :D) deserve this after all these years.

I don't think he's been so good in his games (but that's understandable since he's out of shape, the team is shit and adaptation to league and teammates is needed), but what's clear to see is that he's exactly the type of player we need.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Usually I dislike such sillyness... but like Buske said, we (other fans than me :D) deserve this after all these years.

I don't think he's been so good in his games (but that's understandable since he's out of shape, the team is shit and adaptation to league and teammates is needed), but what's clear to see is that he's exactly the type of player we need.

IMO, he has been good. Not GREAT but good enough. His best quality is that he does not hold the ball forever. Most of the time he takes one touch and passes the ball. It makes our attack more fluid.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
some of the balls he plays, haven't seen this shit from a midfielder since ancelotti's milan.

this dude would be a beast with a proper coach, too bad he's attending grintics community college.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
some of the balls he plays, haven't seen this shit from a midfielder since ancelotti's milan.

this dude would be a beast with a proper coach, too bad he's attending grintics community college.

He would be very good under Sarri. A Hamsik type of player under him.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score

Yeah, the passing is what impresses me. Got a lot to do with his awareness as well.

This Gattuso thing is getting old. You're like the Vulturesheva of mods.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, the passing is what impresses me. Got a lot to do with his awareness as well.

This Gattuso thing is getting old. You're like the Vulturesheva of mods.

bro, there are people asking for de zebi for coach, forza gattuso uno di noi

also, call me vulturesheva of anything one more time and you'll have to send location.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
bro, there are people asking for de zebi for coach, forza gattuso uno di noi

also, call me vulturesheva of anything one more time and you'll have to send location.

:lol::lol:

well you guys go on about Gattuso like he does with Suso.

Coach situation is what it is, I think we're waiting for the right moment to sack him. Right moment includes the right coach (aka not de zerbi) being available and our team getting too far away from a chance for the CL spot, which was the goal for this season. We're in 4th spot with midway through the season... the fact that we look like complete horseshit out there is another thing.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
:lol::lol:

well you guys go on about Gattuso like he does with Suso.

Coach situation is what it is, I think we're waiting for the right moment to sack him. Right moment includes the right coach (aka not de zerbi) being available and our team getting too far away from a chance for the CL spot, which was the goal for this season. We're in 4th spot with midway through the season... the fact that we look like complete horseshit out there is another thing.

I like throwing shots here and there but deep inside I love rino and would love nothing more for him to shut me up and start getting milan to play football.

or just hire an assistant coach to be the attack coordinator, and if you already have one, sack that dumb sob.

buvac left liverpool, he was klopp's right hand man and is behind a lot of the beautiful attacking style you saw from klopp teams, hire him please.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Say what you want but up until Biglia's injuries there have been quite a few games where Rino got us playing some great football

Despite seemingly not contributing that much for some, we've lost a lot of fluidity and a key man in build up. Took a while to adapt, get Baka (re-)accustomed to actually playing football and then other injuries hit

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rino seems actually great at improving players on an individual level, if anything it will be a great help for Paqueta to start his Serie A career under him.

I hope that Rino can become an Allegri like manager in the future = amazing in defense, solid in offense. He will probably always be someone who needs a certain level of talent in attack and it showed at the hight of our injury crisis.

When talking about assistant coaches let's hire a set piece coach or get a new one, many teams have an expert for that nowadays and this actually doesn't mess with the coaches authority.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rino seems actually great at improving players on an individual level, if anything it will be a great help for Paqueta to start his Serie A career under him.

I hope that Rino can become an Allegri like manager in the future = amazing in defense, solid in offense. He will probably always be someone who needs a certain level of talent in attack and it showed at the hight of our injury crisis.

When talking about assistant coaches let's hire a set piece coach or get a new one, many teams have an expert for that nowadays and this actually doesn't mess with the coaches authority.

Allegri? Allegri has/had the best squad in Italy for years. I will wait for Rino if he stays more than this season. Just remember Hakan got better under Rino last season and so far this season he has been decent at best.
The ones that have improved the most are Calabria and Bakayoko. I just hope that Conti improves more because he is the one with the highest ceiling and that Bakayoko improves his weaknesses which so far every time I mention one, he improves it.

IMO, if Gattuso can do with the squad like Sarri did with Koulibaly and Napoli then he is one coach that improves his players.

Last edited:

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
I like throwing shots here and there but deep inside I love rino and would love nothing more for him to shut me up and start getting milan to play football.

Grande sage

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic

grintusso's training includes: throwing bricks at paqueta's knees to increase strength and toughness. this is followed by pitbull in the middle possession drills and then finishing up with a session of breaking 2x4s on the players heads

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
grintusso's training includes: throwing bricks at paqueta's knees to increase strength and toughness. this is followed by pitbull in the middle possession drills and then finishing up with a session of breaking 2x4s on the players heads

sauce?

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
I wonder if the comments here would've been the same if that situation led to a goal and a loss...

hmmm

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Say what you want but up until Biglia's injuries there have been quite a few games where Rino got us playing some great football

Despite seemingly not contributing that much for some, we've lost a lot of fluidity and a key man in build up. Took a while to adapt, get Baka (re-)accustomed to actually playing football and then other injuries hit

:thumbsup:

Biglia and Jack picking up a loingtime injury and Hakans and Higuains dump in form all happening at the same time killed what many experts deemed as one of the most entertaining football style in Serie A at the beginning of the season.

To me it's a miracle that we are there at 4th place despite that injury crisis and lots of silly ref calls. There's a lot that went against us. Gattuso never complained. He's a good one and deserves every chance to proof his worth. I mean we're 4th in the leage although we played 80% of the season with our b-team. Let that sink in.

I wonder if the comments here would've been the same if that situation led to a goal and a loss...

hmmm

It'd be 50% on him and 50% on Conti tho. Slap-stick-missunderstanding.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
:thumbsup:

Biglia and Jack picking up a loingtime injury and Hakans and Higuains dump in form all happening at the same time killed what many experts deemed as one of the most entertaining football style in Serie A at the beginning of the season.

To me it's a miracle that we are there at 4th place despite that injury crisis and lots of silly ref calls. There's a lot that went against us. Gattuso never complained. He's a good one and deserves every chance to proof his worth. I mean we're 4th in the leage although we played 80% of the season with our b-team. Let that sink in.

Completely agree. Those two injuries, while not the two best players in the world, hurt us. Then we had more injuries on top, poor form of Bakayoko to begin with, Hakan and Piggy being shit as you said. Several other players a la Kessie, Samu, Laxalt who had to play out of form.

Honestly think we'd be third, challenging Napoli for 2nd, if not for those injuries. The December period where we dropped points sucked but shows if we'd taken the expected points how good our standing really would be.

I remember the Napoli game (before Biglia sub) and Roma game at the start of the season, we played such nice to watch football.

Schedule