Lucas Paquetá Thread

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
To be fair to him he was played out of position. He couldn't have done worse than Hakan playing down the centre.

But the worrying thing is the fact that he looks gassed out from minute 1. Starting to lose hope...

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
out of position and it was versus the best team in serie a (maybe after atalanta)

even hakan and ibra looked clueless from time to time

Last edited:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
To be fair to him he was played out of position. He couldn't have done worse than Hakan playing down the centre.

But the worrying thing is the fact that he looks gassed out from minute 1. Starting to lose hope...

you don't need to play in position to have a good first touch and not to lose the ball everytime

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
But the potential...

He is from brasil so he must be good.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Damn he has truly lost it all. He has no future here unfortunately. Sell him asap while he still has some value

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
confidence issue I feel. You would be surprised how much a confidence boost can help an individual, especially a pro athlete.

Either way, I don't know what to think of this boy. He has been very poor.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
how much money we spent?? 35-38?
add piatek :fp:
leo great SD.

both looked as great deals initially and per their performance in the first 6 months

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
both looked as great deals initially and per their performance in the first 6 months

Piatek? Sure. Even a bargain.

Paqueta was a very welcomed addition because we finally had someone to replace an injured Bona.
The expectations were also low because he had just arrived to a new team, new league, new country, new continent from a full season in the Brazilian league. Excuses were made for his pace, stamina and passing tempo issues, which 19 months later hasn't improved one bit.

Still he was alright in his first games, filling Bona's void, allowing Rino to move Hakan back to the attack and he even scored a goal, which is his first and only goal in the Milan shirt.
However the shitshow began way before Giampaolo. People seem to have forgotten how useless he was for Rino after February.
He missed a few games due to an injury, but even more games due to suspensions. The team broke out of the slump and finished the season on a high without him.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score

i remember well piatek goals against napoli in coppa that give us some boost
and even more important 2 goals (magic one especially) vs atalanta that keep us mentally in the run for top4 till the end

point is we are wasting money on the players and next year we are in position where we look for next because previous were not good enough - we just wasting so much time on attack department and each time looks like we are in same year zero position.
same goes to rcb...

Last edited:

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Piatek was a good buy.
- He just believed he arrived when he put the 9 on and slept from there on in. Cant see into a man's heart.

Paqueta - he has vision but seems to lack most everything else. He knows the cutting ball passes to play in the final third but most of the time he cant hit them well if he doesnt have a huge amount of time. His shooting is woeful; the worst in all the first team - I have yet to see him connect well with a strike. Then his decision making to dribble deep in our half where he doesnt have the agility or pace to lose defenders is just shocking, after 3 months of losing the ball in that half you would think he would know better.

Its hard to see him coming good.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
Just hope for a redemption arc under Rangnick, he is worth only peanuts rn.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Sadly He doesnt fit in the 4222
I think its good for us and specially for him if he finds a club that will build around him.

He will at some point reach or get closer to his potential.. I just dont see it being at milan

Reaction score
Sadly He doesnt fit in the 4222
I think its good for us and specially for him if he finds a club that will build around him.

He will at some point reach or get closer to his potential.. I just dont see it being at milan

A Loan is the best option for him... we bought him for 35m right ?

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pretty good showing.
Feel bad for this dude....
Clearly he has the talent but is far from a finished product...

It really doesn't help that fucking Giampaolo played him in midfield and everytime he's played under pioli he's been played out of position (like taking saladmakekers place on the right vs Napoli)....

He needs game time...
1) He could be the first choice for the EL games next season
2) Maybe him and Hakan behind a striker (or two) for some games could work.
3) He could also take up the Bonaventura role (1st choice sub) but don't know if that will give him enough game time.
3) A loan like the Suso Genoa one to a Fiorentina or La Liga club could be the best option...

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pretty good showing.
Feel bad for this dude....
Clearly he has the talent but is far from a finished product...

It really doesn't help that fucking Giampaolo played him in midfield and everytime he's played under pioli he's been played out of position (like taking saladmakekers place on the right vs Napoli)....

He needs game time...
1) He could be the first choice for the EL games next season
2) Maybe him and Hakan behind a striker (or two) for some games could work.
3) He could also take up the Bonaventura role (1st choice sub) but don't know if that will give him enough game time.
3) A loan like the Suso Genoa one to a Fiorentina or La Liga club could be the best option...

Swap loans with Benfica's Luis. Paqueta will flourish in Portugal, like Bruno Fernandes

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Can't forget Giampaolo publicly slating him when he was doing horrendously himself.

Giampaolo, worst manager in Milan history - "Paqueta is shit"

:lol:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
and everytime he's played under pioli he's been played out of position (like taking saladmakekers place on the right vs Napoli)....

Nope. Just away against Napoli.

CAM of 4231 against SPAL.

The most advanced mid of a 433/3241 in Pioli's first 6 games.

If those are not his real positions then I don't know what is..

0 goals, 0 assists.
33 attempts. Thousands of touches.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli Beckham Berlusconi Pep Donnarumma
Can't forget Giampaolo publicly slating him when he was doing horrendously himself.

Giampaolo, worst manager in Milan history - "Paqueta is shit"

:lol:

Only thing Giampaolo got right in his tenure

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah and Hakan had exactly 1 assist Pre covid. Surely we should have sold him to some bundesfodder club for peanuts because he performed badly during our horrible run before the break right?

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah and Hakan had exactly 1 assist Pre covid.

and 5 goals.

Paqueta hasn't scored since February 10, 2019.

Surely we should have sold him to some bundesfodder club for peanuts because he performed badly during our horrible run before the break right?

Hakan had been inconsistent, mixing great performances with poor ones.

Paqueta hasn't had a genuinely great game, with no buts and ifs, since March or February 2019.

I don't think Paqueta is a bad player per se, but his style looks out of place in this team.
We need the CAM to release the ball quicker, interchange positions and roles frequently with Ibra and the wingers, make off-ball runs, cover a lot of ground and to have an end product.
Paqueta is lacking in most of these aspects.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
and 5 goals.

Paqueta hasn't had a genuinely great game, with no buts and ifs, since March or February 2019.

I don't think Paqueta is a bad player per se, but his style looks out of place in this team.
We need the CAM to release the ball quicker, interchange positions and roles frequently with Ibra and the wingers, make off-ball runs, cover a lot of ground and to have an end product.

This I can agree with. I'm not opposed to selling him for equal or more money than we spent...or making him part of a package for a great player we need..

But assuming he's gonna be here how do we get the best out of a player with obvious potential?

Something like a good loan spell in Portugal or Spain could skyrocket his value again for us to sell even if he still doesn't fit our system...

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
He is the quickest player (cm, am) from giving pass to receive later then give direct shots ..this is important when facing stubborn locked defence.
Unsellable.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
and 5 goals.

IMO, he was pretty good against Lazio as LCM where he alternated roles with Hakan for some periods. However next game Pioli decided to put him as RCM and he was subpar again. I didn't get it why Pioli do that and I still don't but he is the coach.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
(I assume you mean LW/RW when you type LCM/RCM. Now the Leao comment in the other thread makes sense.)

IMO, he was pretty good against Lazio as LCM where he alternated roles with Hakan for some periods.

umm...Hakan went off injured in the first half and was replaced by Paqueta. They weren't on the pitch at the same time.
Perhaps you mean Bonaventura?

However next game Pioli decided to put him as RCM and he was subpar again. I didn't get it why Pioli do that and I still don't but he is the coach.

I do agree that he was particularly bad as RW against Napoli, however that was not the only game where he looked out of place, and his issues run far deeper than that. His worst moments against Napoli weren't even in a RW position.
Besides, our 3 AMs and the striker are expected to interchange roles.
If Paqueta is that miserable on the right flank then it's yet another sign that he doesn't belong in this team.

You dont know why Pioli didnt deploy him as LW against Napoli?
It's because Rebic was back in LW.
That spot was only available against Lazio because Rebic was substituting for Ibra.
Pioli would be insane to move Rebic from his favorite flank, or Hakan from the centre in an important match just to accommodate Paqueta.
I think the mistake was to start Paq at all. He's not the best option for any of the 11 spots. Saelemaekers outperforms him in the wing spots.
Hakan and Bona outperform him in all the 3 AM spots.

Schedule