Manuel Rui Costa Thread

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Oh my god he was so beautiful, so perfect. His technique. His touch. His class. :proud: I used to wait all game long for Carlo to put him on...

ruicosta17.jpg

scaled.php

9bca165360_1327825943.jpg

manuel.jpg

:star::star::proud:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson

I think i love him more than gattuso :eek: is it bad :eek:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

this is :eek:

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3334759146_0e4b32e4b9_o.jpg

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
at least someone knows a dignified way of leavin'... no excuses needed... no hidden agenda... straight-forward... the way a man should have done it...

this

this is why i love stam, rui costa, nesta, bommel and even gattuso(galliani locked him down three times :D) so much

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
is it ok to cry seeing his compilations .. i feel so sad today :cry: he is a great human being and a great player :proud:

I am so drunk fuck you spurs .. nah <3 you spurs :D

:proud: :star: :beer: :thumbsup:

Balthier

Primavera
Reaction score
Rui to become Milan director of football everyone?he previously stated would be interested to come back to Milan or fio one day

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
Must say Rui Costa is a bit of a genius as a GM. How much money has he made by selling players at ridiculess prices for Benfica in recent years? Ramires, Coentrao, David Luiz Witsel, Garcia.... 40M euro's for Witsel... that's daylight robbery.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

quoting for awesomeness

this is man is definition of everything divine in football :proud:

nobody is a better ambassador than him .. nobody :cry: I love you Mister Rui Costa

Seratore

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
let him polish his GM skills a bit more in Benfica.

Then he should arrive at Milan for a crash course in robberies, buying players in zillion installments, buying players with charity food (bananas, mangos, kiwis , etc.) with the Great Bald Wizard and then he will be ready do be Milan's Gm.

i sincerely hope that we will get someone like him as our new Gm .. when galliani retires ...

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

ManU sux

Banned
Reaction score
Had we had costa for all his career, wed have 4 more CLs and 5 more scudettos.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
I had a dream about him make a come back to milan, dayuumm!best wet dream eva!

Fiero

Reaction score

That's the greatest video of Rui with Milan I've ever seen. Thanks for sharing.

I'm pissed off I didn't get to witness every single moment of his career. He's my perfect footballer.

Rui was the reason I started watching Milan... hated Kaka initially because he benched Rui. I used to wait all game long for Carlo to put him on.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
That's the greatest video of Rui with Milan I've ever seen. Thanks for sharing.

I'm pissed off I didn't get to witness every single moment of his career. He's my perfect footballer.

Rui was the reason I started watching Milan... hated Kaka initially because he benched Rui. I used to wait all game long for Carlo to put him on.

Same here,i love the guy his my perfect midfielder.I feel like i had the privilage to see at my favorite team the best striker in Sheva,the best midfielder in Rui and the best defender in Maldini:D

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Ashish i don't understand your over romanticising Rui Costa. To me he was even more overrated as a Milan player than Pirlo. At least Pirlo was among the best midfielders in the world in his heyday at Milan.

He was certainly less productive and Kaka basically displaced him as soon as he came.

4 Milan goals in 124 apps is pathetic for a Milan CAM. He was insanely good at Fiorentina I'll give you that. Also he had his shining moments with his national team.....but he was FAR less productive here despite his silky touches and skills.

Just my $0.02

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
^^ you must be kidding. You got those stats from, let me guess... wikipedia. His job was not scoring goals, he was one of the best playmakers of his generation. He dictated play, he made shit happen.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Ashish i don't understand your over romanticising Rui Costa. To me he was even more overrated as a Milan player than Pirlo. At least Pirlo was among the best midfielders in the world in his heyday at Milan.

He was certainly less productive and Kaka basically displaced him as soon as he came.

4 Milan goals in 124 apps is pathetic for a Milan CAM. He was insanely good at Fiorentina I'll give you that. Also he had his shining moments with his national team.....but he was FAR less productive here despite his silky touches and skills.

Just my $0.02

128934708871724188.jpg

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Just my $0.02
I dont know what you are saying .. Rui Costa is the ultimate luxury player in milan

I was so pissed off when they started playing kaka .. fuck kaka.. rui costa in 2003 cl final had my heart .. always great with portugal
he was magnificent with batigol , he is a great teammate , he didnt create a scene when kaka overtook him, ricky can run and pray as much as he want, when rui costa had the ball ... world stopped.. then there was chess match going on the field .. shit ... I miss it

Fuck ancelotti ..

its not about the amount of work he did it was those small things .. I am so biased but I think I am right :o

Dont even compare with pirlo .. what rui costa does is in front of their defense not inbetwen our defense .. classy man . classy general manager .. class hair :cool: whats there not to love about him .. I couldnt watch rui live in fiorentina :fp:

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo is my fav football player .. he didnt do much in milan :o

Rui Costa Ronaldo are above football ..

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
Watched him in many games of fiorentina, footballer like rui and batistuta make me think that zidane @juve is overrated

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I dont know what you are saying .. Rui Costa is the ultimate luxury player in milan

I was so pissed off when they started playing kaka .. fuck kaka.. rui costa in 2003 cl final had my heart .. always great with portugal
he was magnificent with batigol , he is a great teammate , he didnt create a scene when kaka overtook him, ricky can run and pray as much as he want, when rui costa had the ball ... world stopped.. then there was chess match going on the field .. shit ... I miss it

Fuck ancelotti ..

its not about the amount of work he did it was those small things .. I am so biased but I think I am right :o

Dont even compare with pirlo .. what rui costa does is in front of their defense not inbetwen our defense .. classy man . classy general manager .. class hair :cool: whats there not to love about him .. I couldnt watch rui live in fiorentina :fp:
Well we all have our biases so no problem there. But you gotta admit, for his transfer fee, wages and rating etc compared to his OVERALL CONTRIBUTION, Pirlo was streets ahead of him. Skill wise he was a better player but even Pirlo's set pieces which I knock so much were waaaay better

Kaka came into his own in Rui's position and proved to be a vastly superior player at practically everything. Can't see what you're blasting Carlo for? It's mainly because of Ricky we won '07. Yes I understand scoring goals was not his main role, but as a CAM he scored/directly assisted far less than Pirlo who played much further behind at CM. yes he dictated play well no arguments there

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rui costa keeps the ball .. he would never allow a deportiva or liverpool debacle to happen .. a substitution at 75 minute against depor wasnt good enough :o oh well rui would have flown in the air to protect those set pieces and nesta./ gattuso stupidity

Rui costa keeps the ball and protects it ... similar to running the ball ... if your defense is not called upon there is a high chance you will not concede .. rui costa is a master at it .. people claim pirlo does the same but he does in front of our defense which is very dangerous ..and gutsy .. I dont like it personally
Rui wont win the cl by himself like kaka did .. fair enough that doesnt matter to me :o

Last edited:

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
Rui join Milan nearly in the end of his career, Kaka were not playmaker in that time, and guess who found Pirlo deeplying playmaker position after transfered to Milan?

they are all connected.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes I understand scoring goals was not his main role, but as a CAM he scored/directly assisted far less than Pirlo who played much further behind at CM. yes he dictated play well no arguments there

Pirlo assisted 72 goals in his whole career up until now in all competitions.
Rui Costa assisted 65 just in the 5 seasons with Milan.

And Pirlo had a lot easier job in the back,protected by the defence and gattuso or ambro helping him out, there was a lot more pressure up front on Rui Costa with opposition defences and defensive midfielders trying to close him down.

A lot of people are deluded by Pirlo's season with Juventus last year. He has to step up there and provide assists cause the forwards can't do it themselves and he has a lot more space to do so in a 5 man midfield, where they relieve him of opposition presure.

But overall, Rui Costa's individual skill, workrate, passing, playing under pressure, creating space, everything he did for the team, the effort he put in shits all over Pirlo.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
But overall, Rui Costa's individual skill, workrate, passing, playing under pressure, creating space, everything he did for the team, the effort he put in shits all over Pirlo.

hmm...hmm...hmmmmmmmm

did u watch these teams, from 2003-2006?

Schedule