Demerio

Photoshop Lieutenant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA-Pandev-PATO
MILAN IN MACEDONIA
3/23/2007 2:25:00 PM
acmilan.com

The Milan Junior Camp will be present in Macedonia for the first time. The camp will take place in Skopje and now the Milan Youth Project has a presence in a good 46 countries

The Milan Junior Camp will be present in Macedonia for the first time, taking place in Skopje in collaboration with the Marco Schembri World Camp, the official for all the camps in Eastern Europe. The camp will run from July 16 to 20 where over 300 children between the ages of 9 and 16 will take part in training with Milan coaches. Daniele Massaro was present at the press conference at the official launch and now the Milan Youth Project has a presence in a good 46 countries.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

This is incredible NEWS FOR MY COUNTRY.
Macedonia has big talents and maybe biggest in all former Jugoslavija for now.
Italian clubs are always welcome here as for Inter was when thay found about Goran Pandev who is the hottest young striker in Italy at the moment.
Milan has great scouts and i believe that thay will found great talents here and give them opportunity to succed and become great players.

Thank you AC MILAN...

Last edited:

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
Well they'll arrange the same thing here in Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina.

I don't think you should be that optimistic, afterall your Macedonia is only one of almost 50 chosen countries.

Former Yugoslavia have got many talents around but the hottest are definetly Rajkovic and Modric.

I don't believe that a kid from Ex-Yu will manage to achieve anything as a result of these camps, just take a closer look at Sandro Bloudek, a boy from Bosnia-Herzegovina who've played in our Primavera quite long now. He'll probably end up in Serie C or something... :tongue:

But anyway, I wish all Macedonian kids good luck!
:cool:

panov

Primavera
Reaction score
It is definitely time to change the course in our domestic football championship,and maybe this is not a subject for this forum but i am so sad that i can't look a real football in our country,for example average attendance in our stadiums are about 150 per game so you can realise what kind of football is offered.I hope that some of our teams can learn even from youth programs of the serious clubs and as Milan supporter I am really proud that Massaro came in our country to represent Milan's youth program

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What we need in football is our very own YU-league, just like we have in basketball - the Adriatic Goodyear league.

The quality will be by far better and then people will return to the stadiums to see matches.

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Velez Mostar said:
What we need in football is our very own YU-league, just like we have in basketball - the Adriatic Goodyear league.

The quality will be by far better and then people will return to the stadiums to see matches.
Yeah I agree with you here.In basketball we have the Adriatic Goodyear league so maybe something similar can be done in football..I haven't watched a domestic game well maybe for the last 10 years or so.I only go to the stadiums when the NT team plays....
In Serbia you have 2 good games a year that fill the stadiums and it involves just 2 teams Partizan and Red Star.
The same happens in the Croatian league with Hajduk and Dinamo...
But if you form a league with Red Star,Partizan,Hajduk,Domzele,Drava,Hit Gorica,plus some teams from Bosnia and Macedonia I think it can be exciting....

Last edited:

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
Edi said:
Yeah I agree with you here.In basketball we have the Adriatic Goodyear league so maybe something similar can be done in football..I haven't watched a domestic game well maybe for the last 10 years or so.I only go to the stadiums when the NT team plays....
In Serbia you have 2 good games a year that fill the stadiums and it involves just 2 teams Partizan and Red Star.
The same happens in the Croatian league with Hajduk and Dinamo...
But if you form a league with Red Star,Partizan,Hajduk,Domzele,Drava,Hit Gorica,plus some teams from Bosnia and Macedonia I think it can be exciting....

I couldn't agree more. The former Yugoslav first league gave one champion of the world, we have lots of quality players.

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I agree with both of you, such a pitty that we're dumb enough to let politics ruin everything in our sport nowadays.

The YU-league would've been interesting and surely loads of people would've returned to the stadiums, imagine Dinamo/Hajduk or Partizan/Zvezda in your very own hometown again....

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Velez Mostar said:
I agree with both of you, such a pitty that we're dumb enough to let politics ruin everything in our sport nowadays.

The YU-league would've been interesting and surely loads of people would've returned to the stadiums, imagine Dinamo/Hajduk or Partizan/Zvezda in your very own hometown again....

Which will also mean more sponsors coming into the game - more money for the clubs. Though the bigger clubs Dinamo/Hajduk/Partizan/Zvezda will have a head start, it will be only a matter of time when other teams begin to catch up with them (packed stadiums when playing against these teams means money for the smaller clubs). Also, we shouldn't limit only to ex-you clubs, Albanian clubs should also participate, they also gave some good players (thanks god the best-Artim Shakiri played for Macedonia) and maybe bulgarian clubs, though I doubt they will be interested.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Rabotnicki link up with Milan

FK Rabotnicki have pulled off a major coup in F.Y.R. Macedonia, with AC Milan's youth department coaches set to work with the club in July.

Milan visit
Milan's public relations manager Danielle Massaro was in the Macedonian capital, Skopje, this week to promote his side's programme, which will see the Italian club's youth coaches work with 300 Rabotnicki youngsters between 16 and 20 July this year.

Kostovski proud
"After a year of negotiations we are bringing one of the biggest names in football to our country," said Rabotnicki vice-president Kosta Kostovski. "It's a great chance for young Macedonian talents to work with coaches from one of the greatest teams in Europe."

Ongoing relationship
Kostovski is now hoping the cooperation between the two clubs will carry on. "It's one step towards improving our work with the youth categories," he said. "We hope that this cooperation between Rabotnicki and Milan will continue after the camp is over."

San Siro prospects
Massaro agreed: "Why, in the future should some talented player from [F.Y.R] Macedonia not come in Italy to play for Milan, the same way as Goran Pandev plays for S.S. Lazio? If Rabotnicki win the title this season, we could meet up in the UEFA Champions League next season."

Pandev example
Pandev's success story is certainly one that will inspire Macedonian youngsters. The 23-year-old started his career in the Prva Liga in the 2000/01 season with FK Belasica GC, before being signed by Milan's neighbours FC Internazionale Milano.

Burgeoning career
Eventually moving on to Lazio in 2004 after failing to make a first-team appearance for Inter, he has blossomed in Rome, scoring 21 Serie A goals in his last two seasons and becoming increasingly dangerous for the national team, with eleven goals in 31 appearances.

Tomorrow's stars
Massaro was well aware that the Pandevs of tomorrow could well be among the trainees at the Milan camp. "I'm proud that I came to Skopje and I hope some of young players who will participate in this camp will be the stars of Macedonian football and the national team one day."

Montenegrin first
Elswehere, F.Y.R. Macedonia's Under-21 side made a small bit of history as they provided Montenegro's first opposition at that level. Mirsad Jonuz's side beat the Montenegrins 1-0 in Skopje, with Zoran Zlatkovski of Bulgarian side PFC Lokomotiv Plovdiv 1936 scoring the only goal.

www.uefa.com

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Looks like this one's getting merged.

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
As I read the camp will be for 4 days and the kids that wanna participate will have to pay 250 euros.
I dont think something will come up from this though...

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Edi said:
As I read the camp will be for 4 days and the kids that wanna participate will have to pay 250 euros.
Oh... good. Let's rip them off :rolleyes: Dunno. Can't Milan be a lil more charitable ? And what's a 4-day camp good for ? Bet you'll only see offspring of football federation suits there ? ;)

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Passion for *9* said:
And what's a 4-day camp good for ?
Well I was thinking the same thing.Its hard to belive something good will come up from a 4 day camp....

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Edi said:
I dont think something will come up from this though...

Looks like we're financing 'Dinho's arrival in former Yugoslavia. Now when Ronaldinho finally arives, don't you all forget to thank Edi's and Marcus' compatriots for their moeny! :tongue:

''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Pathetic, 250 Euros - that's the average monthly salary here in this fucked up society we live in. Only war criminals can afford to pay such a price for their kid playing football for 4 days.

Ah well, maybe we'll finally get the chance to see Slobo's grandson play football ! :D

SehaxX

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sergej Barbarez, Safet Susic, Vedad Ibisevic, Maldini, Kaka, Sheva and Weah
That's football today only €uros are important, but that's a other theme. In the Milan youth team was a yong talent Soundro Bloudek (Born in Zenica(BIH)) i think a Slovenian internation what's happend with him.

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SehaxX said:
That's football today only €uros are important, but that's a other theme. In the Milan youth team was a yong talent Soundro Bloudek (Born in Zenica(BIH)) i think a Slovenian internation what's happend with him.

i believe he still plays for the Milan Youth squad, or has been loaned somewhere...

As for the 4 day camp, I can salute the idea, but really who is gonna come up with 250 euros? How are the scouts going to tell which one is a real talent or not in just 4 days? This is so unrealistic, if the AC Milan management really wanted to do something they wouldn't put such a high price. I myself would love to go, since i've been training football for years but first, i don't have 250 euros to throw away, no matter how close to training for Milan i will get :(. Second, i think they will pick a few random kids, offer them to come to italy, the italian embassy won't give them visas and nothing will come out of this, except some cash for the club.

This isn't fair, this isn't ok. I'm a bit disappointed :(

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It's great for Macedonia and Australia that Milan are helping them out.

Personally, I don't know much about Macedonia but in Australia we've always had the talent but due to corruption and a whole lot of other bullshit we weren't able to get football off and running. With even Inter camps, French 98' national coach coming out and teaching a lot of the coaches here different methods of intense training and employing different knowledge about that game it has helped us immensly. i.e. Australia's great result at the WC.

I believe every nation, no matter where, have talent that just has to be discovered and by Milan doing this it helps:

1. Milan - to discover new talent + gain more support

2. The World of Football - teach different perspectives to kids + coaches all around the globe so they can improve and one day been playing in Milan

Danielle Massaro and Milan in general do need to get congratulated for their efforts.

Schedule