Milan - Napoli : 11.02.2024 | 20:45 CET | Week 24 Serie A

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
True elite players, especially forwards are selfish when they play. They will shoot firsthand, as if they plan it in their head before they get the ball, unless it's really obvious that a pass is better. Leao this season, looks like he is looking for the assist first hand...playing that supporting role instead of looking for the goal for himself. I really dislike this change, he seemed way more selfish the previous two seasons.
Yes I am in the process of trying to explain this to Wild

Reaction score
What’s with the bias against Leao. Wasn’t he good just the last game? Maybe I’m misremembering.
It's good for Tyuram, and Leao plays episodes, and quite rare this season. There is no bias, today the Portuguese was not bad throughout almost the entire meeting, and I wrote about it. When he starts playing consistently well at least three matches out of five, there will be no questions left.

nekky

Big Muffin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic Kaká T.Silva Shevschenko Pato Nesta Maldini Theo
Watched Rennes game today. Such a boring average team
I hope leao scores 5 goals in the Renner game. The boy needs some confidence in his scoring abilities and wear his shooting boots instead of always crossing into the box towards a tree.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
True elite players, especially forwards are selfish when they play. They will shoot firsthand, as if they plan it in their head before they get the ball, unless it's really obvious that a pass is better. Leao this season, looks like he is looking for the assist first hand...playing that supporting role instead of looking for the goal for himself. I really dislike this change, he seemed way more selfish the previous two seasons.
I agree on the elites being selfish, their belief in their ability is unshakable.

I don't mind Rafa being pass first but he just needs to do much better when balls fall to him and to Leaf's point (and he is one of Rafa's biggest supporters) in that final chance he gave it up because he didn't want to take the opportunity.

Overall he is giving much better effort so I am ok with his performance of late and only slightly peeved with his bad misses. If we had dropped points I would be more upset.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present

The duality of man. When you're selfish they want you to play more for the team. Play more for the team they want you to be more selfish.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Both he and Bennacer. Quantity and quality. Would like to see that with Reijnders in RLCs position, but it might be a bit too offensive and light weighted.
I'd rather put Adli in RLC's spot and keep Tiji where he is, as I think Reijnders does his best work in that link-up, mid-range passing area rather than in finding the final ball.

Adli has the eye for that final ball.

I thought Bennacer had a shakier second half, he made some poor decisions that were out-of-character, but I also think he just lacked match fitness.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'd rather put Adli in RLC's spot and keep Tiji where he is, as I think Reijnders does his best work in that link-up, mid-range passing area rather than in finding the final ball.

I thought Bennacer had a shakier second half, he made some poor decisions that were out-of-character, but I also think he just lacked match fitness.

Yeah he gave one away, iirc in the 2nd half, but other than that the classic Ismael "Mr. Everywhere" Bennacer. I missed his presesence. But he doesn't seem to last more than 60 minutes for now.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah he gave one away, iirc in the 2nd half, but other than that the classic Ismael "Mr. Everywhere" Bennacer. I missed his presesence. But he doesn't seem to last more than 60 minutes for now.

He's just comeback from injury not once but twice. Probably won't be back to full match sharpness fitness till March. He needs rhythm and mileage in the legs.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He just looked like he wasn't ready to start yet, but he covered a lot of ground.

nekky

Big Muffin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic Kaká T.Silva Shevschenko Pato Nesta Maldini Theo
The duality of man. When you're selfish they want you to play more for the team. Play more for the team they want you to be more selfish.
If you look at Pulisic for example, you can clearly see that he is actively looking to score every game by getting himself in position to do so, but he is also looking to pass depending on the situation. Leao just seems like he is looking to play that supporting role during this season and I want the old Leao back. The one that often attempts to dribble and shoot OR pass, not the one that attempts to cross the ball 60-70% of the time whenever he gets ball. I don't think he's utilizing his talent to the fullest if he's just going to cross the ball, which most of the time does not end up in the goal.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If you look at Pulisic for example, you can clearly see that he is actively looking to score every game by getting himself in position to do so, but he is also looking to pass depending on the situation. Leao just seems like he is looking to play that supporting role during this season and I want the old Leao back. The one that often attempts to dribble and shoot OR pass, not the one that attempts to cross the ball 60-70% of the time whenever he gets ball. I don't think he's utilizing his talent to the fullest if he's just going to cross the ball, which most of the time does not end up in the goal.

Pulisic is new and looking to impose himself more. He's more hungry and not worn down with bald terrorism for the past 4.5 years. Leao has learnt everything he can from our bald terrorist. Give Leao a new coach with different voice and ideas and he'll improve more like some of our other players whove been here for a while will.

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
So...

IMG_1707692873519.jpg

Got the wee guy too bed and ordered some room service...

Good win first of all, important 3 points.

We looked comfortable for most of the match until Pioli decided to sit back and invite pressure... Erm... You could see the tactical change and the players dropping till we had 11 players actively playing in our own half.

Absolutely stupid idea and so soft from us!!!

Cala haters, shhhhhhhhh... Kvara pocketed again!!!

Now my main issue, and I said I'd be nice this weekend... So all I'll say is RLC is horrible at times!!!

Grande Ben, Theo and Gabbia!!!

Tree is SO slow, really, it's scary... But I love the guy.

Adli put in a shift, him and Ben really do offer a shield to our makeshift back 2.

I fear we'd have seen a tougher game with Osi, but who cares...

No tifo from the Curva was disappointing, but they were in good form!!!

Again lots and LOTS of looks as I was wearing a plain black kilt again haha... Men in "skirts" really confuses people huh!!!

Forza Milan...

Let's beat these french peasants on Thursday so I can come back asap child free, Milan be warned lol!!!

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
Is it with usual font or with the (goth?) one used in promo? Or is there a choice?
They didn't give us a choice. It's the usual Serie A font unfortunately.

Reaction score
We've also been particularly lucky lately, it's worth admitting. We pulled out victories in Udine and Frosinone, today we defended the goal in the end, although the defense again began to spread like wet paper

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
Both he and Bennacer. Quantity and quality. Would like to see that with Reijnders in RLCs position, but it might be a bit too offensive and light weighted.

What position are you talking about when you say RLC position? The guy is so far forward he's a CF. Maybe he helped out more in the midfield against Napoli, I don't remember and wasn't paying attention but the 5 games prior to this, he did very very little midfield work. Playing Bennacer-Adli-Reijnders is something that definitely excites me. We'd be back to playing 3 midfielders at least. Instead of 4-2-4

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What position are you talking about when you say RLC position? The guy is so far forward he's a CF. Maybe he helped out more in the midfield against Napoli, I don't remember and wasn't paying attention but the 5 games prior to this, he did very very little midfield work. Playing Bennacer-Adli-Reijnders is something that definitely excites me. We'd be back to playing 3 midfielders at least. Instead of 4-2-4
When I say I want to put Adli in RLC's spot, I don't mean to play Adli as the SS or whatever. I'm saying abandon the insanity of the 424, have an actual attacking midfielder in Adli who can also drop into being an 8 when needed, and play a genuine 4231.

I actually think RLC has a wonderful skillset, but he needs to be deployed properly. I think the "CAM" role he's playing in, while accentuating one strength, puts a glaring focus on where he's weakest.

His decision making in the final third is so slow, he waits too long. He actually looked so much better as a deeper CM in a 433, a true English-style box-to-box. But as a CAM? It really doesn't work.

Tiji-Ben-Adli is our best midfield unit, in my opinion.