Milan - Salernitana | Serie A | Mar 13 2023, 19:45 UTC

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score

19:45 UTC​

viperissima-dritto-rovescio-drittoerovescio-trash-gif-reaction-giorgia-meloni.gif

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
When is Milan gonna play in a different time slot?

I really miss the old Serie A schedule. I hate this schedule. Always 20:45

Before Milan use to play 20:45 for big matches, but small matches were in the 1500 slot or at least 1800.

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leao is playing so we need Giroud + 1 other to accompany him up front. Simple decision to make. Fully agreed.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Excited for this. League run for 2nd place starts tomorrow night! I expect a confident and hungry team.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
This is good, the best lineup we can field at the moment. Can’t risk shit performances by Origi and/or CDK. Sandro should rest, so I assume he’ll come off for Benny.

Tonali needs to start, bang in goals in the first half.
Switch tactics and sub Sandro and Krunic.
That would be ideal but lets see how it goes.

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
I think it’s right to not rotate much , this is still a new formation and players are figuring out movements especially in attack. Too much change every game will not allow that to happen. Plus our subs are mostly shiite/out of form.

Get a comfy lead and make subs in second half. I feel like ibra will assist CDK tomorrow , after they come on as subs :)

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
Excited for this. League run for 2nd place starts tomorrow night! I expect a confident and hungry team.

We have to win. Essentially all our rivals for the top 4 bar Juventus dropped points this week.

It’ll really put us in a much more comfortable spot to win tonight. Must win game.

SecondStar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
We need these 3 points by any means necessary.

Let’s continue the defensive solidity from midweek and try to close in on top 4 rivals GD as well

1678679953205.jpeg

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
According to Luca Bianchin we will field the London XI with the exception of Saelemaekers for Messias. Shows we're serious, really important to get the three points tonight!

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
According to Luca Bianchin we will field the London XI with the exception of Saelemaekers for Messias. Shows we're serious, really important to get the three points tonight!
Tonali to break pretty soon. Pioli needs to rest him.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Game day!

Great results over the weekend with our CL rivals all dropping points.

We have to win, it doesn't matter how.

Forza Milan!

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Not surprised. Never believed those probable line-ups of the last days with things like Kjaer for Thiaw or Origi for Giroud or CDK for Diaz (and all of those at the same time). Pioli rarely does heavy rotations. March isn't going to be as packed as the rest of the season too, so if he didn't do heavy rotations before, I'd be surprised if he just started them now. Besides, we fucked up too many games already, every game is a must-win from here until the end of the season. So I don't expect him giving too many starting spots to the 2nd line unless injuries force him to.

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
So now that we're joint second, what have #negativityforce got to say... Well!!!!

Oh... Wait... Too soon... My bad...

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
Not surprised. Never believed those probable line-ups of the last days with things like Kjaer for Thiaw or Origi for Giroud or CDK for Diaz (and all of those at the same time). Pioli rarely does heavy rotations. March isn't going to be as packed as the rest of the season too, so if he didn't do heavy rotations before, I'd be surprised if he just started them now. Besides, we fucked up too many games already, every game is a must-win from here until the end of the season. So I don't expect him giving too many starting spots to the 2nd line unless injuries force him to.

I'd love a couple of early goal so we can get some earlier sub's on, and see what they've got... The result is most important though.

Hopefully Ochoa has a mediocre game!!!

Shevy_007

Omo Naija!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Pirlo, Nesta, Maldini, Baresi, van Basten, Gullit, Rijkaard
Yes, playing the best team means the priority is to get the 3 points. I think it also provides the opportunity to "fix," improve or perfect the attack to make it more efficient and effective. The attack has left much to be desired in the last few games in chance creation and finishing. While it could be due to a number of factors including poor coaching, execution by the players, poor form or lack of quality, the team is not playing it's best upfront.

The situation is that: the new signings haven't lived up to expectations; the point of attack , Giroud, is a striker past his physical prime albeit still putting in good performances; the team's main attacking threat, Leao, hasn't been as clinical in finishing or effective in assisting as he can be and was towards the tail end of last season; and the third part of the trident is a player who really isn't good at passing.

The attack should be dangerous and effective based on style of play and not limited to individual brilliance. This is nothing against the importance of individual brilliance either of itself or as part of the collective. Individual brilliance should really matter most against very tough opponents. This is not to say that individual brilliance shouldn't be part of the collective team play but rather to say that it is more effective when there's an effective attacking play by the collective.

Hope to see a good game that gets killed off early with goals for subs to come in a break their duck. Clean sheet as always. FORZA MILAN!

Schedule