Milan - Salernitana | Serie A | Mar 13 2023, 19:45 UTC

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Who gives a shit if we had a bad game? Penalties only count when you're playing well?

There aren't rules now? Theo was fouled in the box. It was a clear penalty according to the rubric established by those who justify decisions against us.

If we play well, but don't win... that doesn't mean anything.

If we play poorly, but win... it means we're shit.

But when we are denied penalties, we're not supposed to use them?

Milan has scored the most goals in open play in Serie A (I believe) so... we don't "rely" on penalties. And then when asked: "hey, why don't we get penalties?" the answer is: "we're not in the box!"

Now, our players get fouled in the box, and what happens? Nothing.

For all of Fiorentina's dominance (I didn't watch the game, I was sick) but Fiorentina needed a penalty to open the scoring, a soft penalty, one that I didn't think was a penalty. But if that was a penalty, then surely one of the two penalties we got should have been at least one.

The logic is ever shifting here. I don't want to hear about spin force, when the same people who talk about Tomori's penalty are the same ones who are denying Theo's. They are the ones who are spinning.

Chill, I'm only saying our display was shit, which is hardly debatable :lol:

danilo1899

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Ochoa was really weak in his 5 yard area, I was screaming at the tv to put more high balls in. Can't understand the rasoning of Pioli, he should've put Florenzi instead of Thiaw and Adl up the middle, even Pobega who likes to attack the box. I think this chapter came to an end, a seriously weak season, Pioli's done all he could. Time for a change, a different approach. You simply cannot play with 5atb when at home to Salernitana and chasing a win. Our playmakers todaw were Thiaw, Maignan and Kalulu ffs. Serious lack of creativity in midfield. I think we gonna shelf this 5-2-3 formatian pretty soon, bc we lack the penetration centrally. Theo is on his last legs ffs, did he get any rest this season?!

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
Well, the attack got better with them. Leao really with his worst performance this season so far. Not that he was only a passenger like usually these days. He killed even more attacks than Saele on the other side, that's how bad he was.

CDK did well, Origi too. Tonight is not the night to shit on them.
Cdk did nothing, origi did something but no end result. Leao lazy at times but he usually bring it home

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
jfc i dont understand origi at all

no man in front of him just outside the box, delays and passes it to the side

4 men in front of him, turn around shot from 20m
What you described is a shit player. But let's not hurt any feelings

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So annoyed watching 96 mins of that absolute shit-we deserve better. I kinda knew it was coming aswell that’s the worst thing about it. So fucking predictable.

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Pioli is a coward and imbecile. This is not football. F him and his "tactics". Pathetic.

Playing Florenzi and his mates while Adli deserved it.
These new "tactics " are really to save his job. Very cowardly.

Offensively, he relies heavily on individual brilliance to get goals. That's why you hear players always saying "he gives us a lot of freedom going forward". Freedom might work for players like Theo but not for everyone. Most of our offensive players are clueless and need plenty of time to know what to do next. Very slow build up and bad decision making once we get into the final third.

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So worried watching CDK mainly, I really don’t know what’s happened here but we appear to have absolutely crushed that guy. Is Pioli at fault?

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
you're coming around...it seems.:)
there's plenty of room.
I’ve always been against it. It’s an effective stop gap, solves the chance leakage, but we have no midfield. 433 is the way and now it’s the endless wait for Pioli to belatedly realize this.

The majority of our players today were not that good on the ball. The 3 CBs, Krunic, Saelemaekers and also Leao was out of his mind. Add to that Giroud that totally immobile and you start to understand the problem. Brahim can move and dribble but can’t pass. So what are we trying to do on the ball? They’re packing the midfield and defense, we can’t dribble or run. They’re not building up so we can’t press. What’s the plan? Cross to Giroud against a back three? Seriously? Or Leao and inshalla? What if he’s like today? What then?

I don’t understand why we had to play 3 CBs today. I don’t understand the change. Why not take out a CB for an attacker in the end? Keep Thiaw for headers, but take out Kalulu or Tomori for a player with feet like Adli for example.

I didn’t like Pioli at all today. Not his lineup without rotation. Not his changes. Not the strategy.

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
So i understand the 3 ATB changed our defensive problems but i still think 4-2-3-1 suits us the best.

MM
Kalulu-Thiaw-Tomo-Theo
——-Tonali/Krunic—-Benny/Krunic——
CdK——-Brahim———Leao
———Ibra/Oli/Origi/Rebic———-

This is what we should try in my opinion. And bc Oli is suspended i would start either Zlatan or Rebic at Udine

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You thinking CDK will have any impact is what happened.

I think he's a quality player but he's both at zero confidence, misused, and completely off form.
i was being sarcastic :D

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just look at the results of the last 2months.
Pioli doesnt deserve to stay.
If we win its always with fking 1-0. After 1-0 we always going to defend, which lead to this.
And then pioli doing some horrible subs

Ok we won against Spurs, but spurs was just so shit, its not like we were so good

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
I’ve always been against it. It’s an effective stop gap, solves the chance leakage, but we have no midfield. 433 is the way and now it’s the endless wait for Pioli to belatedly realize this.

The majority of our players today were not that good on the ball. The 3 CBs, Krunic, Saelemaekers and also Leao was out of his mind. Add to that Giroud that totally immobile and you start to understand the problem. Brahim can move and dribble but can’t pass. So what are we trying to do on the ball? They’re packing the midfield and defense, we can’t dribble or run. They’re not building up so we can’t press. What’s the plan? Cross to Giroud against a back three? Seriously? Or Leao and inshalla? What if he’s like today? What then?

I don’t understand why we had to play 3 CBs today. I don’t understand the change. Why not take out a CB for an attacker in the end? Keep Thiaw for headers, but take out Kalulu or Tomori for a player with feet like Adli for example.

I didn’t like Pioli at all today. Not his lineup without rotation. Not his changes. Not the strategy.

i was talking about Pioli's decisions in general...but yeah.

sabeni

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I dislike pioli for his refusal to play 3 cm's, it really cost us the counter/salernitana goal, if we put 3 cm's iam sure we stabilize the center, frustate them and actually more chance to cm's having space to go to box for exyra man.

Bagheera

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I still can’t get over how badly this game was managed, from the starting lineup to those subs…against salernitana at home.

I’ve always tried to give Pioli benefit of doubt but nah, not after that. He should go at end of season.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Who gives a shit if we had a bad game? Penalties only count when you're playing well?

There aren't rules now? Theo was fouled in the box. It was a clear penalty according to the rubric established by those who justify decisions against us.

If we play well, but don't win... that doesn't mean anything.

If we play poorly, but win... it means we're shit.

But when we are denied penalties, we're not supposed to use them?

Milan has scored the most goals in open play in Serie A (I believe) so... we don't "rely" on penalties. And then when asked: "hey, why don't we get penalties?" the answer is: "we're not in the box!"

Now, our players get fouled in the box, and what happens? Nothing.

For all of Fiorentina's dominance (I didn't watch the game, I was sick) but Fiorentina needed a penalty to open the scoring, a soft penalty, one that I didn't think was a penalty. But if that was a penalty, then surely one of the two penalties we got should have been at least one.

The logic is ever shifting here. I don't want to hear about spin force, when the same people who talk about Tomori's penalty are the same ones who are denying Theo's. They are the ones who are spinning.

I didn’t think the foul on Theo was a penalty, even if it’s given in Serie A.

The Bennacer VAR penalty annulment was against the rules, if taken by the letter. I may be wrong.

Terrible performance. A huge opportunity spurned.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Not the first time these weeks I think you would do a better job than Pioli. And no that's no pun, I'm absolutely genuine.

• Heart
Reactions: brk

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I didn’t think the foul on Theo was a penalty, even if it’s given in Serie A.

The Bennacer VAR penalty annulment was against the rules, if taken by the letter. I may be wrong.

Terrible performance. A huge opportunity spurned.
If the Ikone dive against Tomori was a penalty against Fiorentina, then for me, Theo should have gotten that penalty.

The VAR review of the penalty was against the rules, as there was contact, and there has to be a clear and obvious error--the ref is not supposed to make a new decision with VAR review.

Yes, terrible performance, I'm not denying that. But I want the rules to be applied consistently, and they aren't, and I can't stand that.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
Lets hope with the remaining fixtures they can find a better path. Improve on the attacking play and take their chances. Bad day move on and hope for better in the next game. Forza Milan :star::star: