Milan - Salernitana | Serie A | Mar 13 2023, 19:45 UTC

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Who gives a shit if we had a bad game? Penalties only count when you're playing well?

There aren't rules now? Theo was fouled in the box. It was a clear penalty according to the rubric established by those who justify decisions against us.

If we play well, but don't win... that doesn't mean anything.

If we play poorly, but win... it means we're shit.

But when we are denied penalties, we're not supposed to use them?

Milan has scored the most goals in open play in Serie A (I believe) so... we don't "rely" on penalties. And then when asked: "hey, why don't we get penalties?" the answer is: "we're not in the box!"

Now, our players get fouled in the box, and what happens? Nothing.

For all of Fiorentina's dominance (I didn't watch the game, I was sick) but Fiorentina needed a penalty to open the scoring, a soft penalty, one that I didn't think was a penalty. But if that was a penalty, then surely one of the two penalties we got should have been at least one.

The logic is ever shifting here. I don't want to hear about spin force, when the same people who talk about Tomori's penalty are the same ones who are denying Theo's. They are the ones who are spinning.
Imagine actually arguing this vs
Salernitana
Salernitana

talk about desperation :head:
We didn't lose because of some dumb refereeing mistakes.
We lost because Pioli's system is simply unable to unlock a tight, disciplined defense like the one we played.
Part of that is because Pioli's system is designed to be a defensive one itself.

The same problems the ppl called "negativity force" will always be there.
The team is as disjointed as fuck...and we're just unable to deal with plugging this many holes.
I've been defending him tooth and nail but fuck me Leao was poor, he's having a lot of trouble adjusting to his role and his ...everything has been off.
CDK, Origi and Rebic are all completely unreliable....and the BLAME for that goes on Maldini/Management.

I was reading just before this game ppl PRAISING our shit transfer activity.
Well then you shouldn't be mad because this is exactly the kind of shit you're supporting.
Blaming the refs is lame and gay.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
If the Ikone dive against Tomori was a penalty against Fiorentina, then for me, Theo should have gotten that penalty.

The VAR review of the penalty was against the rules, as there was contact, and there has to be a clear and obvious error--the ref is not supposed to make a new decision with VAR review.

Yes, terrible performance, I'm not denying that. But I want the rules to be applied consistently, and they aren't, and I can't stand that.
Sure. It could have been given but it was one of those that will never be consistently given.

The Bennacer incident was as egregious as our performance.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sure. It could have been given but it was one of those that will never be consistently given.

The Bennacer incident was as egregious as our performance.
I don't see how the nature of our performance should color the relative validity of a penalty.

marioacm93

Milan Icon
Reaction score
What happened to that coach from last season? He completely lost it, what the fuck was that today?

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
"WE" crushed the guy?

He came from the Belgian league. This is his level.
Well perhaps you’re right but I thought by this point I’d have seen something in him but I’m seriously thinking we need to sell now as I cannot see this ending well

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't see how the nature of our performance should color the relative validity of a penalty.
It’s frustrating because a lucky break can often colour an overall shit performance a lighter shade of brown. We don’t seem to be getting those much this season. Or even last. It’d be nice.

My point was the Bennacer penalty retraction was really the one that bothers me. Among other things.

Dirooo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Berlusconi's helicopter & Galliani's golden tie
This shit is ridiculous🤬
We are so uncreative and frightened in our attacking build up that most of serie a have worked us out, which is to sit back wait for us to fuck up then counter. I can see this problem on my shitty lagging stream how the fuck cant pioli see this after the past 3 lacklustre months.
We have players who are capable but they are lost mentally in the final third

He better make some drastic revamping in our attacking approach or im jumping on the baldy out bandwagon!

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It’s frustrating because a lucky break can often colour an overall shit performance a lighter shade of brown. We don’t seem to be getting those much this season. Or even last. It’d be nice.

My point was that Bennacer penalty retraction was really the one that bothers me. Among other things.
But that's the nature of this sport.

I mean... We have watched some of the greatest Milan teams, with the greatest players to ever play this sport, struggle against relegation teams, and win via a penalty.

If playing well and having a better team than your opponents were the only thing that mattered, then teams wouldn't get in trouble for bribing refs.

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Well perhaps you’re right but I thought by this point I’d have seen something in him but I’m seriously thinking we need to sell now as I cannot see this ending well
Nobody's gonna offer us what we spent on him. We don't have a choice but to hope he does better.

For the life of me though, I don't know where he fits. He's too slow for the right-wing and too weak to play CF in Serie A (which was his primary position in Belgium but this ain't the Belgian league). Only position I'd play him is AM but again he's been average there and makes Diaz look like a world-beater.

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
CDK starts games and he ends some games but the performance levels don’t seem to budge. I was big behind this transfer but I see absolutely no redeeming things here. It’s not worked out I’m sad to say and won’t get better. Plain and simple he has to go end of the season for club and player

actrader10

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I dont understand why the ref was made to go to the screen when yesterday they just gave the goal to juve. Milan have 0 clout in seria a or europe. What happened to us?

IL Maestro

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Seedorf, Ali Sully Muntari, Massimo Ambrosini
High pressure with players suffering physically and while you are 1-0 already so instead of letting them give you space for counter attacks, you offer them the space they need
Thiaw is there but not really there, he has problems covering and he is supposed to be the middle CB so he should've marked Bia
Theo's penalty was more convincing but wouldn't have solved the problem, it would still exist
and even after the draw or even a loss, it would still exist
7 games without a win and Pioli didn't learn so he unable to see it
can't blame any player, they need a better system to give their best and they don't get a decent system and fans are booing them
now a goal from the right side without Calabria, Bia scored from the middle which isn't Tomori's position
Giroud scored his 8th goal while Bia scored his 9th, the whole attack are having a poor form
CDK gave an amazing pass to Origi, would love to watch it again tomorrow
it is not about the points you are losing, your opponents are losing more
it is about the moral, the fear you put in your opponents to make them hate playing you just like Napoli does
Napoli aren't that much stronger than Milan or Inter, they won 2-1 against Milan and lost 0-1 against Inter
but their opponents don't put much of a fight against them because they are a lot more convincing however they fight so much against Milan and Inter because they believe they can achieve something against them.

iamditi

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
When pioli did changes and put cdk ibra and origi i am sure everyone on of us expected ibra to change the game..we all knew cdk cant score tired of waiting and origi is shit..we expected a 41 year to change something before those two

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Remind me what league did Napolis winger come from?
Russian (moved to Georgia because of the war). BUT I'll also remind you they bought him for 10 million.

If CDK joined for 10 million, nobody here would be complaining. He joined for 35. Big difference. Huge risk for someone coming from the Belgian league.

ToonInvader

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Seedorf, Zidane, Inzaghi
How many points have lost this season on similar occasions??

I just can't believe it. Sometimes I feel like our players are afraid to combine and try things out.

Enough with the Hernandez-Leao-sprint-backpass and hope someone scores. Where is the fucking build-up play through the bloody centre. We haven't made a single step forward in that direction for the whole season.

Its so frustrating

RBaggio

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
pioli is a traditional guy and can learn only by experiencing. He turned to 3cb’s . It saved his job, 3 games won, Tottenham passed , only fio loss but excuse was leao and Brahim were missings. So he didn’t change the system against Salernitana. Now I think he may seen against weaker teams we should play our traditional 4-2-3-1.

The thing I can criticize him , teams’ energy was very low. We totally spent time for first 60 minutes. Then began to fight but pitch was terrible because of the rain and we were unlucky.

About substitutions Diaz and leao were horrible and he didn’t want to put 2 not mobile strikers so he subbed off giroud. Normally I would go to 4-4-2 put in tonali , ibra and florenzi put out salad, diaz and krunic. Then lots of crosses from wings because they were very weak there

It should be like

————Ibra ————Giroud
Leao—————————————-Florenzi
——————Tonali——-Bennacer
Theo———Tomori———Thiaw——-Kalulu

Anyway for now he doesn’t deserve to leave unless we can get klopp but he should definitely in top 4 or win the CL. I prefer 2nd😁

By the way the team is much weaker than last year. We lost kessie , we lost healthier ibra and we had a perfect player last year as I remember his name was Rafael leao , where he went last summer anyone knows? I didn’t see him this year

SecondStar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Goal from a corner and sideways passing all match. Our cbs were on the ball for an eternity. Slowest buildup ever. What was the point of playing with midfielders if they don’t advance the ball?

Kalulu —> Thiaw —> Mike —> Tomori —> Mike —> Thiaw —> Kalulu. Repeat.

We brought the same energy from the second leg into this match forgetting the objective isn’t to hold on for a draw but to win the match. It wasn’t until the match was virtually over that we snapped out of that. Poor, poor match.

Brahim and Leao were abysmal. Cdk and Origi were invisible coming off the bench. Pioli is an idiot.

Last edited:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Literally argue tooth and nail for Pioli’s accomplishments (which I acknowledge), but we’ve been under this manager for 3 years now, this sort of offensive output is acceptable?

Completely lack ideas. One thing is for sure, these goals where we are spread wide open will continue to happen regardless of playing 4 man or 3/5 man defense. Mike saved us from a loss today, Tata probably would have conceded on that Dia break by being glued to his line. But we get countered because we are painfully ill disciplined on offense.

Has to be questioned why we gave Pioli his extension so early. If we plan to continue with him, we need reinforcement he is familiar with and is familiar with his philosophy and system every window in addition to the young players. If we really do have higher ambitions of competing for CL in 3-5 years, Pioli has to be replaced, eventually.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
In our tactical master class we had the advantage of being willing to settle for a draw.

Today, Salernitana had that advantage.
I am always surprised how we turn up shit and then still don't up the intensity when the game isn't going our way.

Over and over this is an issue.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If the Ikone dive against Tomori was a penalty against Fiorentina, then for me, Theo should have gotten that penalty.

The VAR review of the penalty was against the rules, as there was contact, and there has to be a clear and obvious error--the ref is not supposed to make a new decision with VAR review.

Yes, terrible performance, I'm not denying that. But I want the rules to be applied consistently, and they aren't, and I can't stand that.
Ref was so weird and bad last night. Lots of small little mistakes, and kept interrupting play.

marioacm93

Milan Icon
Reaction score
CDK starts games and he ends some games but the performance levels don’t seem to budge. I was big behind this transfer but I see absolutely no redeeming things here. It’s not worked out I’m sad to say and won’t get better. Plain and simple he has to go end of the season for club and player
Give the kid a chance ffs

Schedule