Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
Our goal for the season has become ending above Monza

We're 12 points ahead, a draw is good

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i still dont love the tonali-krunic combo, both are runners, more prone to pass and move type actions than actual midfield control type stuff

neither is defensively strong or good at picking the ball up from the CBs and building up, that's not a high-possession combo to have starting
We won’t have much sustained possession again Torino anyway, nobody does.

IL Maestro

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Seedorf, Ali Sully Muntari, Massimo Ambrosini
How would 3-4-3 or 4-4-2 be any different from 4-2-3-1? seeing that all of them have 2 in the midfield and needing the support of the RM and LM
so in case you lost the ball it turns into 3-6-1 and 4-2-3-1 turns into 4-4-1-1
at least let's hope no more high pressure because it was the main problem and the rest might be fixed by some individual magic
maybe Pioli would find a reason to bench Giroud at least for Tottenham's game, then we might see some movement up the front which would allow a lot of players to play football
Torino won the first game because the players were distracted by the important CL game couple of days later then they won the Cup game because of the sudden change in formation
possibly they aren't strong enough mentally to won the third one just like Udinese couldn't maintain their good form because they are a mid table team even if they were tough.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
How would 3-4-3 or 4-4-2 be any different from 4-2-3-1? seeing that all of them have 2 in the midfield and needing the support of the RM and LM
at least let's hope no more high pressure because it was the main problem and the rest might be fixed by some individual magic
maybe Pioli would find a reason to bench Giroud at least for Tottenham's game, then we might see some movement up the front which would allow a lot of players to play football
Torino won the first game because the players were distracted by the important CL game couple of days later then they won the Cup game because of the sudden change in formation
possibly they aren't strong enough mentally to won the third one just like Udinese couldn't maintain their good form because they are a mid table team even if they were tough.

Starting formation isn’t that important.
Our defense and defensive midfield lines will be centrally more compact.
From the wings we will have danger. I’m not so worried about the wings hustle.
Biggest challenge for us is, how we will create our attacking phase from a compact system to opening up passing lines that stimulate movement towards the final third in which OliG or Origi will have to finish their chances.

IL Maestro

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Starting formation isn’t that important.
Our defense and defensive midfield lines will be centrally more compact.
From the wings we will have danger. I’m not so worried about the wings hustle.
Biggest challenge for us is, how we will create our attacking phase from a compact system to opening up passing lines that stimulate movement towards the final third in which OliG or Origi will have to finish their chances.
4-2-3-1 used to work, even with some trouble still it kind of worked
so maybe 3-4-3 could work but it is going to need pure magic from a player, because as long as Giroud is the striker there wouldn't be any space or chances to create anything
my favorite would be Rebic, he was the striker when Milan played a lot better and since he was used as a LF against Hellas Verona last year, Milan stopped finding space and creating chances at least on a regular basis
that is Milan's problem in the attacking phase, the striker doesn't really move to open up space for his team mates.

IL Maestro

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giroud wasted the only chance created against Inter
let's extract news from this statement
fans would rush to the first part which is Giroud wasted and blame him and wish for a striker who would've scored it
however the news for me would be the only chance created, that is the problem with Milan that there is no plan to create chances except using high pressure to get easy chances to score.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
4-2-3-1 used to work, even with some trouble still it kind of worked
so maybe 3-4-3 could work but it is going to need pure magic from a player, because as long as Giroud is the striker there wouldn't be any space or chances to create anything
my favorite would be Rebic, he was the striker when Milan played a lot better and since he was used as a LF against Hellas Verona last year, Milan stopped finding space and creating chances at least on a regular basis
that is Milan's problem in the attacking phase, the striker doesn't really move to open up space for his team mates.
I like Rebic a lot but he has a run of 3-4 excellent matches but then disappears for 20matches. I still believe in him tho.

I expect Origi to switch places and be a solution for the movement phase in our attack.

IL Maestro

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I like Rebic a lot but he has a run of 3-4 excellent matches but then disappears for 20matches. I still believe in him tho.

I expect Origi to switch places and be a solution for the movement phase in our attack.
Maybe Origi could do it
but the good thing about Rebic is that he does it on his own, he keeps on moving and confusing the opponent's defense
even Giroud could do it if the coach bothered to tell him, he moves with France and they all score
anyway Diaz, Messias, Pobega, Theo they could all score if there was any space to advance into
the problem is sometimes Krunic and Salemakers are the ones playing when there is space and both can't score!

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
2 of my colleagues are asking who this is for research purposes.
A Croatian girl who became popular during the Qatar world cup. You can find out everything about her from her Instagram tbh.

A chick so fine the Qatari government sanctioned her thottery :proud:

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
We do reach a mental problem more than a tactical problem.

I think the team have learn a lot this month about arrogance. Just need to be humble and play in whatever tactical it is.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
A Croatian girl who became popular during the Qatar world cup. You can find out everything about her from her Instagram tbh.

A chick so fine the Qatari government sanctioned her thottery :proud:
Thats nice. :)

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Have all day training so wont be able to watch live - will check out the score and then watch replay.

Hope this is the turning point.
Forza Milan

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
At least we will see Thiaw from first minute.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If we get cought on the counter with a 3-4-3 there is a much higher chance that we have at least the 3 cb formed and because no CM needs to drop into the defence there is also a bigger chance to have a more cohesive CM.
4-2-3-1 is pretty good formation, 3-4-3 is surely not better but hopefully safer.

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
I'll be slinging whisky all night, with an eye on the iPad... I've got a good feeling about tonight, I saw something in the team against Merda; all is not lost!!!!

Forza Milan and slainte ✌️

DonSilvio

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva
I'll be slinging whisky all night, with an eye on the iPad... I've got a good feeling about tonight, I saw something in the team against Merda; all is not lost!!!!

Forza Milan and slainte ✌️
Agreed. They did show some promise in that 2nd half. Then again anything would look better than that abomination they put out in the first half

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Best player
Kalu-----Thiaw----Kjaer----Theo
-------Tona--Vran----Kru
Rebic--------Origi------------Leao

Schedule