Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
49 - 46 Till, that's a new low, even for scouser scum.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Was it a good fight?

As far as a Karate/Kickbox combo fight yeah, otherwise not so much.

Bisping retired officially, sadly due to his eye mostly. The guy was a warrior, fought clean all his life, props to the man :star:

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Was it a good fight?

It was depressing. I expected Wonderboy to do what he did but I didn't expect Till to go at the same speed.

It might be interesting for kickboxing guys, but I would've liked more aggression. Doesn't have to be just bleed full throttle insanity but that was too much hugging, high fiving and tapping hands for me personally.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wonderboy is too much of a nice guy, you can easily argue that he was robbed in that fight, and the guy didn't make any fuss about it.

Hopefully the next UFC card will actually be good, cause it has potential...but we all know what usually happens with super hyped up fights :D

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well he did say that he'd win the fight if it was anywhere outside of Liverpool. But in the end he said no excuses and I think that's the best approach since no moaning or whining will improve things. I'd score the fight 4-1 or 3-2 for him, with round 5 clearly going to Till but he knew he was in Liverpool and he knew how shitty judges can be. He needed to show more presence and be more active to be undeniable in his win.

I'm hoping Whittaker Romero 2 goes the distance, that's going to be a great fight - just hope Romero manages his gas tank better.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I had till winning the fight, don't see how you could score that for wonderboy.

it's one thing to be on the back foot and piece someone up on the counter, he was barely landing and landed less over 5 rounds.

when you put someone who knows how to strike with wonderboy, he's god awful to watch.

ufc 225 is the best card in ages, UFC has been mostly abysmal since the start of 2017.

Last edited:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I had till winning the fight, don't see how you could score that for wonderboy.

it's one thing to be on the back foot and piece someone up on the counter, he was barely landing and landed less over 5 rounds.

when you put someone who knows how to strike with wonderboy, he's god awful to watch.

ufc 225 is the best card in ages, UFC has been mostly abysmal since the start of 2017.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Romero misses weight :/ no title

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Don't care as long as the fight happens.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
this sport is the definition of amateur hour

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I mean yeah, it would be much better if Romero had a chance to win the title, but he blew it and I'm pretty disappointed by him. I expected better.

The fight is still going to be great, I am sure of that and that matters more to me than belts.

But they should force him up to LHW after this - if we're talking about harder punishment, that's up there.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I mean yeah, it would be much better if Romero had a chance to win the title, but he blew it and I'm pretty disappointed by him. I expected better.

The fight is still going to be great, I am sure of that and that matters more to me than belts.

But they should force him up to LHW after this - if we're talking about harder punishment, that's up there.

95% of them would be easy work

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
A level sport :lol:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
i like both whittaker and romero. May the better fighter win tonight. Good luck. I got romero by vicious ko in the 3rd round again.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yoel vs Whittaker was absolutely fantastic. Feeling absolutely blessed to watch these two - shame about Yoel's age, wish I could watch him forever but at least we got Robert.

Should've been draw or win for Romero - Robert won 3 rounds but Yoel absolutely dominated the fifth and you could score his other round as a 10-8 too maybe - Judges got a lot wrong today, as per usual

Last edited:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yoel vs Whittaker was absolutely fantastic. Feeling absolutely blessed to watch these two - shame about Yoel's age, wish I could watch him forever but at least we got Robert.

Should've been draw or win for Romero - Robert won 3 rounds but Yoel absolutely dominated the fifth and you could score his other round as a 10-8 too maybe - Judges got a lot wrong today, as per usual

Last 2 fights were bad decisions

In my opinion

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Last 2 fights were bad decisions

In my opinion

Yes, fully agree. I had RDA winning 3-2 against Colby. Yes, Colby walked forward but he really didn't do much then hold RDA against the wall. RDA scored the big hits in the fight. Colby's striking was very ineffective, missing a lot.

Now I'll grant you, I am not a grappler and don't understand the finer nuances of it, so obviously I can't score that reliably, but I felt RDA did more significant damage imo. Also Colby struggled to take RDA down while RDA did it effortlessly it seems.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Yes, fully agree. I had RDA winning 3-2 against Colby. Yes, Colby walked forward but he really didn't do much then hold RDA against the wall. RDA scored the big hits in the fight. Colby's striking was very ineffective, missing a lot.

Now I'll grant you, I am not a grappler and don't understand the finer nuances of it, so obviously I can't score that reliably, but I felt RDA did more significant damage imo. Also Colby struggled to take RDA down while RDA did it effortlessly it seems.

Colby was really good with the way he leans forward creates pressure with his shoulder. Even if he does nothing, just by leaning forwards he now creates a lot of weight Dos Anjos must now match or get completely ran over and taken down. Even if Dos Anjos leans back, because of the size difference he is losing the "metabolic exchange" of the fight.

I knew that would be his strategy, and many others before him employ similar strategies (Couture vs. Vera), but I would have liked to see him do more damage and use those situations to gain additional control and not just try to wear down RDA. RDA also landed more consistently IMO, that's why I had it for RDA because I feel like "octagon control" is one of the factors but should not be what determines a fight.

And CM Punk :fp:

That was such a Rizin (or previous JMMA) type match up.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bobby won that, no doubt about it. And fuck Yoel, the guy is a cheating cunt. Second time he misses wait in a row, stool gate etc.

Really disappointed with RDA...also the card was shite overall.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Bobby won that, no doubt about it. And fuck Yoel, the guy is a cheating cunt. Second time he misses wait in a row, stool gate etc.

first wonderboy and now whittaker, you have no problems being super biased :D

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
first wonderboy and now whittaker, you have no problems being super biased :D

How exactly am i biased? Did Yoel not cheat in the last too fights? 1, 2, 4 Robert, he closed Gay Jesus eye with a broken hand.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Your judgement for that fight is so off, you might just be an actual ref :lol:

If that fifth round wasn't a 10:8 for Yoel, then no round is. Robert was on deaths door, the round was entirely about Yoel trying to finish Robert while Rob was in full survival mode. Props to him for not going to sleep but he was dominated in that round.

Didn't the majority of the media score the fight as a draw and/or win for Romero too?

And wow - he came in 0.2 lbs overweight, big deal. That didn't change the fight at all.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
should have been a draw

btw regardless of the decision, tons of respect for robert whittaker. he's a fantastic fighter with a great attitude, hard to root against this guy.

Last edited:

Schedule