Official: Friendlies

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
3rd time seeing Simic and i believe he can be the 5th CB, maybe even climb up the ranks slowly. He plays more maturely than his age.
considering how much we paid for him as a primavera player, im guessing he's rated internally

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
No need to see Messias the rest of preseason

Also Simic didn't stick out at all (even though Real playing without a striker). Hope he gets to play the whole match.

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Moncada and Pioli could have sold him, but they haven't yet, so go write them an angry letter and send it to them. I'm not taking complaints anymore.
You need a buyer to sell. Other teams must be blind for not seeing his "talents"

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Also Simic didn't stick out at all (even though Real playing without a striker). Hope he gets to play the whole match.
FrMgNbuWcAAr-Le.jpg

conceit.jpg

terzino1899

Primavera
Reaction score
No need to see Messias the rest of preseason

Yeah true, but for me, a CB that is not prominent shows the team is defending as a unit well and tha his positioning/coverage is resulting in nothing heading his way. Surprised that he played as last man a few times and caught an offiside of two.

Hope he gets more opportunities and improves more...

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Liked what I saw, Pulisic and RLC both playing good. I think Pulisic is 100% a starter but not sure about RLC. Reason being, I’m not sure his best trait (power/running) will be important against teams that sit back and defend, still a lot to prove.

One thing that concerns me is as it stands, our best midfield for the first game is Reijnders - Krunic - RLC. Can that midfield control tempo and break a team down?

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
Liked what I saw, Pulisic and RLC both playing good. I think Pulisic is 100% a starter but not sure about RLC. Reason being, I’m not sure his best trait (power/running) will be important against teams that sit back and defend, still a lot to prove.

One thing that concerns me is as it stands, our best midfield for the first game is Reijnders - Krunic - RLC. Can that midfield control tempo and break a team down?
we really need an actual CDM

i barely trust krunic as the main cdm backup but if we're going into next season with him as our starter all our other efforts will have been in vain. there's no balance in the midfield without a legit anchor

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score

Yes. Against most Serie A sides, this midfield is good enough.

But I rather sell Pobega (and maybe Adli) and improve that midfield further. Add a DM that can rotate with Krunic. And 1 more box-tobox midfielder.

Dominguez along with Musah would be great.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
RLC was good defensively but I felt he felt lost offensively…

We need a DM. That should be our priority for the rest of the market
idk, a couple of times he played some "bad" passes but i felt like colombo was bad at filling the lanes as well, he was running shoulder to shoulder with his marker instead of running into space

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
I do think, given the lists quota, Pobega is a decent player to keep in a 4-3-3.
He is no way similar to Ambrosini and will be useless like last year in a double pivot.
I see him more like a Pasalic, Nocerino type player who will make late runs into the box and score some useful goals. He is a pretty decent option as a box to box.

pippofan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivera, Altafini, Maldini, Nesta, Baresi, Prati, Van Basten, Kaka`, Albertini, Gullit
Very impressed with this half. Cheek is a tank and very fast, Pulisic exudes class and does everything well. Fik is playing really well and Simic doesn't seem intimidated at all and made some nice stops, while Calabria looks much better than last season. Our pressing has been phenomenal and now we have the depth to substitute starters without losing much in talent. And I feel so much more confident with Sportiello in goal ove Tata. Good job boys!

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
I'm shocked that we're not just beating Madrid, we're comfortably outplaying them.

When I saw their XI and ours, I thought we were going to be in trouble, but we've had a bunch of guys impress me

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
RLC was good defensively but I felt he felt lost offensively…
He really should have been molded into a DM earlier in his career.

He looks like a really skilled CB playing CM because his team is winning and the striker is playing keeper.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
we really need an actual CDM

i barely trust krunic as the main cdm backup but if we're going into next season with him as our starter all our other efforts will have been in vain. there's no balance in the midfield without a legit anchor
I think it depends on when Bennacer is supposed to come back. The range of his estimated return was pretty wide. Perhaps it is a sign that things are better for him?

Because in this 433 I think he'd be a very good regista, especially with physical workhorses in RLC and Tijjani.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
Didn't watch the 1st half, how did Simic play?
worth mentioning that real is playing with bums up front but he didnt look overwhelmed / like a youth player