there's no way in hell i'd sell abate, here's why:
1) i think he should start at rb with de sciglio at lb even tho constant was good in the last game
2)even with de sciglio and constant starting we need cover, antonini is no adequate replacement
3) i think he's better than other people think so. he made 1 very high profile mistake against inter that ill never forget but remember, this was the guy battering ashley cole into his own box a few months ago in the euros. our fullbacks in general should attack more, the best teams do, look at real madrid/ barca/ juve. good fullbacks/ wingbacks need to attack well imagine if we had constant v/s bologna on BOTH FLANKS, EVERY GAME. abate is the best going foreword.
4) i don't think zenit will pay us much, they know we need money we'll take anything
5) this will be bad for the national team
6) its another blow for serie a, after sneijder and countless other players
7) people talk as if its 100% guaranteed the money will be reinvested. with the money from shevchenko, kaka, silva, ibrahimovich and pato we could have bought an entire first 11 of quality players but where are they?
8) the player they are talking about buying (balotelli) isn't needed, pazzini is fine for now and niang will suffer for it
9)balo is overpriced. city don't want to make a loss i understand that but the only reason they paid so much in the first place is because they're city.
10) balo scares the living shit out of me. i always support him but the truth is theres no telling what he could do. milan already gets terrible press the last thing we need are daily updates on marios crazy defender. that is all the football world will ever hear about milan.
11) our club has a fantastic tradition and world recognised reputation for having home grown players. Abate came through the youth ranks and he's one of us milan through and through. the guy had to endure countless loan spells and co ownerships before getting a chance. I know balo is a milan fan but am i the only one that remembers he used to wear the blue and black? sorry i've just never endeared to pazzini, ibra and others because of this pirlo is the only exception.
12) we'd have to offer balo massive wages. in 2 years time the president will probably say "we can save 40m if we sell him, we have no choice" then we'll be left with no abate and no balo as well
13) too much typing my brain hurts