Official: Ignazio Abate Thread

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I really like Abate but I'm not going to cry if they decide to cash in on him & bring a LB for that money in the summer (if that's what Seedorf wants?)

However I'd prefer him to stay, things can still turn around until the end of the season, forza Igna

milanazkals

Basketball player
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Van Bommel, Donnarumma, Alaba, Grealish
Still rate him higher than De Sciglio in RB. He has the pace to help the CBs defend when they fuck up. One of the best current milan player on defending counters.

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
Abate is actually a hard working, milan loving guy who always has shown passion, and played well season after season at right back.

He is good enough, more than good enough and honestly we cant replace him, and really we dont need to.
Mattia left back, abate right back, rami and zapata defenders this season. New cb next season.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I don't give a fuck about his crossing, we need competent defenders.

urby is not prime dani alves at attack or even 1/10 as good so we can't ignore his defensive weaknesses.

Yeah, we need competent defenders, but why not put Bonera at RB? He's better than any other solutions at RB... Abate is good, but he's not perfect, we have better options with De Sciglio - of course, in a perfect world, we'd have Abate and De Sciglio, but we won't, we'll have one of two, and Abate shows a lot more issue towards learning how to attack effectively.

Urby isn't great defensively, but he's not awful attacking-wise.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
The tactics play a big role in this as well. Fullbacks have to provide movement in this formation rather than in the previous, more static tactic under Allegri. Like I said, I'd gladly sacrifice that extra defensive security to play Urby. We've scored at least 3 goals this season already as a direct result of his crosses. In such a poor season, that's a good statistic in his favour.

Bonera or Abate are good options for a defensive decent fullback. I dont think we should be going for that in this tactic.

Also only man to breach Italy defense

:lol:

I understand your reasoning but with our limited resources I'd rather we addressed GK and CB and stick with Abate at RB, than try and get a new RB and limp on with the rest of our troubled defence. It's more about priorities than perfection at this moment in time.

Of course. Fullback is absolutely not the biggest concern now. We're better off than almost every other team in the league in this department.

Also, I don't want a new RB. Where did I say that? I'm absolutely fine with Emanuelson at LB and De Sciglio at RB. It's working better than most of our other departments.

Cashing in on Abate is an opportunity that cannot be overlooked as well.

asd

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Cashing in on Abate? But why the club is already too full, if we want to save money save on wages and drop bad players not good ones. We're not missing out on Ljajic, Tevez, Sakho etc because of money but because of reputation and selling off great players doesn't help at all. Even Adel Taabart and Harry Redknapp and everyone else know this.

Here Abate being offensive, all it takes is good ball playing mids and decent attackers, not Muntari and Birsa. Now that we have Honda and Montolivo is back in the mid where he belongs maybe Abate will improve. He has so far only made one sub appearance and our game noticeably improved. Urby is a 1m reject from Ajax a club that knows who has potential and who doesn't, sure he had two crosses ooooooh la dee da, he also gave a penalty to Genoa and played an attacker onside vs Torino costing us 4 points vs piss easy teams. Also I bought his shirt fuck everything about him being benched.

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, we need competent defenders, but why not put Bonera at RB? He's better than any other solutions at RB... Abate is good, but he's not perfect, we have better options with De Sciglio - of course, in a perfect world, we'd have Abate and De Sciglio, but we won't, we'll have one of two, and Abate shows a lot more issue towards learning how to attack effectively.

Urby isn't great defensively, but he's not awful attacking-wise.

bonera is too slow now to play at fullback, he'd get skinned every time.

I don't think urby is awful in attack, but he's not on a level where we can ignore his defensive shortcomings for what he brings for the attack.

Poker

Man of the Match
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, Serginho, Maldini, Seedorf,SeS, T.Silva, Ibrahimovic, Pjanic, Verratti,Salah
RCB in 3 man backline;)

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
bonera is too slow now to play at fullback, he'd get skinned every time..

this is actually happening right now...and the dude is playing CB (recall immobile twisting bonera's nuts with a half-step over)

so it leads one to wonder, why is he starting...at all?

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Three men defense with abate :proud: how do you guys come up with this amount of crap?

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Abate's crossing isnt anywhere near as bad as many claim it is.

Urby's crossing isnt that much better

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
he's not a good central player

he's best at speeding up & down the right wing and blokking a ball or two while defending

Excellent summary.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Bf-enb1IQAA6ZkN.jpg

asd

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Was solid wherever he was defending at, yea his attacking could be better but maybe if Robinho wasn't our CAM and this wasn't Essien's first game it would've gone better imo. Not sure how people think Bonera+Urby would be secure enough and losing Abate would be acceptable, not even De Sciligo is as good at defending had to get saved by Abate a few times.

dhorasoo

data haiku
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pirlo, kinkladze, baggio, foggia, baronio, dhorasoo, serginho, caracciolo, ronaldo, pep & corini
Was even more surprised by him starting AMR, than when Saponara was in the first 11 against Inter.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Abate is now a very good right back and that is where he should play with De Siglico at LB. Abate did nothing in his first half position last night and Urby is a terrible left back.

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Hope to see Abate getting back into the starting XI, Constant and Urby shouldn't be the starting LBs...

Does Abate's contract expire in 2015?

Brutalitops

El Tigre Chino
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Reus, Abate, De Sciglio, Ibrahimovic, Nesta, David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Poli, Cavani, ElSha
Missed him last night, rather have DES in LB and him on the right, I hope he starts vs. AM

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Abate is actually a hard working, milan loving guy who always has shown passion, and played well season after season at right back.

He is good enough, more than good enough and honestly we cant replace him, and really we dont need to.
Mattia left back, abate right back, rami and zapata defenders this season. New cb next season.

:thumbsup:

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
What a vital clearance!
Been very good since his introduction.

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
awesome so far, and looking cool too.

Really hope he can continue to help us widen the play, and those long balls to balotelli have been really helpful. Mario is on today, so give him the ball as much as possible

iraqi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
super pippo - rino - kaka' - ancelotti - rui costa - van bommel - maldini
milito wasnt playin u fuck ! so why u act like its christmas !!!!!

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Hardly his fault they scored, it wasnt a great header, definitely not, but the sent the ball 30 feet into the air, costa still managed to wait for it to drop and have time to make it a powerful header. Fucking Bonera stood beside him and did nothing.

Had momets of really good play, and, its his first time playing in quite some time for nearly the full game.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
fuckkk youuuuuuuu you fucking piece of shitttttttttttttt, always my worst nightmare in big games, fucking alwaysssss