Official: Ignazio Abate Thread

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.
he's fast i'll give you that. but his crosses are awful and his defending make bonera looking world class.

wc defending@0:36

Real merda attitude...

2-3 blunder for noobz = shit

Dutchie-Milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I dont see him as a great prospect,like you guys said,the only thing this guy has is speed.If you take the speed away from him,you just have a ordinary guy who wouldnt even become a professional footballplayer.

We all want to believe he has what it takes to become great because he is young and has allot of grit,we like that.But lets be realistic.....

I think we shouldnt sell him,just loan him out for a year to a small club like Brescia,Lecce etc.Or a midtable team.

Mrk

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Sheva
We don't need him on RB. He is shite, all he can do is run and occasionally tackle. Zambrotta is much better at this moment in time and i don't see Abate improving so much to as even break into the Italy squad, let alone become a World Class RB. We need a great RB and in my opinion we should split play between Bonera and Zambrotta. Bonera might have fallen far over the last few years, but he can do a helluva job at RB, like against ManUtd and on Sunday. For a defensive WB ala Abidal. He is perfect, for games when they need to be more adventurous and still have a spine - Zambrotta should play.

Agree with this

M

MassterMark

We don't need him on RB. He is shite, all he can do is run and occasionally tackle. Zambrotta is much better at this moment in time and i don't see Abate improving so much to as even break into the Italy squad, let alone become a World Class RB. We need a great RB and in my opinion we should split play between Bonera and Zambrotta. Bonera might have fallen far over the last few years, but he can do a helluva job at RB, like against ManUtd and on Sunday. For a defensive WB ala Abidal. He is perfect, for games when they need to be more adventurous and still have a spine - Zambrotta should play.

if not abate, than definitly NOT zambrotta or bonera. first is old & shit, secont is only defender.
if abate goes, we should give chance to someone from primavera. if those two losers can play on RB, than some youngster can too.:rolleyes:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
No.

Zambrotta is old but still miles ahead of Abate. He attacks better and defends better.

Bonera is a much better defender and adds stability. He might not be very fast but he is our best RB defensively without a doubt.

Abate can go fuck off, he is useless. He is a RW who can't attack for shit, he can tackle alright but is a bad defender.

He is not Milan quality and should be shipped off ASAP.

alipato7

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka maldini nesta ronaldinho pato t.silva
Fiorentina Want Milan Winger Ignazio Abate - Report
Abate appears to be on his way out of Milan this summer...

By Stefan Coerts
Aug 24, 2010 11:05:00 AM
Photo GalleryZoomIgnazio Abate - Milan (Getty Images)
Related Links
Teams
Fiorentina
Milan
Players
Ignazio Abate
Versatile wide man Ignazio Abate appears to be on his way out of Serie A titans Milan as Fiorentina have shown an interest in signing the 23-year-old, if a report in Corriere dello Sport is to be believed.

Abate is a product of the Milan youth academy and was farmed out on loan to Napoli, Sampdoria, Piacenza, Modena, Empoli and Torino over a number of seasons before returning to the San Siro in the summer of 2009.

The promising midfielder quickly became an integral first team member at the Rossoneri last season and Abate was hopeful of holding on to his starting berth under new head coach Massimiliano Allegri.

However, Allegri has supposedly told Abate that he's no longer needed at Milan and could therefore be offloaded this transfer window.

Fiorentina's head coach Sinisa Mihajlovic has reportedly asked technical director Pantaleo Corvino to make a move for the wing-back and the Viola could make a loan move for Abate in the upcoming days.

link:http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/ital...entina-want-milan-winger-ignazio-abate-report

sorry if it has already been posted but this could be a good idea he wont get much first team chances and he would develop well with feorentina if he impresses we keep him if not we sell him

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
No.

Zambrotta is old but still miles ahead of Abate. He attacks better and defends better.

Bonera is a much better defender and adds stability. He might not be very fast but he is our best RB defensively without a doubt.

Abate can go fuck off, he is useless. He is a RW who can't attack for shit, he can tackle alright but is a bad defender.

He is not Milan quality and should be shipped off ASAP.

most of members here think if player is young than he's world class. i said it before many times and i say it now, i don't know what you smoke but zambro is our best fullback by far and not abate, antonini or papa who isn't even fullback.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Performance wise Antonini >> Zambrotta. Zambrotta has not played well in while.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

I'm kinda seeing improvement in the offensive side of his game as well. Granted Zambrotta is more talented and still classy, but Bonera gives us a bit more stability I think.

Of course the dude never stays fit through a season.

Mrk

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Sheva
Performance wise Antonini >> Zambrotta. Zambrotta has not played well in while.

He's been impressive in pre-season from what i've seen, he still has the pace and stamina to play.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I really dont think we should rely on zambro 4 a whole season. Yes he been good the last few games but a tired zambro tends to fall apart completely.

Tosho

Primavera
Reaction score
i don't care if they kick out a 23 year old player with chances of being a decent player with a litle more work, just as long as they keep Odo, Zambrota, Jankulovski and Bonera.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Yes. But Abate is worse than those sans Janku and Kala and he can only improve a little. It's not like he has the world at his feet is it?

M

MassterMark

lol

ppl here putting shitty zambrotta like reference for milan's material

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Tosho

Primavera
Reaction score
i guarantee that he can atleast be in Antonini's level in a year if given the right position and chance..and id rather keep him for that time with his small salary then keep the useless ungrateful parazit scum.

I know he's no Maicon or Aaron Lenon but he deserves another year to prove himself...ffs its the 6th year since i am waiting for Bonera and Jankulovski to show some football and now Abate its the problem :O

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Stop being so biased.

Zambrotta might be at the end of his career. But he is still consistently better than Abate. Stop being so ridiculous with your assertions that every young player is better than an older counterpart.

I'll ask you a question. Who is better? Ronaldinho or Ganso?

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Bahahahahahaha.

Sorry Masster. But you just crossed into my 'don't bother to argue with' group.

M

MassterMark

Bahahahahahaha.

Sorry Masster. But you just crossed into my 'don't bother to argue with' group.

no prob. personal choice. but I will ask at the end of the season what have we won with ronaldinho in charge;)

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
It's different because we don't have Ganso.

It's just simply ridiculous saying that Ganso is the better player now. Dinho might have fallen a bit, but he is still one of the best in the world. Ganso is still a talent from Brazil.

That would be like me saying that Pato was better than Sheva in 2006. Not true. It has happened now and Pato is currently better. Not better than Sheva prime obviously, but still. Same with Dinho and Ganso.

You just love youth and it's fair enough. Just making biased choices and complaining about the management to them seems kinda stupid. Don't you think?

It's like how in your midfield you have no-one better than Pirlo there, yet Pirlo currently plays for us.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's different because we don't have Ganso.

It's just simply ridiculous saying that Ganso is the better player now. Dinho might have fallen a bit, but he is still one of the best in the world. Ganso is still a talent from Brazil.

That would be like me saying that Pato was better than Sheva in 2006. Not true. It has happened now and Pato is currently better. Not better than Sheva prime obviously, but still. Same with Dinho and Ganso.

You just love youth and it's fair enough. Just making biased choices and complaining about the management to them seems kinda stupid. Don't you think?

It's like how in your midfield you have no-one better than Pirlo there, yet Pirlo currently plays for us.

but... but... ronaldinho is 2 old

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Abate should go to the Premier league. They have only one demand there:

Can you run fast in a straight line? CHECK

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Pato, Boateng, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Fabregas, Essien, Ganso, Seedorf
i have no idea how shite he can go

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
I take it back... he actually had a good game from the goal onwards.

He is too good for premier league.

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.
FU Haters. He's our best RB. Barca match prove that.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Schedule