Official: Ignazio Abate Thread

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Rofl. Niff Nuffs with egg on their faces, again! To make matters worse, for them, he actually whipped in some sublime crosses! Back-to-back solid performances for the National team. Bravo!

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
I am just glad he is getting games against five star opposition. Makes a better fullback for Milan.

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
what a beast right back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wonderful!!!
he silenced both Young vs A.Cole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Perfect match for him!!!! Maggio cant compare to Abate now!!!!
congratulation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::star::star::star::star::star::proud::proud::proud::proud:

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Abate did well but Prandelli was smart to sub him for Maggio at 90 mins. England put on Walcott to peg back Balzaretti, so Italy needed consistent energy down the wing and Maggio offers that and has more experience than Abate who can be prone to a mistake when tired.

prandelli is only cautious about abate's injury. anyway, Abate showed he is top right back in europe now!!!!!!!!!:star::star::star::star::star::star:

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
He had 2 today so based on what I see in this thread. 2 crosses mean

Top 10 RB in the world.
World class performance.
Excellent game.
Superior to Maggio.

He is superior to Maggio, I don't get why people like you persist with the sarcasm :fp:

if you honestly think Maggio is a better RB then Abate then you're delusional beyond belief. Abate's speed alone makes him a better RB, let alone his defensive mindfulness and ability to drag the game from italy's corner to englands half via one sprint :fp: :fp:

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Redman10 View Post

1 good cross is a MOTM performance.
1 assist means he is better than Cafu.
Shutting down C. Ronaldo and Eto'o with Gattuso help means he is an elite defender.
Nesta shut down Messi means Abate did it.
Abate cross can't bypass the first man or ends up in row Z means Ibra and Pato movement was poor.
Who Redman10??? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::o:o:o:o:o lol funny post :D:D:D:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
abate showed that he matured and will turn world class in his position!!! :proud::proud::proud::proud:

Nedved

Juventino
Reaction score
I don't think he has what it takes become "world class" but I think he can become a very solid RB.

There are very few fullbacks I'd consider world class nowadays.

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
I don't think he has what it takes become "world class" but I think he can become a very solid RB.

if blocking out eto'o, rooney, ashley cole/young, cry from games doesn't put you not he path to becoming wc then idk what does lol.

Nedved

Juventino
Reaction score
I think that nowadays, a fullback needs to give something offensively to be world class, which Abate doesn't. This is the main reason for which I don't regard Lichtsteiner as being world class, as his crossing is bellow par.

He's very solid defensively, though.

Fiero

Reaction score
Props to Abate, he's been really good so far.

That's because Milito doesn't play in the Euros.

if blocking out eto'o, rooney, ashley cole/young, cry from games doesn't put you not he path to becoming wc then idk what does lol.

Yes, single handedly throwing away three derbies definitely means he is on the path to being world class.

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score

yeah! i only predict :D, but he is very close World class!:star:

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score

He only had a very shit Ashley Young to contend. If you compare him to Ashley Cole, Abate is nothing more than a decent player. I like him, works hard, quick, but he can't cross, makes some stupid mistakes and offers nothing more than a distraction going forward.

And no, one good cross in 200 does not make him a good crosser.

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
That's because Milito doesn't play in the Euros.

Yes, single handedly throwing away three derbies definitely means he is on the path to being world class.

never scoring against chelsea from open play for like 4-5 matches now in a row doesn't put anyone on the path to world class either but noone can die messi is the best in the world :fp: i don't see how your logic makes sense.

http://juventuz.com

i heard they're recruiting for new members and ud fit the bill :lol:

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He only had a very shit Ashley Young to contend. If you compare him to Ashley Cole, Abate is nothing more than a decent player. I like him, works hard, quick, but he can't cross, makes some stupid mistakes and offers nothing more than a distraction going forward.

do you honestly think it's a coincidence when abate plays with an amazing midfield that he can finally cross? at milan he's often left isolated and with no players in the box his crosses end up nowhere and he tries to win the corner. like i've said a million times before, just for his speed alone, abate is class, let alone his defensive ability. he offers so much to milans and italy's offence. abate is becoming a key part to italy and milan whether you want to accept this or not, and he is slowly becoming wc. i'm not claiming that abate is better then an inform cole, but he can be. RB's usually hit their peak at 28-30.

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, De Sciglio, Pirlo, Maldini, Baresi, Donadoni, Suarez
:thumbsup:
do you honestly think it's a coincidence when abate plays with an amazing midfield that he can finally cross? at milan he's often left isolated and with no players in the box his crosses end up nowhere and he tries to win the corner. like i've said a million times before, just for his speed alone, abate is class, let alone his defensive ability. he offers so much to milans and italy's offence. abate is becoming a key part to italy and milan whether you want to accept this or not, and he is slowly becoming wc. i'm not claiming that abate is better then an inform cole, but he can be. RB's usually hit their peak at 28-30.

Agree. Abate is Milans most underrated player among fans.

Blade of Faith

A New Hope
Reaction score
Abate's 80 min performance shit on Maggio's 40 min.
Just made a single flaw, when he lost a duel with Rooney. It doesn't matter.

Fiero

Reaction score
never scoring against chelsea from open play for like 4-5 matches now in a row doesn't put anyone on the path to world class either but noone can die messi is the best in the world :fp: i don't see how your logic makes sense.

http://juventuz.com

i heard they're recruiting for new members and ud fit the bill :lol:

jb5EL.jpg

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score

This is exactly what I talking. A good performance versus a shit England squad now put him on the path to world class. :lol::lol: and the funny thing is they go to great lengths to justify this; he shut down Ashley Young and Ashley Cole.

Really? Ashley Young? Like that some impressive achievement and the Ashley Cole is even more hilarious considering England only having about 37% of the ball and sitting deep for most of the game meaning Cole hardly ever really went on the offensive. So, Cole not attacking = Abate shut him down :lol:.

Get ready next, he shut down Ozil and Götze (Him being on the bench = Abate shut him down)

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Lulz!

Redman10 needs some canoodling at night to dispel all his blind hate. :lol:

obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

Last edited:

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Milan should be content with the fact that he is a youth product who is good enough for us... he may not be Cafu or Zanetti, but at least he can do the basics well and is someone you can rely on... he is prone to an occasional mistake but this was never his original role and for someone who started playing RB so recently its very quick progress that he is holding down the NT spot for himself. I am proud of Igna, I get the feeling that if he can remain free of any serious injuries (inshallah) he can become a dependable senatore for Milan in the long run and teach the younger generations a thing or two about what it takes to be part of this team.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan should be content with the fact that he is a youth product who is good enough for us... he may not be Cafu or Zanetti, but at least he can do the basics well and is someone you can rely on... he is prone to an occasional mistake but this was never his original role and for someone who started playing RB so recently its very quick progress that he is holding down the NT spot for himself. I am proud of Igna, I get the feeling that if he can remain free of any serious injuries (inshallah) he can become a dependable senatore for Milan in the long run and teach the younger generations a thing or two about what it takes to be part of this team.

Mm-hm. They should!

However, we have wonderful 'Milan supporters' here who love to berate those players that bleed red and black for the club. For shame!

AnTakTau

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Borriello, Abate, Pato, Akinfeev, El Shaarawy
acerвιc wιт;1396965 said:
Mm-hm. They should!

However, we have wonderful 'Milan supporters' here who love to berate those players that bleed red and black for the club. For shame!

:thumbsup:

its a shame that they never learn and respect their own player. :fp:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
abate is a good player against everyone except milito. Milito just got that mental advantage over him, thats why he gets nervous whenever he plays him.

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
Abate owned Young. Of course it's not that important since Young is piece of turd, but it shows Abate is more than adequate for Milan.

He's way better than Maggio. Maggio wouldn't have come in if he wasn't injured.

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
Look at that determination and that face. Lulz

x610.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg