Official: Ignazio Abate Thread

milan88

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Flamini, De Rosario, Ronaldinho, Nesta, Inzaghi, Bonera, Montolivo, Rooney, Kaka
Played a mediocre match which didn’t surprise me, but something about his face changed, Idk he looks different

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Least of the worst of the back four; however, that's not really saying much.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
says a lot when he was the best defender for Italy today. :lol: :fp:

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
Fucked up on the second goal, but made a goal-line clearance, and he put in a cross that Di Natale had to finsih

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
acerвιc wιт;1402343 said:
Least of the worst of the back four; however, that's not really saying much.

Juve defence was really horrible last night. I hope Chilellini carries this form into next season's Serie A. :lol:

Abate did ok in a horrible Italy team.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
says a lot when he was the best defender for Italy today. :lol: :fp:

Ignazio is always class when defending. Almost always anyway, leave out all the derbys.

I never thought i would ever say this but to an extent abate has turned into ronaldinho. In the sense that he barely ever these days tracks back the way he should. He just jogs back casually now days when he looses the ball on the wing or the when the other team is countering. Where your work ethics gone boy? 1 great cross:O thoe, thats also kinda ronaldinhoish.

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
?????
I love this forum. First you guys wanted him out then to be our captain in the future. Now, after he played an ok Euro Final!!! where he was the best defender while the least experienced in a game that was lost due to the worst possible tactics by Prandelli in his life you call him average again? To start with: Italy played the most organised guy as LB and when Chellini was out then there was noone organising back 4. Chellini played LB vs Iniesta which was a joke. Playing a wing back Abate with 3 CB against Spain was a joke to start with. Italy or should play Maggio who is more of a classical/Italian RB or play 4CB and no FB at all.
Midfield was also set as a joke vs Spain. The game lost before even starter however Prandelli made them play attacking football and anyone would take silver before the tournament started as an optimistic dream. Honestly, guys this forum looks like filled with bi-polar disorder.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
that cross to Di Natale was quality. he defended pretty well other than the second goal. still looked like he belongs overall. hopefully he continues as Italy's RB through the WC

leopard190

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fabregas, Yaya, TS33, Abidal, MVB, Abbiati
Seems like he learned how cross and if this translates to Milan then we'll be set with him for a while. His defense has always been a strong point for him bar a few derbies.

Xudong

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Like him or not, he is going to spend his career with Milan. May as well support him. :)

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
?????
I love this forum. First you guys wanted him out then to be our captain in the future. Now, after he played an ok Euro Final!!! where he was the best defender while the least experienced in a game that was lost due to the worst possible tactics by Prandelli in his life you call him average again? To start with: Italy played the most organised guy as LB and when Chellini was out then there was noone organising back 4. Chellini played LB vs Iniesta which was a joke. Playing a wing back Abate with 3 CB against Spain was a joke to start with. Italy or should play Maggio who is more of a classical/Italian RB or play 4CB and no FB at all.
Midfield was also set as a joke vs Spain. The game lost before even starter however Prandelli made them play attacking football and anyone would take silver before the tournament started as an optimistic dream. Honestly, guys this forum looks like filled with bi-polar disorder.

THANK you :thumbsup:

It's amazing how quick people change their minds on this forum. I even remember the posts comparing how Vidal is a better player then Boateng :fp:

Any other player in any other team for people on this forum seem like WC players, Milan players however are automatically average. Abate is the starting RB for Italy, which sported one of the best defences in the Euros. u mad brahs?

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
I never thought i would ever say this but to an extent abate has turned into ronaldinho. In the sense that he barely ever these days tracks back the way he should. He just jogs back casually now days when he looses the ball on the wing or the when the other team is countering. Where your work ethics gone boy? 1 great cross:O thoe, thats also kinda ronaldinhoish.
spot on. even during the Leo days, he still gave it his all and ran up and down.

this continued on to the 10/11 season which was his best.

but then in 11/12, he suddenly stopped giving a fuck.

my guess would be he's too comfortable in his position as a starter at RB and feels he won't get benched. he needs some solid competition to shake him up. hopefully, Allegri realizes this and maybe bench him for a couple of game with De Sciglio starting.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Already a senatore??

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
spot on. even during the Leo days, he still gave it his all and ran up and down.

this continued on to the 10/11 season which was his best.

but then in 11/12, he suddenly stopped giving a fuck.

my guess would be he's too comfortable in his position as a starter at RB and feels he won't get benched. he needs some solid competition to shake him up. hopefully, Allegri realizes this and maybe bench him for a couple of game with De Sciglio starting.

Thats the problem he aint or at least wasnt a sure starter for italy until it was clear maggio needs a break.

He just seems like he lost that grit he had under Als first year.

It doesnt seem like it has anything to do with his place being threatened. Also is he yet another milan player seemingly becoming injury prone?:proud: How many injuries did he have after winter? 3 IIRC.......

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Thats the problem he aint or at least wasnt a sure starter for italy until it was clear maggio needs a break.

He just seems like he lost that grit he had under Als first year.

It doesnt seem like it has anything to do with his place being threatened. Also is he yet another milan player seemingly becoming injury prone?:proud: How many injuries did he have after winter? 3 IIRC.......

Maybe it is due to his personal duties on field? He was very good in defense but one of CB was moving wied right when Abate was in front. What makes you thinh that this kid showed bad attitide in a fucking Euro final lol.
Just look at Milan: we play a certain, vert strickt tactic but with no clear individual tactics in any formations around it. That is the difefrence in my opinion and that is Prandelli's advantage over Al at this stage.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Im not talking about just the final/prandellis italy sadly. Even in milan over the last season he barely made an effort to track back in some occasions even when he himself was the culprit for losing the ball and starting a counter.

His attitude has changed. During allegris first year he bleed for every single ball.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Im not talking about just the final/prandellis italy sadly. Even in milan over the last season he barely made an effort to track back in some occasions even when he himself was the culprit for losing the ball and starting a counter.

His attitude has changed. During allegris first year he bleed for every single ball.

look the game against Tottenham and the goal at San Siro. He came back really slow; however, for most of that season he showed more passion than last season that jt seemed that he wanted to show his dancing skills after every goal, especially from Binho.

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan

I agree with this and it infuriates me every time he does it... He has become too nonchalant... I really hope he steps up now that Nesta and Gattuso has left.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
y85uxf.jpg

92qbf.jpg

pvezg.jpg

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
That rules him out of the 3 accused gay dudes from the Azzuri

milan88

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Flamini, De Rosario, Ronaldinho, Nesta, Inzaghi, Bonera, Montolivo, Rooney, Kaka

Schedule