Official: Ignazio Abate Thread

gaxhi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Whenever he played bad in the last seasons I never criticized him because at least he gave 100% on the pitch, but now his attitude has really changed.
I noticed against lazio that he didn't even try to stop some passes which went right through him and his jogging back as some others mentioned has become a habit.
He along with boateng really deserve to be benched, it is as if they think they're so much special than all our other players.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
his attitude didnt change at all.
the team is going down and down.. his poor football is appearing more and more.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
What I wonder is where are those that were saying his poor crossing was because we were lacking a true CF but when Pazzini was brought in they instantly thought his crossing will get better and it the same shit.

he has had 3 perfect crosses go directly to Prince (2) and Pazzini (1) in the box that they both failed to score on.

His crossing has improved this year

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
he has had 3 perfect crosses go directly to Prince (2) and Pazzini (1) in the box that they both failed to score on.

True. Him returning from attack is becoming a more alarming weakness than crossing. Everybody knows that Abate is challenged offensively and that his forte was defending; however, right now his defense is pretty bad without counting his performances for Italy's NT. Though, Italy has not played a strong team so far.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson

:proud:

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomori, Nesta, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, Totti, *Abate*,
Haha to all the haters, he was, bar el shar, our best player on the pitch....

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
he did well today

one of his better days too

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
there u go man.. great game.. great assist. finally!

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
I was fine with his crosses today, many of them were very good and one of them was the assist for our goal, so not bad from Abate :thumbsup:

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
No - he was good in the close of the game but for most of it he wasnt producing enough.

He can supply the final ball when he gets clear but struggles way too much to get in good crossed when he cant beat his man to the line. I still think De Sciglio is ahead of him but if Allegri is going to play him I guess I can live with this type of performance.

It may even be better for him to push even further forward into the Urby spot but his inability to go inside might not give us enough.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Was marginally offside. :o

De Sciglio > Abate

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
now if only he discovers that there is more to a football pitch than just the box and the right side of the field...

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
he actually managed to get a few crosses in the box :eek: decent game.

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Want him to score a goal already!!!!!!!! :mad:

I know it'll be here, just know it.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
shit this guy made senatore look like prophet

thats goooooooooood ..
i was so excited when we bought him back from torino because of his pace,
i think leonardo asked him can you run coast to coast in 10 seconds,
abate : depends
leo : what do you mean
abate : i dont know how many times you need me to cross the field in 10 seconds :o

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
he actually managed to get a few crosses in the box :eek: decent game.
Correct me if I'm wrong but all his crosses got to the box. Had a good day.

Monsieur

2footedtackle
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Teofilo Cubillas, Jose Velasquez, Cesar Cueto
Haha to all the haters, he was, bar el shar, our best player on the pitch....

1313888-2028-it2.jpg

asd

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I kinda want to see Abate playing in the 3 man defence above the two CB's, and put Urby/De Sciligo on the wings. He might play as a good sweeper, he's better def than he is offensively.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
is it because he is basically a RW ... or just a very good day in the office.
Hope he keep this up

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I kinda want to see Abate playing in the 3 man defence above the two CB's, and put Urby/De Sciligo on the wings. He might play as a good sweeper, he's better def than he is offensively.

Edward-Norton-Closing-Laptop.gif

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce

Abate as a sweeper?? Wow.. Just... Wow...:fp:

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Sweeper? :fp::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
That it is the most funny thing I ever heard. Do not get me wrong, I stated before that he could be better used at DM, because he defends ok and unlike our other MFs, he does tackle; however, his passing has become more worse than before. However, a sweeper is the leader of the defense and needs to know when to return if he left in an attack with the ball; which it is the worst flaw that Abate has.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Sweeper? :fp::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
That it is the most funny thing I ever heard. Do not get me wrong, I stated before that he could be better used at DM, because he defends ok and unlike our other MFs, he does tackle; however, his passing has become more worse than before. However, a sweeper is the leader of the defense and needs to know when to return if he left in an attack with the ball; which it is the worst flaw that Abate has.

dude, i couldn't send a PM to you since you haven't activated it.

You need to edit your vote in the genoa voting thread (my signature). you need to put 3 players or your post will be deleted when i do the count tomorrow.

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
Played with Zambrotta for three years, couldn`t even learn from him to hold his hands behind his back in those situations.

It`s useless having experienced players around when the young ones such as Abate are as dumb as they get.

Schedule