Official: Ignazio Abate Thread

Xudong

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
The biggest reason I want him to go is because I always feel so uncomfortable when he's on the ball, in his place. Cuz he really seems like wtf do I have to do with this ball?! than he passes it back to Ambro and he's like "damn, nailed it, now I can go chillax again", and when he gets the ball after that he just suplies a shitty cross, it's like he couldn't care less what happens with it aslong as the ball is far far away from him.

I do like him for his grinta and Milan-heart but he is just not good enough.

he can't do that any more. remember yesterday's match? his first touch of ball, his forward pass was blocked in our own half near the sideline; immediately, his second touch, he passed it back to another defender, and was almost intercepted by a Juventus player. all happened probably within the 1st or 2nd minute of the match. :fp:

Rino

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Kaka, Maldini, Sheva, Cutrone, Romagnoli
he can't do that any more. remember yesterday's match? his first touch of ball, his forward pass was blocked in our own half near the sideline; immediately, his second touch, he passed it back to another defender, and was almost intercepted by a Juventus player. all happened probably within the 1st or 2nd minute of the match. :fp:

Yup, guess that was a statement of him out of love for Milan. "Look G, I'm this bad, sell me now for the sake of Milan!"

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
I like him , he has a great heart like flamini

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
I like him , he has a great heart like flamini
I`m not sure what you mean, but he doesn`t work hard as he used to these days.
Before, he was a player with limited talent who played his guts out and it made him a very good player. Now, he`s still a player with limited talent that sadly doesn`t want/can`t for some reason work as hard as before, and he`s just average.

Anyway, heart is very important, but it has to be combined with a bit of brain for a player to be good. Sadly, neither Abate nor Flams show much of the later..

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
The biggest reason I want him to go is because I always feel so uncomfortable when he's on the ball, in his place. Cuz he really seems like wtf do I have to do with this ball?! than he passes it back to Ambro and he's like "damn, nailed it, now I can go chillax again", and when he gets the ball after that he just suplies a shitty cross, it's like he couldn't care less what happens with it aslong as the ball is far far away from him.

I do like him for his grinta and Milan-heart but he is just not good enough.

That's very true and common of him.

Is it just me, or is his only great quality (speed) diminishing?

Speed is almost useless if it cannot be complimented by some level of technique. I just don't see why they don't work on him personally to develop his 1v1 attacking ability, he really doesn't need to be a wizard to beat defenders with the technique he has. In fact every time he gets a chance to run down the line, it seems like he is trying to "size up" the opponent and that just kills the flow of the attack, anyway he usually sizes up then passes back to the middle. Worthless contribution.

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
Why turn down €12m for this guy? Do we really need him on the bench that badly? Ridiculous.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Why turn down €12m for this guy? Do we really need him on the bench that badly? Ridiculous.

Hypothesis 1:Without Abate our team would fall apart :g:

or

Hypothesis 2: He would mis his daddie

Beniamino Abate (born 10 April 1962) is a former Italian professional footballer who played as goalkeeper. He is currently the goalkeeping coach of Milan Primavera (under-19) squad. He is the father of Ignazio Abate who currently plays as right-back for Milan.

During his career, Abate played in Serie C1 with Benevento, in Serie A with Udinese, Internazionale and Cagliari, as well as in Serie B with Reggiana, where ended his career.[1] In Serie A, he played a total of 67 matches.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score

According to Sportitalia transfer market expert Alfredo Pedullà, Zenit St. Petersburg are ready to offer up to 12 million euros to AC Milan to obtain 26 year old right back Ignazio Abate.

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
he stopped regressing :proud:

now keep it consistent.

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
Even Abate was good today.

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
soclose.jpg

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
Question for those who want him gone:
Let's pretend Abate was playing for Zenit
Today DeS was sick and couldn't play...our remaining options would have been....Bonera and..probably Flamini ?...do you think we would have won the game with any of those two playing RB ?

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Today DeS was sick and couldn't play...our remaining options would have been....Bonera and..probably Flamini ?...do you think we would have won the game with any of those two playing RB ?

this is pretty circumstantial and ridiculous question.

I'll just take another hypothetical scenario and say - Yes. I say we would have won. That Bologna mexes OG came from abate's flank. Flamini and Bonera would have stopped it. We would have 1-0. :o

That which cannot be seen must be passed over in silence.

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
Very good game, but he`ll need to do more of this to fight for a spot with De Sciglio..

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Great work from Abate today, good find for the Madman!

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Abate played well today, he was running at their defenders and producing good crosses and covering well in defence.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score

It is not about if he is completely needed. If I would have seen certain consistency from him, I would not been too keen of selling him. From most posts, it seems that he played good; however, Bologna was coming from 120 minutes (just like we did again Sampdoria). If he can correct his major flaw of not returning after attacking even if the other team is countering with 4 men against 2 and he is coming back like there is nothing to worry (not to mention, I am pretty sure Abate is the fastest bastard in our team)

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
He is. Especially with pato gone abate is on a world of his own...

But when he sprints I get an adrenaline rush

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
He just not the hungry kid that would cripple himself to play for Milan couple years ago, he`s noticeably more mature.

Priorities change.

But he is one player in this current Milan squad I enjoy to see on the pitch, especially when he is on form.

Schedule