Official: Ignazio Abate Thread

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
Today was a prefect example of why we SHOULDN'T sell him.

Having competition with Dse has done him good.

I don't see how getting around 15m for abate is bad for us. If we dont sell players who others want to buy (and are not key players for us) then who do we sell? And we dont sell we cant buy these "future champions" and "star players" . So how does this team move forward. Rejecting these deals for abate type players will result in accepting them for SES type players in future.

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
LA77 looks pretty cool, montys shirts nice and Bonera looks cool keeping it simple.

Abate should stay, its good to have him because he is good enough to start and if he plays badly we have someone on the bench to cover and keep the others focused on keeping their starting place.

Milanista2020

The Milan Motivator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Patinho, Gattuso, Maldini, Baresi, shevchenko, Boban, Kaka,
I don't see how getting around 15m for abate is bad for us. If we dont sell players who others want to buy (and are not key players for us) then who do we sell? And we dont sell we cant buy these "future champions" and "star players" . So how does this team move forward. Rejecting these deals for abate type players will result in accepting them for SES type players in future.

In a way, I agree, but we should be selling players like mesbah, Tarore, Vila, antonini, not players who can still offer something. If abate is sold, he will probably get replaced with fodder or a youth team player and both will need time to adapt and develop - meaning more crappy performances.

I would rather stick to the devil you know, then at the end of season, maybe consider the possibility of replacing him, but mid-season transfer would be a bad move unles he is being replaced with a WC player.

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
So, now we have a replacement for Pato.

tumblr_li0sydr9ox1qgd17ro1_400.gif

---------
Pato ruined wallpapers?!

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
tumblr_li0sydr9ox1qgd17ro1_400.gif

---------
Pato ruined wallpapers?!

You know what I mean. Even though I am glad that Pato left because he did not have desire to get better; 99% of this forum reacted like this:

- We lost against Ladri, it is pato's fault.
- We almost got screwed by Arsenal, it is pato's fault.
- Milito owned Abate, it is Pato's fault.
- We lost the scudetto, it is Pato's fault.
-Our team is playing like shit, it is pato's fault.
- Our tactical scheme is shit, it is Pato's fault.
- Robinho miss a sitter, it is pato's fault
- We got Barca, it is pato's fault.
- Ibra got a red card, it is pato's fault.

And so on.

That it is why I think Milan fans in this board have found a/the new scapegoat.

Milanista2020

The Milan Motivator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ignazio Abate’s agent has told Zenit he is available “if they raise their offer, considering Milan are looking for cash to take Mario Balotelli.”

It was known that the Russian side had made a proposal for the full-back, who is wanted by Coach Luciano Spalletti.

“We thank Zenit and Spalletti for their interest, but the lad will remain in Italy with Milan,” agent Claudio Pasqualin told Personal Press.

“If Zenit raise their offer, then maybe something will change, considering Milan are looking for cash to take Mario Balotelli.”

It had already been reported that the Rossoneri were ready to sell Abate and Robinho in the January transfer window to raise funds for the Manchester City striker, but this is the first time it has been confirmed by an agent close to the club.

http://www.football-italia.net/29845/abate-zenit-balotelli-funds

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Nesta, Gatusso, Maldini, Pirlo, Nocerino, Matri...
i miss Cafu...Abate has no brains. On the other hand, i think in 2 years De Sciglio will be better then Abate.

It's kinda sad if you think that milan has to sell people from the defense department to buy Mario Balotelli.It's not like we have a strong defense now...

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
CAN we sell him and buy lichsteiner, fucking ladri i dont know how they got such a quality RB.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
CAN we sell him and buy lichsteiner, fucking ladri i dont know how they got such a quality RB.

hes been sucking for quite some time now. Poor run of form.

Abate>>>>>>zaccardo. Once de sciglio will be out for a injury or suspension then everyone is gona moan about having zero depth. Abates wages arent high and he is more then good enough for a sub. These days with fullbacks at an all time low in quality he isnt bad as a starter either.

And like the 2 midgets are gona spend the money of his potential sale on a new FB. 90mil in player sales over the year and barely any of that has been invested, the hell they need more money, they just need the will to actually reinforce milan.

Last edited:

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
hes been sucking for quite some time now. Poor run of form.

Abate>>>>>>zaccardo. Once de sciglio will be out for a injury or suspension then everyone is gona moan about having zero depth. Abates wages arent high and he is more then good enough for a sub. These days with fullbacks at an all time low in quality he isnt bad as a starter either.

We have Antonini as backup, and also not worth mentioning options as well, but Antonini as backup is alright. De Sciglio, Constant and Antonini as our three main fullbacks, from which two own youth, so also no shame there. If Abate leaves for the right offer, and we would use that to strengthen our attack, then it seems like a good thing to me.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
antonini can cover constant and bonera can cover de sciglio

selling this guy would be a magnificent achievement.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Don't sell abate

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Only sell for 20+ million

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We have Antonini as backup, and also not worth mentioning options as well, but Antonini as backup is alright. De Sciglio, Constant and Antonini as our three main fullbacks, from which two own youth, so also no shame there. If Abate leaves for the right offer, and we would use that to strengthen our attack, then it seems like a good thing to me.

I consider antonini as the ivan piris of milan so i dont agree that hes even good enough for backup.

And again milan doesnt need to sell more players to buy something decent. Milan has been selling for years now and how much of that money has been invested? Yeah not that much. Im sure with abate sold ill be just another downgrade like usual.

Milanista2020

The Milan Motivator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan full-back Ignazio Abate could on the verge of a move to Russian club Zenit St. Petersburg, according to reports.

Gazzetta dello Sport believe that Luciano Spalletti's side have agreed terms with the Rossoneri, and are just ironing personal terms with the 26-year-old.

The defender's agent told reporters yesterday that the reigning Russian champions would have to 'raise their bid' were they to bring him to the Petrovsky Stadium.

But the Milan-based newspaper claim that it the case, with his departure expected imminently.

Abate has been in-and-out of Massimiliano Allegri's starting XI this season, playing just 12 League games so far.

Eccolo

Keep calm! Sell everyone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players
Whats the price? Hopefully 12 milion +

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
there's no way in hell i'd sell abate, here's why:

1) i think he should start at rb with de sciglio at lb even tho constant was good in the last game
2)even with de sciglio and constant starting we need cover, antonini is no adequate replacement
3) i think he's better than other people think so. he made 1 very high profile mistake against inter that ill never forget but remember, this was the guy battering ashley cole into his own box a few months ago in the euros. our fullbacks in general should attack more, the best teams do, look at real madrid/ barca/ juve. good fullbacks/ wingbacks need to attack well imagine if we had constant v/s bologna on BOTH FLANKS, EVERY GAME. abate is the best going foreword.
4) i don't think zenit will pay us much, they know we need money we'll take anything
5) this will be bad for the national team
6) its another blow for serie a, after sneijder and countless other players
7) people talk as if its 100% guaranteed the money will be reinvested. with the money from shevchenko, kaka, silva, ibrahimovich and pato we could have bought an entire first 11 of quality players but where are they?
8) the player they are talking about buying (balotelli) isn't needed, pazzini is fine for now and niang will suffer for it
9)balo is overpriced. city don't want to make a loss i understand that but the only reason they paid so much in the first place is because they're city.
10) balo scares the living shit out of me. i always support him but the truth is theres no telling what he could do. milan already gets terrible press the last thing we need are daily updates on marios crazy defender. that is all the football world will ever hear about milan.
11) our club has a fantastic tradition and world recognised reputation for having home grown players. Abate came through the youth ranks and he's one of us milan through and through. the guy had to endure countless loan spells and co ownerships before getting a chance. I know balo is a milan fan but am i the only one that remembers he used to wear the blue and black? sorry i've just never endeared to pazzini, ibra and others because of this pirlo is the only exception.
12) we'd have to offer balo massive wages. in 2 years time the president will probably say "we can save 40m if we sell him, we have no choice" then we'll be left with no abate and no balo as well
13) too much typing my brain hurts

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, De Sciglio, Pirlo, Maldini, Baresi, Donadoni, Suarez
The day Milan turns into a team where they sell loyal Italian players I wont be intrested in this club anymore. Abate is one of the most loyal players we have at the moment. And we shall thank him by sending him to Russia!?

Hell no!!!

khuyag

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Кака, Maldini, Nesta, Ronaldo, Beckham
there's no way in hell i'd sell abate, here's why:

1) i think he should start at rb with de sciglio at lb even tho constant was good in the last game
2)even with de sciglio and constant starting we need cover, antonini is no adequate replacement
3) i think he's better than other people think so. he made 1 very high profile mistake against inter that ill never forget but remember, this was the guy battering ashley cole into his own box a few months ago in the euros. our fullbacks in general should attack more, the best teams do, look at real madrid/ barca/ juve. good fullbacks/ wingbacks need to attack well imagine if we had constant v/s bologna on BOTH FLANKS, EVERY GAME. abate is the best going foreword.
4) i don't think zenit will pay us much, they know we need money we'll take anything
5) this will be bad for the national team
6) its another blow for serie a, after sneijder and countless other players
7) people talk as if its 100% guaranteed the money will be reinvested. with the money from shevchenko, kaka, silva, ibrahimovich and pato we could have bought an entire first 11 of quality players but where are they?
8) the player they are talking about buying (balotelli) isn't needed, pazzini is fine for now and niang will suffer for it
9)balo is overpriced. city don't want to make a loss i understand that but the only reason they paid so much in the first place is because they're city.
10) balo scares the living shit out of me. i always support him but the truth is theres no telling what he could do. milan already gets terrible press the last thing we need are daily updates on marios crazy defender. that is all the football world will ever hear about milan.
11) our club has a fantastic tradition and world recognised reputation for having home grown players. Abate came through the youth ranks and he's one of us milan through and through. the guy had to endure countless loan spells and co ownerships before getting a chance. I know balo is a milan fan but am i the only one that remembers he used to wear the blue and black? sorry i've just never endeared to pazzini, ibra and others because of this pirlo is the only exception.
12) we'd have to offer balo massive wages. in 2 years time the president will probably say "we can save 40m if we sell him, we have no choice" then we'll be left with no abate and no balo as well
13) too much typing my brain hurts

:thumbsup:

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
The day Milan turns into a team where they sell loyal Italian players I wont be intrested in this club anymore. Abate is one of the most loyal players we have at the moment. And we shall thank him by sending him to Russia!?

Hell no!!!

For what reasons? Could you clarify the bold part?

Schedule