Official: Ignazio Abate Thread

zizousama

Milanisti Forever
Reaction score
If he improves his crossing he'd be one of the top fullbacks in the world. He has many great qualities but he needs to cross the ball according to the positioning of his teammates and set them with goal scoring chances. He doesn't seem to look when he cross and aim for someone like dani alves for instance. He just crosses and hopes something would come out of it.

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
If he improves his crossing he'd be one of the top fullbacks in the world. He has many great qualities but he needs to cross the ball according to the positioning of his teammates and set them with goal scoring chances. He doesn't seem to look when he cross and aim for someone like dani alves for instance. He just crosses and hopes something would come out of it.

This is true!.

But Imo is because of his speed, and lack of body control when at top speed.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Check out the highlights from the Netherlands match yesterday, he missed Balotelli open in front of the goal by 10 ft. on two occasions. Difficult technique (almost the exact same scenario) on both opportunities, but just utter failure on both.

I do think his crosses have been much better this season, but he is still consistently out of position with terrible decision making mixed in.

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
but he needs to cross the ball according to the positioning of his teammates and set them with goal scoring chances.

agreed and i think this is one of the things he has become better at

there is definite room for improvment though...but that is not all on him

this team is both young and new to playing together. the longer they play together the better they will become at anticipating their teammates' movements..both in passing to others and also being at the right place to accept passes

zizousama

Milanisti Forever
Reaction score
Because quite frankly it is just a waste and alas for his ability. To have the physical features he has, which allow him the chance to find the space to cross, and then produce the horrible crosses is a really sad thing. Just like a writer with great rhetoric ability writing utter frivolous things. Abate should seriously work on his crosses because they are his final product in his attacking game mostly. His delivery is what decides if his efforts amount to something. He battles and runs forward only for all that hard work to go to waste most of the time due to his poor pass. Just like a super car with a monstrous engine, but handles poorly. You got all this power that you can't do much with and that is a real pity.

The coaching staff should and Ignazio himself should work tirelessly on this because we have a diamond in the rough here. We already have the diamond, hence, it is complete ignorance not to refine it.

Last edited:

zizousama

Milanisti Forever
Reaction score
This is true!.

But Imo is because of his speed, and lack of body control when at top speed.

Yes it is difficult because he's quick and seems to go full speed as he is about to cross sometimes, but he has to adjust and figure out a solution. Roberto Carlos was so quick but had incredible crossing accuracy. In the end it is not all on him. Allegri has to help him or find someone who can because if Abate perfected his cross he will open a whole new dimension for us and will be a perennial throne in the throat of all oppositions.

zizousama

Milanisti Forever
Reaction score
Check out the highlights from the Netherlands match yesterday, he missed Balotelli open in front of the goal by 10 ft. on two occasions. Difficult technique (almost the exact same scenario) on both opportunities, but just utter failure on both.

I do think his crosses have been much better this season, but he is still consistently out of position with terrible decision making mixed in.

Yeah I saw that he passed behind twice. You know how frustrating it is to always get so close and miss at the very end. This is why a fullback like Abate is so frustrating even more than completely untalented players because he makes me think that this is it every time only to kill all that accumulating hope with a very depressing pass. To build hope and crush it is painful.

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
He gets the ball in a good situation sometimes, all by himself and free to put in a cross, yet he waits and waits till the defender gets there and then he shots the ball at him.

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
he had a decent first half but a horrendous second

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
I think Abate has maybe 2 assist for Milan in his career, and one of those was unintentional when he tried to shoot.

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
he makes me hate the beautiful game. so painful to watch his shitty crosses..gahhh

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
He gets the ball in a good situation sometimes, all by himself and free to put in a cross, yet he waits and waits till the defender gets there and then he shots the ball at him.

This is what irritates me at most. I mean in the last 20-25 minutes he had like 20 chances to go inside or make a decent cross, yet he stops the ball and awaits for the oppostion team to come to their places.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
the best part is when during the first half he crossed with his left foot from the right flank and it ends up being a throw in for cagliari on the left :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

what a fucking moron.

drobeck

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
This is what irritates me at most. I mean in the last 20-25 minutes he had like 20 chances to go inside or make a decent cross, yet he stops the ball and awaits for the oppostion team to come to their places.

maybe he misunderstood the "beat the first man with your cross" phrase? I don't know or maybe he just likes hitting the other teams defenders.

for me it gets to the point where I look and go oh its abate waste of posession.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
fuck of to russia ,i am sick of this player +++ he never tracks back.i repat if kevin was ok des would destroy that 18 year old murra

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
he has been great for a few games in a row, then has a mediocre one and all his haters are back out in force

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If he could get at least 30% of his crosses on target he would be world class. He wold be worth more than 30 million. But he gets like 3% on target which is more impossible for a professional serie A fullback than 30%.

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Great? Today was mediocre?

defensivly and tracking back he had actually highest stats of the team. Niang hits the ball to the centre instead of crossing, worked only once and now he just power hits it and everyone jizzes about it, Constant crosses the ball but inside of his own half to another player in his own half - best LB in the league lol.
Guys, only way he was linked with a move was that noone bid for anyone else not that he was chosen to go.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Worst crosses in Serie A, officialy.

by whoscored stats, he is ranked 20th in most accurate crosses delivered per game, and is in the top 5 out of defenders. (DS is one of the couple in front of him)

I think you guys expect crosses to be perfectly aimed to within a mm to a strikers head. that simply is not realistic

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
he has been great for a few games in a row, then has a mediocre one and all his haters are back out in force
That`s very simple to explain. He`s been shit for the past two years, complete garbage.

Few good games can`t change my opinion on him, he needs to do it for a longer period. The same way that if SES played 4-5 bad games in a row, I wouldn`t bash him because he`s been great for such a long period before.

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
by whoscored stats, he is ranked 20th in most accurate crosses delivered per game, and is in the top 5 out of defenders. (DS is one of the couple in front of him)

I think you guys expect crosses to be perfectly aimed to within a mm to a strikers head. that simply is not realistic
I honestly expect crosses just to beat the first man and that they don`t go straight out to throw-in on the opposite side or behind the goal.

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Severely limited footballer. No left foot, zero crossing ability. It's a shame that brainlessly running back and forth wins you plaudits these days. You either have a poor understanding of the word "great", or you have very low expectations, because Abate is the furthest thing from great in every sense of the word.

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
If he could get at least 30% of his crosses on target he would be world class. He wold be worth more than 30 million. But he gets like 3% on target which is more impossible for a professional serie A fullback than 30%.

No, he really wouldn't. Not even close. Milan fans on here are deluded beyond belief.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Such a shame about his crossing.. He's got everything. Brilliant tackler and defender, pace, always in the right position in attack to cross :( If only he was a better crosser.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No, he really wouldn't. Not even close. Milan fans on here are deluded beyond belief.

Just for the record, I don't rate Abate very highly. Now, delude yourself the fuck out!

Schedule