Official: Ignazio Abate Thread

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
Abate is a better defender than de Sciglio atm. (not really a fair comparison since des is only 20, but still). De Sciglio is better going forward tho.

I like De Sciglio at Lb and Abate at RB.
De sciglio seems to be ambidextrous so why force Abate out?

carletto

sacred pig!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ancelotti
abate is a natural- motherborn winger with ability to beat the defence and provide quality crosses ....now that we have mds in right back we can play him where he belongs to lmf. and he is great I really like him.after paolo , nesta, cafu...he can be the next heroe ...if we could just keep him ....

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Abate has a fairly serious shoulder injury... he won't be able to play anymore games in Confederations Cup

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
yeah,dislocated right?

Apparently, but they say he's not gonna make it for the rest of the tournament, so I'm not sure if it was a repeat of a previous injury or what... I didn't think that dislocating a shoulder can cause long-term problems

Milanista2020

The Milan Motivator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Patinho, Gattuso, Maldini, Baresi, shevchenko, Boban, Kaka,
^^ yep, 100% correct, I dislocated my shoulder when I was 18 playing Rugby. 10+ years later and its still no right..
If I remember correctly, the doctor said something about ligements stretching which never fully go back to normal, making it more susceptible to coming out again.

Wake the Dead

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Sheva, Abbiati, Gattuso
hope he get well soon

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
^^ yep, 100% correct, I dislocated my shoulder when I was 18 playing Rugby. 10+ years later and its still no right..
If I remember correctly, the doctor said something about ligements stretching which never fully go back to normal, making it more susceptible to coming out again.

:fp: omg didnt know that kind of injury would be that seriuos. forza Abate

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Such a shame. He was Italy's best defender in the Conf Cup.
Get well soon Igna!

Btw I can't believe how many haters Abate has.. he is our youth product, a Milan fan, still young recently turned 26, he is constantly improving and is a starter for the NT. People should appreciate him more.

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
During the game, I realized that Abate is definitely captain material. I like Montolivo a lot but Abate has more things that work in his favour.

Forgetting he is a player that came through our youth setup, he is also a natural leader and very passionate. I'd say our most passionate. He has experienced good and bad times here, worked alongside great leaders and players. It was him and Gattuso that sang with the curva on the day we last won the title, correct? I like that. :D

His defensive skills are truly underrated as well. For Italy he has constantly saved the CB's asses with last ditch tackles or blocks. He's done that a bit with us too. Great at sliding tackles. Now that we haven't sold him to Zenit for 12 mil, I hope we never sell him. He'd accept being a back up once/if that is is the fair decision, hopefully some way down the line though.

We should put a vote up on this thread. I imagined people would still vote Montolivo but he at least has to be vice captain.

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
During the game, I realized that Abate is definitely captain material. I like Montolivo a lot but Abate has more things that work in his favour.

Forgetting he is a player that came through our youth setup, he is also a natural leader and very passionate. I'd say our most passionate. He has experienced good and bad times here, worked alongside great leaders and players. It was him and Gattuso that sang with the curva on the day we last won the title, correct? I like that. :D

His defensive skills are truly underrated as well. For Italy he has constantly saved the CB's asses with last ditch tackles or blocks. He's done that a bit with us too. Great at sliding tackles. Now that we haven't sold him to Zenit for 12 mil, I hope we never sell him. He'd accept being a back up once/if that is is the fair decision, hopefully some way down the line though.

We should put a vote up on this thread. I imagined people would still vote Montolivo but he at least has to be vice captain.

Abate's weak: Out his postion regularly, not smart
Abate's strong: Speed, passionate, strength

He is good player

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
Huge loss for Italia and Milan... forza abate

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
Abate returned today in Milanello to train.

that is awesome, I actually thought he would be out for a lot longer.

Is he actually able to resume full training?

albmovi

Banned
Reaction score
that is awesome, I actually thought he would be out for a lot longer.

Is he actually able to resume full training?

He cant do full training or play, but will be ready soon.

Last edited:

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
We keep talking about Ljajic, but Abate's contract is also about to expire next season and Abate just changed agent and is now under Raiola. I got a bad feeling about this...

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
:eek: Kid's gonna go places.

albmovi

Banned
Reaction score
We keep talking about Ljajic, but Abate's contract is also about to expire next season and Abate just changed agent and is now under Raiola. I got a bad feeling about this...

I hope not. He is our best defender. F... Galliani, he wants to sell Abate and Niang.

Schedule