Official: Ignazio Abate Thread

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
untill december allegri will kinda fix the team.. and then maybe galliani will bring someone to save allegri's skin.

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
For me, the most irritating thing about him is that he makes space for himself to cross, then he waits until the opponent catches up with him and of course blocks his effort.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Brilliant tonight.

Keep it up Ignazio.

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
His passing and crossing has been much better this season, hope he does it on a consistent basis, would add a lot to that right side of ours.

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Everyone criticizing him about his crossing abilities, but now... he's bossing the right flank with good crosses...

Haters hide... Ignazio is after you... Forza Abate, keep up the great work!! :star:

Contract extension till 2018

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
We need a gif of his tackle in the second half

Patri

Kallappam-pothu
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Gennaro Ivan Gattuso
Everyone criticizing him about his crossing abilities, but now... he's bossing the right flank with good crosses...

Haters hide... Ignazio is after you... Forza Abate, keep up the great work!! :star:

Contract extension till 2018

You can hide, but you can't run! :cool:

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Not a fan but he was very good last game. He did everything he is supposed to. I even rated him as the top player for that match though some would put Mario or maybe De Jong higher.

If he keeps that type of play up you wont hear a peep out of me.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
last two games excellent, great effort :thumbsup:

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
“Abate felt a strain at the top of his left thigh. I don’t think it is serious, but he too will need further tests." Professor Enrico Castellacci of the Italy medical staff told Rai Sport.
“Neither of them can play against the Czech Republic, as it is only four days away.”

Phew hope he's ready for Torino

Hondayum

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, Maldini, Sheva, Rino, Pirlo, Nesta, Kaka, Pippo, Baggio, Vieri, Totti
Oh FFS.

I just knew a Milan player would be injured!

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
sucks balls

@Milanello 47m
Abate returned to Milanello today. He will examined over the next few days (due to the thigh injury sustained yesterday). @_igna20_

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Been excellent in the opening games for us.

Hope the injury isn't serious.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Anybody knows anything about Abate this year... we haven't heard anything about a contract extension and his new agent is Raiola. My guess is that to stay, he'll want a salary of at least 3 mill per year... and I'm sure that some team has already contacted Raiola with offers for next year when he'll be free to leave.

This is looking more fishy by the day...I mean ffs, even Robinho got a contract extension right away.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Anybody knows anything about Abate this year... we haven't heard anything about a contract extension and his new agent is Raiola. My guess is that to stay, he'll want a salary of at least 3 mill per year... and I'm sure that some team has already contacted Raiola with offers for next year when he'll be free to leave.

This is looking more fishy by the day...I mean ffs, even Robinho got a contract extension right away.

a) It is most probable that Abate will leave at the end of the season. Raiola does not take prisoners.

b) Binho's extension was mostly done because IMHO, G wanted to send a big "FUCK YOU" to Santos management for trying to pull a G-kind-of-move.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
b) Binho's extension was mostly done because IMHO, G wanted to send a big "FUCK YOU" to Santos management for trying to pull a G-kind-of-move.

Galliani couldn't care less about Santos. His decisions are business oriented.

He rates Robinho (the whole management does) and once it was clear there would be no valuable offers for him, he made the next step and that was make him "affordable".

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Galliani couldn't care less about Santos. His decisions are business oriented.

He rates Robinho (the whole management does) and once it was clear there would be no valuable offers for him, he made the next step and that was make him "affordable".

If his salary was dropped at 2.5 mill per year (like it was reported), it could be a pretty good deal... I bet that the new salary has higher bonus payments to provide incentive to Robinho to play well.

Last edited:

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Btw, Abate is also out for at least 10 days (after 10 days more visits will be made) ... In the meantime, I'm really afraid that Zaccardo won't be able to play games every 3 days without rotation.

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
a) It is most probable that Abate will leave at the end of the season. Raiola does not take prisoners.

I cant see abate being a tool and actually fucking Milan like that.
And i know management is ********, but losing abate would be a big blow, a good right back, or left back if Mattia goes right back is going to be very expensive.

We cant replace him. Its that simple. So, get him signed up for another couple of years.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
And i know management is ********, but losing abate would be a big blow, a good right back, or left back if Mattia goes right back is going to be very expensive.

We cant replace him. Its that simple. So, get him signed up for another couple of years.

In a discussion in another thread, it is being mentioned that Abate "might" have a contract till 2015. I don't know if it is certain, but online there are plenty of places that either say his contract expires in 2014 or in 2015 .. really hope that someone just fubar-ed the contract dates of Abate (like Boateng) and that the contract really expires in 2015 ....

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hope Abate stays, he came up through our youth system and has came a long way. I still remember him during his first season, he was so :fp:, and now he is one of the team's more important players.

khuyag

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Кака, Maldini, Nesta, Ronaldo, Beckham
Hope Abate stays, he came up through our youth system and has came a long way. I still remember him during his first season, he was so :fp:, and now he is one of the team's most important players.
fixed

Ragamuffin

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Just give him a pay rise to 2.5-2.8M and everyone is happy. Dont see why he would leave

He fully and completely deserves it

Benny20

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
worst time to lose players with injury and why the fuck does it have to be our starting fb's.i've been impressed with abate so far and de sciglio is building on last seasons form.we need continuity in this team so that we can start to build something .I really hope they are back to full fitness soon

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score

It is just a matter of perception. Raiola is Abate's new agent and he will probable will want to have a say or a better contract for Abate which will mean more money for Raiola (It is clear that Abate's contact ends at the end of the season.) Now, the situation is what Milan wants to do with DeSciglio after recovering from injury. It was very noticeable that the injury suffered by #2 was because he is playing LB. IMHO, #2 needs to play RB to realize his full potential, but does he have to wait for Abate to move/retire to play RB again? I hope we do not lose Abate; however, I also think that #2 needs to be our starting RB. I think that we will have a clearer picture by the end of the year.

Schedule