Official: Ignazio Abate Thread

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
abate should be starting right back, move mattia to the left.

I dont care if Mattia isnt as good there, it makes the team better and means we have two good full backs plying rather than one garbage and one good.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Milanista2020

The Milan Motivator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Patinho, Gattuso, Maldini, Baresi, shevchenko, Boban, Kaka,
http://www.football-italia.net/47261/milan-make-coentrao-move-report

With Ignazio Abate likely to leave Milan, the club have highlighted Fabio Coentrao as a possible replacement.

Stories emerged earlier on Tuesday that the Italy international was being targeted by Lazio, and was keen on a move.

As such, Spanish outlet Fichajes have insisted that the Rossoneri will go in for the Real Madrid man in the summer.

The Portugal international has dropped down the pecking order at Santiago Bernabeu, playing second fiddle to Marcelo.

As such, Clarence Seedorf will hope to bring him in during the off-season, but it could be for an intial one-year loan.

Milan however, will face competition from Manchester United, who are also interested.

Milanista2020

The Milan Motivator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Patinho, Gattuso, Maldini, Baresi, shevchenko, Boban, Kaka,
http://www.football-italia.net/47253/taarabt-abate-out-report

Adel Taarabt is set to stay at Milan, but reports claim that Ignazio Abate could well leave the club over the summer.

********** follow quotes from the Morocco international’s agent yesterday, insisting that the Rossoneri have completed a deal with Queens Park Ranger to keep the playmaker beyond his initial loan deal.

The paper believes that the deal could rise to €5m, as the Rossoneri look to re-establish themselves as a top Serie A side after this season’s slip down the table.

The trequartista is set to come in for next term, but Abate looks likely to leave the club, it has been reported in La Repubblica.

The defender is being courted by Lazio, who are in need of a right-back, and see the Italy international as an ideal signing.

The 27-year-old has fallen behind Mattia De Sciglio in the pecking order at Milan, and is said to be keen on a move.

Mexes_5

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Inzaghi, Kaka, Mexes, Pazzini
Means De Sciglio should stay, which is good news. Invest in a proper LB & i'm happy.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
I like Abate, would like for him to stay.
Milanista, relatively young, Italian international, good defender.

BUT, very limited crosser, passer and in general brings very little while attacking. De Sciglio's ceiling is much much higher.

Coentrao in, Abate out, not necesserily bad.

asd

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
considering De Sciligo is a bit injury prone and our back ups are Bonera/Zaccardo I'd like him to stay. And who cares about his crossing we arn't an english football club with "attacking" full backs, full backs are defenders. Also De Sciligo was better on the left we just have a handicapped person as a coach. Fabio Coentrao is also shit compared to Abate are you serious? hahaha

NIRossoneri

Milan Legend
Reaction score
considering De Sciligo is a bit injury prone and our back ups are Bonera/Zaccardo I'd like him to stay. And who cares about his crossing we arn't an english football club with "attacking" full backs, full backs are defenders. Also De Sciligo was better on the left we just have a handicapped person as a coach. Fabio Coentrao is also shit compared to Abate are you serious? hahaha

:fp: We don't play catenaccio. We have used attacking full backs for decades, its not just an 'english' thing.

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
If to keep DS need Abate to sacrifice,then im all IN except we need to spend the money for a proper LB, Urby is not a leftback for me.

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
abate should be starting right back, move mattia to the left.

I dont care if Mattia isnt as good there, it makes the team better and means we have two good full backs plying rather than one garbage and one good.

i thought one of DES' unique qualities was supposed to be that he could play on the left or right

in which case, why isn't DES playing LB and abate starting RB?! :fp:

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
I like Abate, but i'm also well aware of what Coentrao is capable of... If this goes through, I will not be that disappointed, although I still think DES is far better at left-back than he is at right-back.

Ragamuffin

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I wonder how many matches from coentrao/santon/whoever else people want it will take before they start spreading lies and shit...

Coentrao cant cross!!!!!
Santon cant defend!!!

And the cycle will continue

Brutalitops

El Tigre Chino
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Reus, Abate, De Sciglio, Ibrahimovic, Nesta, David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Poli, Cavani, ElSha
I really hope he stays

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
I think Abate and De Sciglio shouldn't stay in the same team. They are both good RB and DeS is better and younger, so if anyone brings enough cash to buy Abate, i would sell him.

The most efficient solution should be selling Abate, buying a real LB (or giving a chance to Krisztian Tamas from the Primavera team) and then having a few defenders (like Bonera and Zaccardo) that can substitute both a central defender and a wingback.

we don't even need a left footed defender taking place of the LB. If the LB is injuried, DeS can take his place and Bonera can play as RB.

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Well, if he decides to leave it will be win win for everybody. One of not many players with a decent price tag.

Brutalitops

El Tigre Chino
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Reus, Abate, De Sciglio, Ibrahimovic, Nesta, David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Poli, Cavani, ElSha
Well, if he decides to leave it will be win win for everybody. One of not many players with a decent price tag.

If I recall correctly, I believe I read somewhere that he said he'd play in Milan for life if it were up to him. If he gets sold, it's because the club wanted it that way.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
If we are selling Abate, i'd love for us to go for Coleman, one of the best young fullbacks in football.

Poker

Man of the Match
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, Serginho, Maldini, Seedorf,SeS, T.Silva, Ibrahimovic, Pjanic, Verratti,Salah
30 mil. ---->Real Madrid...joke:D

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
With Abate and DES starting, the fullback positions is the only department where we're fine as we are:-)g:) and aren't desperate for change.

What do the movie coach and Galliani aim to do? Sell Abate and leave us as hopeless and desperate in this area too. :proud:

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
I wonder how many matches from coentrao/santon/whoever else people want it will take before they start spreading lies and shit...

Coentrao cant cross!!!!!
Santon cant defend!!!

And the cycle will continue

Agreed that Santon is overrated up the ass :lol:. But Coentrao is really capable of a lot, but then again, so is Abate. It just so happens that they both play better for their national teams.

Ragamuffin

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
IMO its all bullshit what seedorf is doing (in relation to the fullback position only).

Where has DES played his best and most consistent football? At LB with Abate at RB

Why change something that was a HUGE bright spot only ones for the team last season

Our fullback play literally destroyed sides, Abate and DES were owning, both offensively and defensively. Blows my mind that seedorf would change this part of the team. Deal with CB first and foremost then DM ffs :fp:

Brutalitops

El Tigre Chino
Reaction score
Fav. Players
IMO its all bullshit what seedorf is doing (in relation to the fullback position only).

Where has DES played his best and most consistent football? At LB with Abate at RB

Why change something that was a HUGE bright spot only ones for the team last season

Our fullback play literally destroyed sides, Abate and DES were owning, both offensively and defensively. Blows my mind that seedorf would change this part of the team. Deal with CB first and foremost then DM ffs :fp:

I believe he has never had them both 100% fit to play them each in a side.

Although it's been time since I haven't seen that layout, even in latest Allegri times I started seeing Constant and company starring the LB position and not either one of DES or Ignazio.

Seedorf should look into that, both of them are great players, great professionals, shouldn't let either one of them go to waste.

Montolivo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zlatan, Montolivo, Honda, Pazzini, Abate, De Sciglio, Mexes, Ambrosini, Nesta, Pato, Ronaldinho
Des said a while ago he prefers to play as LB.

To be quite honest I havent seen so many good gams from him as RB. His best performances has always been on the left, in national team too where he is superb. He got best left back award for last season when the yearly awards in italy took place.

Abate and des are great wingbacks (maybe the crossing needs to be a bit better bur overall they are very solid and good). Home grown players to wich is important. Des is not even fully developed so he can only get better.

Last edited:

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
With Abate and DES starting, the fullback positions is the only department where we're fine as we are:-)g:) and aren't desperate for change.

What do the movie coach and Galliani aim to do? Sell Abate and leave us as hopeless and desperate in this area too. :proud:

Seedorf said that he prefeer playing DeS on the right.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Bk-Q4_tCAAArTSL.jpg

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Des said a while ago he prefers to play as LB.

To be quite honest I havent seen so many good gams from him as RB. His best performances has always been on the left, in national team too where he is superb. He got best left back award for last season when the yearly awards in italy took place.

Abate and des are great wingbacks (maybe the crossing needs to be a bit better bur overall they are very solid and good). Home grown players to wich is important. Des is not even fully developed so he can only get better.

Agreed.

It's dumb to get rid of Abate now.

Schedule