Official: Ignazio Abate Thread

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
He's almost as good as gone, last transfer season we offered him to Fiorentina for a swap with Pasquale.

Two good games don't cancel previous performances. If you take into account how he played last season, 2 mill is the most we should offer him. I don't blame him for wanting to leave, he got a good agent at milking the best possible deal so I wouldn't be surprised that he probably already has offers lined up for 3+ million per year.

If he plays like this the entire year, he deserves a 3 mill salary but at that point, I'm sure Raiola will find other teams willing to pay more.
I don't consider him a big loss, some games he's played good and some he hasn't, he'll be almost 29 when next season starts and fullbacks have usually a faster decline than other positions, especially someone like Abate that relies heavily on speed.

Agree with what you said. But the problem is it's really difficult to find a better replacement for him on the right knowing our limited resources

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
He's almost as good as gone, last transfer season we offered him to Fiorentina for a swap with Pasquale.

Two good games don't cancel previous performances. If you take into account how he played last season, 2 mill is the most we should offer him. I don't blame him for wanting to leave, he got a good agent at milking the best possible deal so I wouldn't be surprised that he probably already has offers lined up for 3+ million per year.

If he plays like this the entire year, he deserves a 3 mill salary but at that point, I'm sure Raiola will find other teams willing to pay more.
I don't consider him a big loss, some games he's played good and some he hasn't, he'll be almost 29 when next season starts and fullbacks have usually a faster decline than other positions, especially someone like Abate that relies heavily on speed.
Fair point. But he's just 27 right now, so we can expect him to be in good physical condition for the next 2-3 seasons at least.

We should definitely keep him if we qualify for CL.

I don't get the Abate hate. He was shit last season, like 90% of our squad. He's never been great, but he's been one of the most consistent and reliable performers for mediocre Milan.

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
100% agree with you mate. It's like going back and shitting on Ambro who was never great in his own terms yet his contribution was great. We should hang on to Abate till he is 31 and then let him go abroad.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

+1

I never agreed with the Abate hate and I think his offensive shortcomings are greatly exaggerated. Sure, he had some real duds during Seedorf's time, but I think overall he has been a good player for us.

I don't think he will stay though. This next 3-4 year contract will be his time for his last big contract. I wish we can at least get some value for him, evn though I don't want him gone.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
Played okay, still a lot better than what we're used to seeing from him.

keep it up.

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
Apart from losing Tevez on that occasion, he was pretty solid defensive wise.

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Apart from losing Tevez on that occasion, he was pretty solid defensive wise.

That's the most important part!!

Abate needs to sit his ass down so De Sciglio goes back to RB. We've seen the last year or two that Abate is a squad player and should either be De Sciglio's sub OR he can go to LB.

You don't put one of Italy/World's most promising RB at LB so this guy can run back and forth with his marshmallow crosses.

Poker

Man of the Match
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, Serginho, Maldini, Seedorf,SeS, T.Silva, Ibrahimovic, Pjanic, Verratti,Salah
even Bonera is betterRB. This says everything about his quality:D

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Grazie #AssistMachine

The Return of the Assist Machine

Zyejp8.gif

YEGKpE.gif

#AssistMachine

Z4L3Mv.gif

#AssistMachine

YO8wrw.gif

#AssistMachine

GreenPassionateIzuthrush.gif

#AssistMachine

YTzTQCq.gif

#AssistMachine

ParallelScornfulIchneumonfly-size_restricted.gif

#AssistMachine

Last edited:

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Abate has been the only good defender.
Great assist for Torres.

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomori, Nesta, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, Totti, *Abate*,
tumblr_lgk8b9xaEX1qeo24b.gif

And he'll still get some amount of hate from some absolute twats who've probably never kicked a ball in their lives......

I love you Ignazio.....Proving the haters wrong

Night Prowler

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
El Shaarawy, Balotelli
Credit where it's due, I'm not a fan but he's been awesome this season.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He must have put in serious work in the off season. Completely different player.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
2 assists today and a lot of good crosses.. what the hell happened to him?

Keep it up Igna :star: 4 assists already this season.

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
Was I watching another Abate? Is he the same Abate with mispasses offsides and out of bounds balls?

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
Not good at the end of the game, but he was still very, very good overall as he has been all season.
Still don't quite understand why people were calling for him to be let go for a low fee...

kujta

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Official: Ignazio Abate Thread

He should go away if he dont want to destroy his career and if he want to win trophys and money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
He's definitely put in work in the off season..

Great stuff :star:

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
He's been great this season in all games, amazing he's learned to finally cross. Bit frustrating at the end, but very good overall

Schedule