Official: Ignazio Abate Thread

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
i can't get over how fast abate is...even at the end of the game this guy is still running downfield like his shoes are on fire!! :lol:

he has his faults...all players do.

but he's having a great season so far :thumbsup:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Does crossing even matter that match directly? or its more to stretch the field?
Is it our preconception of good goals from the flying wing backs, fullbacks from youtube make us hate decent fullbacks.

Abate is terrible crosser he cannot even complete few before this year.

In general. Carlos team didnt cross much and they were really good. Fergies team always crossed and they were good :eek: oh well beckham is a freak i guess

Completed cross

I consider a cross completed if the next on-the-ball action is performed by the player from the crossing team

completion.png

So lot of teams does it, so there might be a reason for it, or players are bored playing 90 minutes, there are only so many moves you can make :o

Converted cross

A cross is converted if the crossing team scores within 5 seconds of the cross. This is an arbitrary window, but it should catch all the goals (including own goals) which are “due” to the cross in significant degree. This will include own goals, rebounds and goals from brief goal-line scrambles

conversion.png

Football is a game of Go or traditional it is , where everybody is under the belief thats its a series of butterfly effects :o, eat the space and capture the field

Fuck pep.

I wish we had some numbers on Zeman , no foreplay just score

jesus its a very very difficult game and simple

Credits : http://statsbomb.com/2014/10/how-low-can-you-go-assorted-thoughts-about-crosses/

Last edited:

markovic

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Ignazio Abate: Has picked up as many assists (4) in 6 Serie A apps this season as he had in his previous 134 apps combined

:eek: :eek: Pippo, what have you done to him?

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
I hope he doesn't change back in the old Abate when he renews his contract

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Best fullback in the world

I hope this aint just to gain a better contract. god knows it happened before with a certain ''fullback'' lol

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
He finally started using his left foot and done so pretty good. Impressed :thumbsup:

It's like him and DES switched talents :)

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Raiola just said that Milan hasn't made an offer yet. I call that BS. It's obvious he wants a contract of 3+ mill per year and considering that PSG wanted to buy him for 10 mill less than 2 years ago, he'll probably get that much if not here somewhere else.

I wouldn't mind offering him a contract for 3M if he can keep this form all the time, but considering his previous year performances and injuries, I'm not sure that it's gonna happen. You have players like Darmian that gets 0.5 mill a year and Pasqual that gets 1 mill a year.

Also the performances so far are tied not only to his qualities (the same way that Nocerino scoring 10 goals was not only due to his skills). The thing is that Abate plays much better in counter-attack and if there are players that can make a through pass when he makes the run. Otherwise he's a lot more innocuous. If he can learn to dribble or fake a cross, he'd be a lot more dangerous.

On defense, the pair Alex-Abate has been a lot more stable than Rami - De Sciglio

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
Does the OG count as an assist for Abate? Cause that's 5 so far..

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
cant tell if abate is actually good or if the opposition teams we have played so far are just mediocre. Bit of both perhaps. milito's bitch is doing well so far, i hope he continues to deliver such performances on a consistent basis.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
cant tell if abate is actually good or if the opposition teams we have played so far are just mediocre. Bit of both perhaps. milito's bitch is doing well so far, i hope he continues to deliver such performances on a consistent basis.

Hes playing well because Pippo's tactics are very well suited to him Abate gets forward a lot more. The partnership between and Honda is perfect which helps a lot too obviously. They work wonders together

Plus Pippo puts a lot of confidence in Igna and that's what he needed.

In the current form arguably amongst the best in his position

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Hes playing well because Pippo's tactics are very well suited to him Abate gets forward a lot more. The partnership between and Honda is perfect which helps a lot too obviously. They work wonders together

Plus Pippo puts a lot of confidence in Igna and that's what he needed.

In the current form arguably amongst the best in his position

:thumbsup:. true. but how the hell did his crossing become so good randomly :lol: :eek:.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
what is that face? :lol:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
holy shit this face is amazing....