Official: Ignazio Abate Thread

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just... please sell him loan him, whatever... find a normal, technical, calm fullback ffs...

Nobody can afford him nor his wages. 3rd best paid RB in serie A, soon to be the second one after the number 1 leaves Napoli.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Abate is currently useful to Milan also as one of the youth products withut taking into account that the older players have value also within the locker room at measuring the pulse of the team. Starting from next year, we'll need to program things especially if we make it to Champions League.

This year he won't be sold... at the end of the year, management can sum everything and decide whom to sell and where there is need to get re-inforced. I said it though since before the season started that Abate and Antonelli are injury-prone and to have only De Sciglio and Calabria as options was reckless. I guess we can also play Romagnoli as a left fullback if the need arises.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score

Abate would have been a good silhouette logo (like Jordan in JumpMan)

ifwt_air_jordan_11_low_green_snake_1.jpg

bigboss1963

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Is it just me or does he play too upright or something. He seems to never be in a good position to pass or receive the ball. And he never looks up until it's too late so he's closed down quickly and is always forced to pass up the line. Seems to be a hard worker and gives his all but he needs a little guidance.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hes what, 29? This guys got plenty of experience he doesn't need ''a little guidance'' hes simply a headless chicken on the ball... we can get better midfielders who can create or whatever but if we continue playing Abate who whenever has the ball at his feet just looks down and forces a long ball to our strikers who aren't even good in the air. He makes our build up play suffer so much, you don't need a Dani Alves, put a Vrsaljko there and you'll see the difference, I won't even brag about his crossing there's no point

bigboss1963

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Hes what, 29? This guys got plenty of experience he doesn't need ''a little guidance'' hes simply a headless chicken on the ball... we can get better midfielders who can create or whatever but if we continue playing Abate who whenever has the ball at his feet just looks down and forces a long ball to our strikers who aren't even good in the air. He makes our build up play suffer so much, you don't need a Dani Alves, put a Vrsaljko there and you'll see the difference, I won't even brag about his crossing there's no point

Yea I understand what you're saying but there was a point when he looked a competent fullback. Now he just looks a lost. And my problem is mainly with his offensive output. His pace and tenacity bails him out defensively most times although he makes some horrible mistakes at times. But this guy used to be a winger and I see no skill or ability on the ball. He actually looks unnatural and uncomfortable with the ball at his feet. I don't bash our players for the sake of it no matter how much they frustrate me but Abate needs to do some work with ball or something. Regardless he's ours and I support him. Give of your best and honour our jersey with attitude if nothing else. FORZA

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
last year he was linking well with Honda, and plus he was fighting for a renewal ;)

This year, he's still figuring it out with Cerci, but Cerci is a different beast. Honda liked to go towards the center, pulling the fullback towards him and leaving the road open for Abate to bomb forward, while Cerci likes to take on the fullback himself.

As long as he can do a good job in defense, I'm ok... his crossing and dribbling is definitely worse than Cerci's. Against Sampdoria he played an overall careful game.

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He stopped going forward last year as soon as Cerci arrived.

There is really no point in going forward when you have Cerci on your flank.

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomori, Nesta, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, Totti, *Abate*,
Well done sweetheart <3

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
He definitely links good with Honda, there's no arguing it, they seem to think alike...

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Great run and a sweet finish.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

The goals was his fault.
Busted forward, couldn't link up with bacca, lost the ball and never ran back. Resulted in giacherini being unmarked = goal.

:fp:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Absolute joke of a twat.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The goals was his fault.
Busted forward, couldn't link up with bacca, lost the ball and never ran back. Resulted in giacherini being unmarked = goal.

I said it before. I do not have much more faith in DeSciglio but I find it funny when people pretend that Abate is better than Mattia at all. There is a reason why every team always goes after Abate.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
The goals was his fault.

Did you by any chance see what Cerci was doing during the Bologna goal?

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Did you by any chance see what Cerci was doing during the Bologna goal?

I don't care about cerci, we all know that he is just a selfish prick who doesn't care about this team.
This is abates thread and he was the one that should have defended against giacherini.
The way he lost the ball, :fp: no brains whatsoever

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I need to stop getting so mad when he constantly misplaces passes and miss-controls the ball in FIFA. The game is being realistic

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I need to stop getting so mad when he constantly misplaces passes and miss-controls the ball in FIFA. The game is being realistic

But he has good pace which helps a lot against teams with fast wingers like ManU or ManCity or Dortmund. You have to be mad if you play with AC Milan against those teams though especially with team-form enabled but on the other side I like challenges.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score

play full manual controls and then the ai wont misplace your passes.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
I don't care about cerci, we all know that he is just a selfish prick who doesn't care about this team.
This is abates thread and he was the one that should have defended against giacherini.
The way he lost the ball, :fp: no brains whatsoever

WTF? If you're gonna blame a guy for a goal taken, the least you can do is consider all the context.

Abate moved forward, Cerci stayed back and was next to Giacherini. Abate lost ball, Cerci should have covered and he did not.

I really don't get it, if Abate stays only in defense, people say Abate is useless in attack, if Abate goes to attack, people say Abate should have defended. Make up your mind...

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
he played a decent game last night

he did make mistakes but he was one of the few players that played with some determination

milanazkals

Basketball player
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Van Bommel, Donnarumma, Alaba, Grealish
He's one of the leaders in the pitch. Always sticking near the ref with Monto when intercunts try to mob the ref for a call. He really compliments well with Honda which can't be said with De Sciglio. Not the best performance but a major part of the reason why his side was barely attacked. He's a wall in that side. Props to him.

Phantomx

Only Milan
Reaction score
He's one of the leaders in the pitch. Always sticking near the ref with Monto when intercunts try to mob the ref for a call. He really compliments well with Honda which can't be said with De Sciglio. Not the best performance but a major part of the reason why his side was barely attacked. He's a wall in that side. Props to him.

:thumbsup::star::star::star:

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Still think we need better though, he makes far too many mistakes

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
With Honda the understanding is a lot better, and the feeling is that both of them are willing to sacrifice and run a bit more to cover for each other. It remains a fact though that the right side has become a lot stronger recently, though that might depend also on Kucka being there :D

Schedule