Official: Jens Petter Hauge Thread

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
I think he has bigger potential as CAM than winger.

I agree. His main attributes are that he is smart, creative, sees the field well, and is tricky with a good long shot. Sounds like a CAM to me. He doesn't really have that blistering pace to pull off a wide man role at a top level.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti

Not even close. Kaka was so fast with the ball, his change of pace was insane and IMO I haven't seen a smarter player than Kaka. Not even close to that comparison I'm sorry.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Come on Hauge! Win us the match today!

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I'd like to see him tried on different positions than LW. Although he did better yesterday vs. Torino, I still think that his contribution has been limited. At LW he has to do a lot of pressing and backtracking so that when he should attack the box he is often late. There was one chance in the first half when Calabria ran down the right wing and played a low drive across goal and Hauge should have been there on the far post. He is always a bit behind, maybe because he wants to commit to his defensive duties and also because of inexperience he cannot cover so much space as Rebic does for example.

I actually think it would do him good to be loaned out next season to a midtable team like Bologna or Udinese.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
he was very invisible in the last few games after such a promising start

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A last minute transfer talent from a third rate league only scores 4 goals and 1 assist in his first months - definitely time to panic.

nekky

Big Muffin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic Kaká T.Silva Shevschenko Pato Nesta Maldini Theo
People here are spoiled. Since last year, most players in the team have grown so much in such a short time that it somehow has become a new standard. Any player that has hasn't been on the growth train going 1000km/h should get dropped and burned. Patience for young players? What's that?

milanazkals

Basketball player
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Van Bommel, Donnarumma, Alaba, Grealish
He has no link-up play with Theo at all to effectively play in the left. He seems to be better in the middle.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
The difference between Hauge and the other young talents who we bought in recent years is that he is totally foreign to Italian and Latin culture. I am sure that he does not understand 70% of the things being said to him, which is why his acclimatisation process will need patience. This is why I think its better for him to be loaned out, to understand Italian football. Only a dry loan though because he has talent.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
People here are spoiled. Since last year, most players in the team have grown so much in such a short time that it somehow has become a new standard. Any player that has hasn't been on the growth train going 1000km/h should get dropped and burned. Patience for young players? What's that?

:star::star::star::star::star:

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
i think his main issue is confidence, when he was the start of his team he give us a big beating, but in this milan no one is looking up to him and i guess not even knowing the language and mixing with players surely didn't help, he is playing it plain simple, i was against loaning him out but i guess loaning him out with mid-bottom table team with no option to buy would benefit his confidence and give him much more needed experience for next year, because with rebic back i doubt he will have much of minutes.

Shadow47

Young Assassin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Dida, Pippo, Nesta, Van Bommel, Huntelaar, Stephan, Pazzo, De Sciglio. Ribery
maybe try putting him on the right

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
that wasnt criticism but was rather pointing it out that hes been completely quiet on that left recently

he exceeded all expectations and it wasnt a dig or anything. he'll need time to adapt properly and luckily we allow ourselves that w his position. hes done amazing as an impact sub

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He has been quiet as of lately BUT passing wise he has been one of the most efficient. He still have to adapt to his teammates movements. To me he is a smart lad but needs to improve lots to be a true competition to Rebic.

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
Body of futsal player, he need to bulk up a bit like rebic.

Maldini

adit

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
he need time to gel with the team and Italian culture, the potential is there, so i wouldn't worry about it

he's decent enough to play as backup LW, i'm sure Pioli can get the best out of him as same as another player (eg salad, calabria) at least in 1 year

he's still young and still can grow, i hope fans don't put too much pressure and be patient with him

Reaction score
Moncada:

On Hauge: ?The final decision to get him came with the match between Milan and Bod?/Glimt. I have to thank the ?data area?, who told me about this player back between May and June. We were in full lockdown and we couldn?t travel. I wanted to see this guy live. I need it, because I wanted to see his ability to accelerate, to change paces and his explosiveness. Then, the league was resumed, we were winning games. My guys would tell me many times: ?Geoffrey, look at Hauge?. Then, at the end of the season, I asked my scouts to analyze the matches with videos. Everyone told me something positive about this player. I didn?t even get any negative feedback.?

On love at first sight with Hauge: ?Then came this match. And there we saw something interesting. Also the guys from the technical staff, the match analysts who had prepared the game against Bod?/Glimt for Pioli told me about Hauge. I said to myself ?they talk to me about him as well?? And then the match. Maldini, Massara and Gazidis did well, because immediately after the final whistle they went to talk to Bod?/Glimt and to the player, saying that Milan wanted him. The timing is very important and they were very fast. And then, also the cost of the operation. We are talking about a player between ?3-4m, we had to get him signed. That?s how we do it in our business. It was ?to do? this guy. We also took information about his mentality ? zero problems on that. We got him, we make him to progress, and we don?t put pressure on him. He comes from Norway, there?s no pressure. We have players who are more ready than him like Rebić, Le?o and ?alhanoğlu. He has to work and he is already part of the team, he plays games. An impressive fact is the number of teams that called us immediately after signing with us to get the player on loan? at least 20 teams.?

https://www.rossoneriblog.com/2020/...-signing-theo-hernandez-kjaer-hauge-and-leao/

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Moncada:

On Hauge: ?The final decision to get him came with the match between Milan and Bod?/Glimt. I have to thank the ?data area?, who told me about this player back between May and June. We were in full lockdown and we couldn?t travel. I wanted to see this guy live. I need it, because I wanted to see his ability to accelerate, to change paces and his explosiveness. Then, the league was resumed, we were winning games. My guys would tell me many times: ?Geoffrey, look at Hauge?. Then, at the end of the season, I asked my scouts to analyze the matches with videos. Everyone told me something positive about this player. I didn?t even get any negative feedback.?

On love at first sight with Hauge: ?Then came this match. And there we saw something interesting. Also the guys from the technical staff, the match analysts who had prepared the game against Bod?/Glimt for Pioli told me about Hauge. I said to myself ?they talk to me about him as well?? And then the match. Maldini, Massara and Gazidis did well, because immediately after the final whistle they went to talk to Bod?/Glimt and to the player, saying that Milan wanted him. The timing is very important and they were very fast. And then, also the cost of the operation. We are talking about a player between ?3-4m, we had to get him signed. That?s how we do it in our business. It was ?to do? this guy. We also took information about his mentality ? zero problems on that. We got him, we make him to progress, and we don?t put pressure on him. He comes from Norway, there?s no pressure. We have players who are more ready than him like Rebić, Le?o and ?alhanoğlu. He has to work and he is already part of the team, he plays games. An impressive fact is the number of teams that called us immediately after signing with us to get the player on loan? at least 20 teams.?

https://www.rossoneriblog.com/2020/...-signing-theo-hernandez-kjaer-hauge-and-leao/

This is brilliant from the management.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Jens Petter Hauge revealed Zlatan Ibrahimovic helps him with the language at Milan and said he’s ‘really happy’ with the move to the Rossoneri.

The Norwegian has scored four goals in his first 18 competitive games for the Rossoneri, including the strike against Napoli in Serie A on November 22.

In an interview with The Athletic, the 21-year-old recalled he had just seen his former teammates in Bodo and was ‘sure they were going to win the League’ in Norway and was delighted to have ended the night with a goal against the Partenopei.

“It was a great night,” Hauge told The Athletic. “I remember seeing things were going well for Bodo before our match, so I was pretty sure they were going to win the League.

“Ending it with a goal and getting the three points in a really tough stadium was a good feeling.”

The Norwegian said he’s enjoying his time with the Rossoneri and the winger revealed he is starting to understand more and more Italian, asked if he has improved since he was seen studying on the plane back from the Europa League match against Sparta Prague.

“I’m really happy with my choice,” Hauge said. “I’m enjoying every day. Each one is a new chance for me to learn new things about the team, about the language, about the city.

“In the beginning, it was just some keywords from football so we can understand each other and talk on the field.

“It’s been going well. When you hear the sounds and the words every day you start to learn them really fast.”

But he revealed veteran Zlatan helps him out when he doesn’t understand: “Sometimes he translates for me.”

He will get better.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Very good words by the kid. Just happy to be here even if his playing time has gone down, learning a lot in training and is happy with his choice. He knows he'll grow and get his chances to prove himself.

makcoul

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
After he has contributed Well on europa, now he was dropped off the list. The problem is with Mandzu in, there are Leao and Rebic computing for left side. But, when Pioli will play the kid then? For Serie A games, unlikely.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Being left out of the EL squad........that's gotta be a tough blow.
I can definitely see why Pioli would do it.
We have plenty of other LW options, and he's been down-right poor in his last appearances, although he left on a good note in his last one.

But, still, it's an outcome that I would really like to avoid.
He's young, he's Milan-owned and he's our shared top scorer in EL group-stage. He deserves to play in the knockout stage. This can't be good for his confidence, that was already low.

I think I'd sacrifice Krunic instead. He's been given enough chances and should leave after this season. Terrible as DM. Even outperformed by a right-back. Almost as bad at CAM. Outperformed by Leao, who's not a good fit in that role either.
Supposed to be a defensive impact sub, but we tend to invite opponents into games whenever he replaces a proper attacker.
I rather see Hauge come on, track back like he always does, and punish tired legs and score like he's already done on multiple occasions this season.

Oh well.
I hope he's at least above Mandzukic in the pecking order for the LW spot since it's painfully clear that Mario doesn't have the stamina at this moment to cover all that ground.

makcoul

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I really would have kept the kid on the list. And yes Krunic does not have his place there. I know Pioli certainly explained to him his choice but even... that must be tough for his morale.

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Being left out of the EL squad........that's gotta be a tough blow.
I can definitely see why Pioli would do it.
We have plenty of other LW options, and he's been down-right poor in his last appearances, although he left on a good note in his last one.

But, still, it's an outcome that I would really like to avoid.
He's young, he's Milan-owned and he's our shared top scorer in EL group-stage. He deserves to play in the knockout stage. This can't be good for his confidence, that was already low.

I think I'd sacrifice Krunic instead. He's been given enough chances and should leave after this season. Terrible as DM. Even outperformed by a right-back. Almost as bad at CAM. Outperformed by Leao, who's not a good fit in that role either.
Supposed to be a defensive impact sub, but we tend to invite opponents into games whenever he replaces a proper attacker.
I rather see Hauge come on, track back like he always does, and punish tired legs and score like he's already done on multiple occasions this season.

Oh well.
I hope he's at least above Mandzukic in the pecking order for the LW spot since it's painfully clear that Mario doesn't have the stamina at this moment to cover all that ground.

Mandzukic is vice-ibra.

I thought the management was planning to loan him out hence why he's out of EL list.

With returning of Rebic on-form, it's gonna be difficult to see him feature again any time soon.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
NOTICE ME SENPAI :mad:

Schedule