OFFICIAL! Rivaldo to AC MILAN !

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Ok guys.. now its REALLY official... AC Milan has signed Vitor Borba Ferreira Rivaldo...!

These reports are directly from the official site www.acmilan.com ...no more rumours...!

well, i thought id be mad.. but actually im glad/surprised/shocked...
Think of our offensive lineup this season !! If we only get Cannavaro we shurely have Europe´s DREAM TEAM!

Post your comments... what do you think?

Sweepleft

Beginner
Reaction score
It's a good signing if we keep Rui Costa as well. We dont want to go into the season with only Pirlo and Rivaldo as our playmakers. Lets keep in mind that Rui Costa has been in Serie A for a long long time...Rivaldo is going to have to get used to Serie A. So in my opnion selling Rui Costa now would be a mistake.

Alex

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Galliani have made a great deal. Plus, Rivaldo's conctract will expire in 2005.

Next objective: Cannavaro. :devil3:

Alex

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Vitor Borba Ferreira Rivaldo was born on April 19, 1972 in Recife, Brazil. He started his career with Santa Cruz signing his first contract in 1989. He made his debut into Brazilian first division in 1991 with Mogi-Mirim. Next five seasons, two with Corinthians and three with Palmeiras (where he won a Brazilian league title and two Sao Paulo championships) sanctioned Rivaldo as a firts-rate star of South American football.
In 1996 he landed in Galicia and became the idol of Deportivo La Coruña stadium 'Riazor', where he played 41 matches scoring 21 goals. But Barcelona set soon their sight on him and managed to bring him to the Camp Nou with a contract plus the fee. His first season in a 'blaugrana' shirt was not at highest levels, but in 1998-99 he stood out scoring an extraordinary 24 goals in 37 games. Then another flat year before a new exploit in 2000-01 with 23 nets in 35 matches.
Last season he left his mark eight times with the Catalan side coached by Rexach and five with the Seleçao of Scolari at the Korea and Japan World Cup. The recent Golden Ball, the 1999 FIFA World Player of the Year and European Footballer of the Year awards have been the pearls of his career so far. The side with which he won most was Barcelona: two Liga titles, a Spanish Cup and an European Supercup.

Untitled

Primavera
Reaction score
I'm glad we got Rivaldo, but I think that we should have concentrated more on Cannavaro. If we don't get him, then I don't think that highly of our chances, with or without Rivaldo.

sheva7

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Milan wont loan or transfer Rui, but Pirlo will loan to athletico madrid.
now we need a g-o-o-d d-e-f-e-n-d-e-r/-s ;)
Rivaldo join Milan on 3 years contract 5$ m per a year.

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Loaning Pirlo is also 1000 times more stupid than selling Rui!!!
When I think about the future I din't see anything red and Black!!I don't like this :head:

AC Milan Fan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I´m PROUD that Rivaldo has signed with my team!!!!!!
One of the greatest players in the world!

Rivaldo: WELCOME IN MY/OUR TEAM!!!!

PS: my name is RINALDO, alsmost the same as Rivaldo!!!!
But I´m Italian/Argentine

Reaction score
| can't even think of the pression that apears when so many stars come together and want to play in the same team.Think about the practice sessions for example... Anyway i don't think the Milan fans will ever forgive the team if they don't win everything in Europe.The team can now make history and create a new MILAN age by winning trophy after trophy with a lilttle bit of efort.Beware of the 7Magnificent(Sheva,Pippo,Tommy,
Seedorf,Rui,Maldini and Rivaldo).What a wallpaper | can create!!! :deviliri:

__________/-----\__________
|::::::::::::|CONTRA|:::::::::::::|
----------\:::::::22:::::::/----------

Alex

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Some stars will be forced to warm the bench. :head:

Welcome .:|CONTRA|:. :D

Enjoy you stay. :)

mrs sheva

Primavera
Reaction score
I`m so happy we signed Rivaldo. Eventhough he`s not my cup of tea at all, but I think Milan`s gonna benefit from him :)
Congats Milan Fans :beer: . :D

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
lopov - Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 11:18 am Post subject:

does anyone have his picture with our jersey?????

This is the best I can do. One proably will not be available in the full jersey until August 3. That is when he will meet the rest of the team, so I doubt there will be anything with him in the red and black before them. Try the official site (www.acmilan.com) I am sure they will post a picture of him in a Milan jersey as soon as possible.

from www.acmilan.com

RIVALDO WILL JOIN THE GROUP ON SATURDAY AUGUST 3
29 July 2002 17:52

MILAN - Chief executive Adriano Galliani had a phone call this afternoon with Vitor Borba Ferreira Rivaldo to plan their immediate future.The first contact between the player and his teammates won't be in Milan. The Brazilian will join the team on Saturday August 3, in Madrid, where AC Milan will be playing the four-team against Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and Liverpool. On Monday August 5, Rivaldo will come to Milanello with the rest of the group.

58571a.jpg

Schedule