Official: Samuel Chukwueze Thread

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Not gonna lie, I was a bit worried some Saudi clubs could step in and hijack the deal, especially Al-Nassr after they missed out on Moussa Diaby. Thankfully, he's ours now and ready to cause havoc with Rafa on the opposite flank.

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Of all the signings we have so far, he will probably struggle most.

This guy's willing to press is negative which will definitely piss off Pioli. Honestly, Leao does a better job pressing than Chukwueze and Leao used to be the laziest person of them all in terms of pressing. This is the number one thing he needs to get straight in his head under Pioli's management.

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
Of all the signings we have so far, he will probably struggle most.

This guy's willing to press is negative which will definitely piss off Pioli. Honestly, Leao does a better job pressing than Chukwueze and Leao used to be the laziest person of them all in terms of pressing. This is the number one thing he needs to get straight in his head under Pioli's management.

Personally, I don't understand why the fee was as high as it was.
He puts up similar numbers to what his name sake was doing before we bought him and we know how that ended.
We desperately need a better CB and a DM, so it feels like other areas should've been address first.

He looks talented but that's a highlight reel. Diaz looks insane last season if I show a highlight reel. I'll reserve judgement on him. If it's true he's lazy then he'll be sitting on the bench a lot more than he'd imagine. Pulisic is settling well so far too.

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Struggle is real. Suffering has only started. I knew he would struggle. And I want him to struggle because he HAS NEVER FACED a proper challenge in his career. Overcome and grow.

Superstar status? He is not there yet, not even halfway.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Struggle is real. Suffering has only started. I knew he would struggle. And I want him to struggle because he HAS NEVER FACED a proper challenge in his career. Overcome and grow.

Dude let him play 5 proper games

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias

He has mostly played the garbage time of games

sabeni

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Cant convince me, i think he will be flop of summer mercato. Dont hate me.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
id like to see him start before judging him but yes pulisic is head and shoulders above him

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
id like to see him start before judging him but yes pulisic is head and shoulders above him
Nha he will grow. He needs time. Yes pulisic is ahead for sure now.

nekky

Big Muffin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic Kaká T.Silva Shevschenko Pato Nesta Maldini Theo
This guy really doesn't look anything more than Noodle 2.0...

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
He needs to be given the time to adjust to a different type of football. At Villareal and in Spain, they just keep rotating the ball with 5m passes and the eventual 1v1 chance. The way we play is a lot more direct and attracts more pressure from the opposition and this is where he is weak, giving the ball away by not shielding and lacking in physicality and also he is too left foot dependent.

I think there is something good in him and hopefully he will come good in the end but unlike many Milan fans I knew that he will not be the revelation of the season just because Spanish and whatever we are playing is wag too different and he doesn't strike me as a tactically flexible player who can adapt quickly

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How many minutes has he played in Milan shirt?

bijo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cassano, Inzaghi, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Sheva, Crespo, Van Bommel, R9
He seems a bit off the pace. I saw his Laliga highlights and he seemed to be tearing it up there. I want to see what he can do with more time.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
Needs to do better

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He had better get on the assist/score list for Milan soon.

He was the biggest signing in the summer. Do not even talk about figures, the biggest means the biggest. We compare his contributions to those who arrived at a lesser costs. Fair enough for everybody.

The grip thing is real and it is squeezing harder and harder as every minute of play goes by.

I called him out as the most underwhelming player very early on even before the season had started for a reason. La Liga's defensive qualities are a lot lower than Serie A and he had a much easier time in Spain. Italy is not an easy place to play football for attacking players.

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A lackluster start followed by a harmstring injury.

Looks like a new CDK is in the making.

It does not matter he is injured or being benched. Not playing is not playing and this injury will only make his life at Milan more challenging.

I do not think he will be able to meet expectations at Milan. It was an investment decision that has turned out to be wrong. It is all good because management needs to make mistakes in order to learn.

Write off Chukwueze. Chuk choked. Offload him to some other league in January.

On the other hand, Romero will get more minutes. We wish the best of luck to Romero.

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It is now or never. He must deliver against Lecce, assist or goal don't matter. He arrived for 28m and is the new CDK this season in terms of transfer price for us.

HE MUST EITHER ASSIST AND/OR SCORE NOW.

These players need to be under pressure, they need to be molded.

Write him off officially if nothing of value comes from him against Lecce.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
It is now or never. He must deliver against Lecce, assist or goal don't matter. He arrived for 28m and is the new CDK this season in terms of transfer price for us.

He will deliver, the problem sometimes is that players and Pioli need to get to know each other better and that takes a while.
With some players they hit it off immediately with others i takes a season.
Chuck has showed some nice things so i have faith in him.

Last edited:

Graeco

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

I’ll be cool if he contributes, gets a couple of successful dribbles, links with teammates, and isn’t a liability defensively… in part because he’s coming back from injury, as well as being on the edge of the side. Hoping to see the goal contribution though