Official Scottish Premier League Thread

Who will win the 2011/2012 Scottish Premier League title?

• Total voters

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Celtic in 8 hours. I'd rather not.

Still, fuck them and the bigoted, disease-ridden horse they rode in on. Fuck them violently and thoroughly.

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The Backwater Chronicles, Volume 47.2

First away day of the season in a few hours. Edinburgh - my 2nd favourite trip. Here's how the magic happens:

- bus to city centre around 8am
- beer at pub that opens at about 6 "for the nightshift at the fish markets"
- beer at supporters' pub
- supporters' bus to Edinburgh with disgusting vodka mixes
- further beers and opposition-baiting at pub near stadium
- walk to stadium with drink-addled head held high
- unpleasant conversation with moronic steward/police
- tame surrender
- descent into blind fury
- humiliating defeat
- entry into pit of despair
- return to bus with provincial tail between shaky legs
- miserable bus back to Sheepland with idiotic drunks and commencement of hangover

Glamour. Glamour all over the place.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
First away day of the season in a few hours. Edinburgh - my 2nd favourite trip. Here's how the magic happens:

- bus to city centre around 8am
- beer at pub that opens at about 6 "for the nightshift at the fish markets"
- beer at supporters' pub
- supporters' bus to Edinburgh with disgusting vodka mixes
- further beers and opposition-baiting at pub near stadium
- walk to stadium with drink-addled head held high
- tame surrender
- descent into blind fury
- humiliating defeat

- miserable bus back to Sheepland with idiotic drunks and commencement of hangover

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

laughing-478.gif

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
- humiliating defeat Hearts 3 Aberdeen 0

Poor Calum :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Poor Calum :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The humiliating defeat was there, but no despair. The only time I got particularly angry was when I had a little exchange of words with a few lads who were having a go at an older guy.

We had as much of the ball as them (mainly because our centre midfielders were very, very good), and as many chances. Unfortunately, we've lost our two creative players and haven't replaced them.

And that's exactly why we haven't scored in 4 games. We've got a good poacher and 2 good fast/powerful strikers. A creative 2nd striker/winger would make all the difference, and that's exactly what the manager's in the market for. I'm not panicking yet.

Last edited:

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Apparently a Motherwell fan was arrested at their match against Rangers for displaying a banner that featured the word "hun". This is roughly equivalent to being arrested for an "Inter Merda" banner. Meanwhile, the Rangers end will have been singing their wholesome anthems of religious hatred without any interference.

<3 this country.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apparently a Motherwell fan was arrested at their match against Rangers for displaying a banner that featured the word "hun". This is roughly equivalent to being arrested for an "Inter Merda" banner. Meanwhile, the Rangers end will have been singing their wholesome anthems of religious hatred without any interference.

<3 this country.

Here in Brazil is going on a lot of protests against the head of CBF, Ricardo Teixeira, accused of corruption and some other stuff. The last few games in Brazilian League some fans are displaying banners against him in the Stadiums.

This is actually very innefective. TV's avoid to show it, papers don't take pics of it, and the protesters are really a small numbers. Nonetheless, this week some State Federations, problably trying to show how great ass-kissers of Teixeira they are, are threatening (by their sites and by the press) to take off the Stadiums people display banners against him (and further legal action).
Yeah, exactly this, federations publicly blackmailing fans who want to protest against corruption...

At least today it's all around the internet calls for "civil disobedience". This usually means nothing, but TO's now are massively engaged and a lot of them promissed to bring even more banners against him.

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pittodrie, our home since 1903, has been put up for sale. Progress is upsetting.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
(Although I imagine your reply will give me lots of backhanded insults because of who they play for)

Calum,

How are Bocanegra, Mo-E and Bedoya doing for Rangers?

It's being sold because we're leaving. Moving to this:

doing a little research- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Aberdeen_Stadium

50 mil? That's very cheap.

Are the Scots a model of efficiency and financial prudence?

Last edited:

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
/Thread closed :D

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The SPL features a surprising variety of formations. Aside from variations on 4-5-1/4-3-3, there are teams playing 3-4-3 and diamond midfields. These are all formations whose original purpose was to beat traditional 4-4-2. And guess what? They beat traditional 4-4-2.

So, on that basis, could rigid adherence to a flat 4-4-2 be considered gross negligence by the coach?

What's worse is that he tries to play 4-4-2 without any wingers. No wingers at all. Shockingly enough, this renders our twin (i.e. standing next to each other) 6'2 strikers somewhat redundant.

When was the last time Darren Mackie got a mention in the forum? - http://www.meldrum-pri.aberdeenshire.sch.uk/page47.html (is this legit?)

Sorry, I didn't see this before!

That's been around for a while - a classic of our time. I just hope the kids took his words on board.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
game has been alright, some players are actually pretty good.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm watching it too. Very interesting game.

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You all big fans of religious hatred then? There's no other reason to watch that shite.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
How come Rangers went into administration?? Dont they win the league every season? Or finish 2nd... how did this happen? Sum1 skimming funds there?

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Interested to hear what Calum says about this.

Might put money on Celtic winning 10 titles in a row now.

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How come Rangers went into administration?? Dont they win the league every season? Or finish 2nd... how did this happen? Sum1 skimming funds there?

"For every five pounds Celtic spend, we will spend ten." (D. Murray, 2000)

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
calum how many spots do you have for cl?? is aberdeen ever going to come to san siro???

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
calum how many spots do you have for cl?? is aberdeen ever going to come to san siro???

2. And we'll never make the CL - we're far too busy paying our employees, our creditors and the taxman to spend money on players. Silly of us, really.

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Those posts were maybe a bit misleading. Although it's true that Rangers have spent themselves into oblivion, the real issue here is that they thought they'd found a tax loophole. They were wrong.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Those posts were maybe a bit misleading. Although it's true that Rangers have spent themselves into oblivion, the real issue here is that they thought they'd found a tax loophole. They were wrong.
:lol:

Any feelings towards Motherwell, Calum? They signed Ojamaa and he seems like a fit ...

Schedule