Official: Stefano Pioli Thread

BillyTheKid

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Why do you you think I am trolling?
Shocker - I was actually a Pioli fan. He did great last season and managed this team well until the WC break.

The reason why it's a huge risk to continue with him is his stubbornness and slow reaction to crisis. Like I said earlier.
It took him 3 shocking losses to try a new formation.
And even that choice is questionable.

I hope that by the time he finally figures it out, CL football will not be out of reach.
Winning the title and then failing to qualify for CL could be another fun "anti record" we set this year.
I totally understand the frustration and concerns because I am as much frustrated and as much concerned. The situation is really terrifying.

But I am also annoyed by the fact that everyone here knows that we are not going to get a better coach if Pioli gets sacked. There are not suitable options available nor we can afford them. But yet, we keep nagging and nagging and demanding a new coach.

It was fine if this was happening only within this forum, but this negativity is all over social media. This negativity is going to destroy all the good development we had last year. That's why I insist that we need to unite, support THE WHOLE TEAM (especially the coach), and hope for the best until the end of the season.

I am not sure how much R&B influences the rest of the social media, but it might have an impact. For instance, I myself am not a regular poster here, but I have been reading it a lot since 2015, and I tell you that it has influenced my thinking. I have been posting recently only because I felt that the current negativity is so detrimental for the development of our beloved club. I hope this effort (and others who are trying) will not go in vain.

Sent from my XQ-CQ54 using Tapatalk

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
What is there to answer to?
I have nothing to complain about relating to last season.
The system he used worked.

It's his crisis management that worries me. Or should I say the absence for crisis management combined with his stubbornness.
And his stubborness was always there for everyone to see even last season - using players in certain positions for many games while they totally sucked.
So, him changing the system to become more compact last season where we won the title meant 'you had nothing to complain about', but him not doing it this season means that he has never and will never do it, despite doing it last game.

Do you not see the logic break?

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Thank you. I've added this to my positivity post towards the beginning of the thread.

Others - please feel free to contribute more positives of Pioli.
doomed to fail perhaps?

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
I fully support you padre.

The team's situation isn't your fault.

It was Paylows decision to consistently make the team weaker by forcing a poor ass wage structure, by investing in garbage, and then not selling players who had mentally checked out and finding proper replacements for them.

The expectations rose each year while your team became worse.

And now as you try to make the best of a bad situation they comin for you. :head:

You will go down as our best manager in the post Ancelotti decades.

images

Thank you padre for repaying my faith. :love:

A great step forward reaching the quarter finals of champions league while enduring some of the darkest moments of your reign.

You made the changes and although not perfect it went some way into saving us from complete disaster. It also paid off in champions league and now we will get more money that the world's most overrated SD will either not spend or use to buy some dipshit from South America we can't register.

Speaking of, imagine simping so hard for an SD who spends 9 months looking grim from the stands, 3 months doing fuckall in the market, 1 month being a jerk off in Ibiza, and 12 months deflecting blame on his boss while letting hundreds of millions walk away for free without proper replacement.

Imagine simping for this guy that you throw pioli , the only good thing to happen to this club from an actual results perspective under the bus. If only pioli could live off the past forever like our SD lives mostly off his mercato from first season and his playing days 80 years ago.

Hostility force tried to convince the world that summer mercato was all about depth and not quality. Pioli literally had to change the formation to try and make that deep pile of garbage work and the moment he tried to tap into that "depth" against Fiorentina the whole system collapsed again.

Padre >>>>>>> anyone above him, anyone below him.

Last edited:

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
Pioli knows this is the only quarter final of CL that he's gonna play in his career.

He should watch Napoli - Cremonese of Coppa Italia at least 1 million times, and then tell the players to do exactly the same thing.

Last edited:

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
I don't care if a miracle occurs and we win CL this season. I'm done with Pioli.

This season has been game after game of absolute mediocrity in the league.

We are struggling to get 4th place and yet he plays a team of subs. He must know from training how completely useless Origi and Rebic are yet he stills plays them in a must win game.

He is clueless.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
I never expected him to be a world class coach whose adjustments would win us games but the least I expect from a coach is an ability able to recognize obvious problems in real time and make common sense moves before it's too late in the game for it to matter

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
not his fault donkey rebic can't finish:o

stefano-milan-stefano-pioli.gif
The team selection is though.

It was clear at half time both Origi and Rebic were not up to the task. They should have been replaced then.

A thoroughly frustrating night which could have easily been avoided with a better team selection or earlier changes.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pioli is the slowest coach in decision making in football history.
He will make the right decision much slower than an average RnB poster.

And my god is Origi fucking awful.
He is legit worse than Borriello and Matri.
Can't hold the ball, can't create space, can't get past players, can't finish.
How did he end up at Liverpool?

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
If there were some doubts and arguments for Allegri, tonight ratified the fact he's been our best coach since Ancelotti.

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
He has his flaws in the technical department but still competent and overall a great man manager. Good job Pioli.

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9, 3, Nesta, Gattuso, B&G, Rui Costa
What a disciplined performance. Escaped without any suspensions. Absorbed pressure with calmness

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
However it turns out in the end, you done good, Pioli.

I will always appreciate his contribution to this turnaround. He found us at our darkest hour, returned us to the CL, won a Scudetto, and has now reached the CL SF.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
ngl pioli is starting to grow on me (n/h)

he may be incompetent at times, but he's our incompetent

Shadow47

Young Assassin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Dida, Pippo, Nesta, Van Bommel, Huntelaar, Stephan, Pazzo, De Sciglio. Ribery
said it again and again, give him more proper world class players instead of washed/young ones. then you can talk about replacing him

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Great win. One of the biggest wins for Milan in the last 10 years. He deserves the credit.

However, this result was hanging on Mikes saved penalty. Which means we were not in full control.

We played way too passively and defensively.
If we try to do that against Real or City we will get slaughtered.

And as always - subs could have been better.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
However, this result was hanging on Mikes saved penalty. Which means we were not in full control.

We played way too passively and defensively.
If we try to do that against Real or City we will get slaughtered.

And as always - subs could have been better.
Embarassing.

:fp: all the best chances fell to us.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Embarassing.

:fp: all the best chances fell to us.
Insisting that Pioli had a perfect game when he clearly hadn't is such a small dick mentality. :proud:

You can continue living in the world of pink ponies and unicorns or you can admit Pioli made mistakes.

We've played Napoli 3 times and showed that all out defense is not the only tactic we can use.

Cough cough, that 4:0 win

Last edited:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Insisting that Pioli had a perfect game when he clearly hadn't is such a small dick mentality. :proud:

You can continue living in the world of pink ponies and unicorns or you can admit Pioli made mistakes.

We've played Napoli 3 times and showed that all out defense is not the only tactic we can use.

Cough cough, that 4:0 win
Log out of football please.

Not understanding the difference between a one off league game and quarter finals of a cup implies your education has clearly failed you.

:fp:

Schedule