Official: Stefano Pioli Thread

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
pioli is going to win the scudetto...this year...

nanook

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
skYQaqI.gif

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Giroud on for Leao at the 57th minute is a sub I'll never understand.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
leao was pretty much done for even in first half. he could barely run. was pellegri registered for CL?

Super22

Wonderkid
Reaction score

He got it totally wrong. Giroud is a player only effective in the box. we have the 2nd half to go and you cannot defend deep all the way. Luck will favor the attacking side and penalty, deflection and own goal will turn up.

because we defend so deep with zero attacking tactic, atletico sub in alot of attacking players and played a 2-4-4 tactic. Pioli made a very rookie mistake.:thumbsdown:

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
leao was pretty much done for even in first half. he could barely run. was pellegri registered for CL?

Giroud was gassed from the moment he set foot on the pitch.

He looked heavy when pressing and lost all his 50/50 duels.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Giroud was gassed from the moment he set foot on the pitch.

He looked heavy when pressing and lost all his 50/50 duels.

i know. that's why i wanted to know if pellegri was available. even maldini would have been better choice. but leao for sure needed to come off. he was walking around already in first half.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

He was tired and I think the plan was to have a reference point for crosses.

Nothing to blame Pioli for, he did what he could. The only thing I would've done differently is start Giroud or Pellegri and have one of Rebic/Leao on the bench to come in as supersub. But, I can understand why he wanted to start the strongest squad

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Really?

Going down to 10 men, we needed all outfielders to work hard, defend, but Leao was standing still or walking headlessly, not even bothering to look around and block passing lanes while he was walking or standing still.

What I don't understand is why Leao acted like he's preserving energy for later in the game, when it was pretty obvious that he would be among the first to get subbed? A player that knows he'll only get 60-70 mins will act differently from a player who expects 90 mins.
Did Pioli not tell him that? If so, then that's Pioli's mistake.

The Giroud sub could've been good. But he needs to be paired with counter-threats, otherwise he'll be pretty much useless in these type of game scenarios.
However Rebic, Diaz and Leao were off.
Kalulu, Theo and Ballo-Toure do have pace for counters, but the former two had clearly been instructed to take very few risks, not push up, whereas the latter was way out of his depth.
It was a mess - players seemed unsure of what to do, where to be.
We had too many players acting like they had been given a CB role, but no one who took actual CB responsibility when an off-form Griezzman easily scored his first goal for Atletico since his return.
Now that's mostly Pioli's fault imo.

Last edited:

Super22

Wonderkid
Reaction score
Really?

Going down to 10 men, we needed all outfielders to work hard, defend, but Leao was standing still or walking headlessly, not even bothering to look around and block passing lanes while he was walking or standing still.

What I don't understand is why Leao acted like he's preserving energy for later in the game, when it was pretty obvious that he would be among the first to get subbed? A player that knows he'll only get 60-70 mins will act differently from a player who expects 90 mins.
Did Pioli not tell him that? If so, then that's Pioli's mistake.

The Giroud sub could've been good. But he needs to be paired with counter-threats, otherwise he'll be pretty much useless in these type of game scenarios.
However Rebic, Diaz and Leao were off.
Kalulu, Theo and Ballo-Toure do have pace for counters, but the former two had clearly been instructed to take very few risks, not push up, whereas the latter was way out of his depth.
It was a mess - players seemed unsure of what to do, where to be.
We had too many players acting like they had been given a CB role, but no one who took actual CB responsibility when an off-form Griezzman easily scored his first goal for Atletico since his return.
Now that's mostly Pioli's fault imo.

Giroud is totally useless if he is away from the box. He is a target men.

In my opinion Pioli should have played a 4-3-2 formation. When Pioli took off Leao, Simeone also sub in more attacker because the only player that can threaten them is gone.

Leao - Saelemarker
Tonali - Bennacer - Calabria
Theo - Roma- Tomori - Kalulu

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Giroud is totally useless if he is away from the box. He is a target men.

In my opinion Pioli should have played a 4-3-2 formation. When Pioli took off Leao, Simeone also sub in more attacker because the only player that can threaten them is gone.

Leao - Saelemarker
Tonali - Bennacer - Calabria
Theo - Roma- Tomori - Kalulu

If Giroud would've scored that easy chance he had, everybody would hail the substitution. Easy to judge in hindsight

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Great coaching by Pioli we are blessed to have him. The right man at the right time

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
He is improving his tactics

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
How u know that i am not good at maths?

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well let me tell you. I have improved too

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Obviously 21

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He is as Adani rightfully said, the best Italian coach at the moment

He isnt inferior to Allegri, Conte or Gasp

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There's a story about him in CL magazine (episode 12?)

fuck thomas lemar

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Technicality-wise, he is inferior to none.

His only problem is slow reaction/response time and being overly attached to his initial game plan.

Schedule