Rui Costa To Benfica?

PaTtA_9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
This from soccerage.com
03/24/2003. Milan midfielder Manuel Rui Costa says he wants to return to former club Benfica as soon as possible.

"I have thought of my return since the day that I left," he said over the phone to more than 100,000 fans who had gathered for the club's last match at the Stadium of Light.

"I don't know when it will be possible, but I believe it will happen. I have always wanted to return and I hope it happens as quickly as possible.

The president of the cash-strapped club, Luis Felipe Vieira, added: "If somebody who loves the team is willing to give us a helping hand, the dream could come true."

I know the Rui Costa has wanted to end his career in Portugal, but why so soon? i dont understand, isnt he happy at milan? i want him to at least stay untill we won a few trophies

DiaVoLo^

Primavera
Reaction score
Not as soon as possible .. when he is finished in Milan . and thats at least two years to :)

This is btw old news... COSTA WILL STAY AT MILAN FOR NOW ..

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
We have this topic in the "discussions"-forum... let's all gather there since that one was posted earlier...

thx

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Since Rui Costa wants to go back to Benfica and Benfica is too poor to buy him, lets make that marriage happen and trade him straight up for Benfica's 19 yearold phenom Pedro Mantorras. This kid is from Angola and is widely touted by everybody whose seen him as the best player to come out of Africa since Eusebio.

Apparently Inter and Barça are very interested in this kid so maybe we should also take a look see. As for Rui, he'll be happy going back home and Pirlo can take over the ball distribution duties for Milan. :devil2:

rony31

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Bah... Sell the guy for all I care... He's practically washed up anyways, despite 1 or 2 good performances every few months :rolleyes: