Samu Castillejo Thread

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
100% samusexual

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
From Susoball to Samuball.
He has become our playmaker.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Cutting in and crossing/shooting with his left like Suso, but also doing the things Suso wouldn't or couldn't do. Making off-ball runs, leaving the right flank, allowing others to create, expediting transitions rather than slowing them down, using his right foot, outrunning players, doing his share of defensive work instead of pushing it onto others.

Ffs Rino....

5 games, 5 wins while playing Samuball.

Not the first time he's crucial for a team. Remember the Villareal stats? I can't recall the exact numbers, but there was a huge difference between their points avg with and without Samu in the lineup.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Uh, no one did that

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
who remembers we laughed at his tranny ass a while back

Shame on you fools who did.

All the Samuphobes of August and September should use this thread to express sorrow and remorse for their ignorance.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In my opinion he profits greatly from 4-4-2, wouldn‘t bet my money on him in a 4-3-3 or some kinds 4-2-3-1. But glad that he has a good run now.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In my opinion he profits greatly from 4-4-2, wouldn‘t bet my money on him in a 4-3-3 or some kinds 4-2-3-1. But glad that he has a good run now.

Don't worry, he won't be as horrible as Suso in a 4-3-3.
This is the guy who defended Rino's and Giampaolo's decisons to stick with Suso in the front 3 and didn't want Suso to be sold because the replacement might not be as good....

It's true that the switch to 4-4-2 has made Samu more crucial for us since he has a rare combination of skill, pace and workrate. I do also feel that a front 3 role would demand a level of output which he's probably not capable of(although not as far off as Suso & Hakan). However I'd say 4-2-3-1 winger would be the optimal role for him, as long as he's not the 2nd most dependable goal-scorer in the lineup. The current role puts him too far away from the box. It's a bit too much "midfield" for him. He's an attacker. He has a good shot on him. He makes runs and clever movements off-ball. I think he's capable of scoring double digits. He scored 4 last season, while only playing occasionally and mostly under terrible circumstances. He scored 6 league goals in his last season for Villareal, playing mostly as wide or central midfielder(yup, you read that right).
With that said, I don't think it warrants a formation change. I'd stick with the 4-4-2 since all our forwards(Ibra, Rebic, Leao, previously also Piatek) more or less need a double forward system to thrive.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Has been great in the build up and massive with his running. In the final touch he keeps going for the fancy finesse when he just needs to toe poke it towards goal.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Has been great in the build up and massive with his running. In the final touch he keeps going for the fancy finesse when he just needs to toe poke it towards goal.

He has an assist-man mentality, which is mostly benefiting us, but also hurts us in some sequences where he clearly lacks determination to score.
But I much prefer that to having an attack composed solely of selfish twats like in the 2014-2019 period.

His final ball delivery is the best in the team. Rarely messes them up, unlike Paqueta, Hakan, Bona and the rest.
He has scored, assisted or hockey assisted to 11 out of 15 goals with him on the pitch in 2020. But it could've been much more. Should've had at least one more last night, but Ibra messed it up.

jon

The Matrix
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli, Cutrone, De Bruyne
incredible signing. great engine and hunger

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
He's getting better and better. Should've replace Suso long time ago.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
People here were defending Rino's decision to keep starting an off-form Suso and keep giving him 90 mins as the CL spot was slipping away......because "he has no real option" or "it's not like we have Messi on the bench".
Yeah, but you don't need to be Messi to be a Suso upgrade.

When Milan signed Samu, at one point I thought he wasn't the big winger I wanted, but I still felt happy we got a RW. All the time we were looking to sign LW-s, Suso was the untouchable player in the team. So I was hoping that with a new RW there would be competition. Unfortunately Samu did not take his place.

Last edited:

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
samu was annoying player. always looking to go down on slightest of contact. gattuso played him out of position a lot too. so his performances weren't that good. now he is an absolute beast though. pioli has certainly done him good.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Samu vs Roma:

0 shots
0 dribbles
0 key passes
0 AccCrosses
20 passes
70% PA

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
We need a better player down the right for sure if our offense is to improve next season.

Even Salesmaeker was much better than him in his cameo

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
When is he coming back?

Ibra can't score from open play without his crosses.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The only bright thing on our right side.

And i dont rate noodle all that high.

Rb is no 1 priority when mercato comes in my book.

Conti
Calabria
Rodrigues
Laxalt

Is this real life...

Schedule