Serie A vs English Premier League

PaTtA_9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
i dont know if this has been mentioned before, (it probaly has)
but how good would it be too watch a serie a dream team against an english premier league dream team?? also a spanish one would be nice.

I would love to see a game like this where the players took it serious so it could decide which league is the best! who would u put on your dream teams?? i cant really think of who i would put on my team rite now but id be interested to see what players you would all choose...

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
Serie A VS Premier League

-----------------------Buffon----------------------
---Cafu--------Stam--------Nesta----Maldini---
---Mancini-----Totti---------Kaka-----Nedved--
----------------Sheva-------Vieri-----------------

----------------Henry-------RVN-----------------
--Pires-------Vieira------Lampard----Kewell--
--Cole------Campbell---Feridnand---Gallas---
---------------------Cudicini---------------------

As much as i love Giggs and definately wanted to put him in, Pires was the best midfilders by far.....14 goals is incredible for a mid. Giggs cant play on the right and i hate Ljungberg, i dont think he is good at all and very overrated.....so Kewell would be the best right back although he is prmiarily a left sided player...he can play right. I cant go past Lampard with the seaosn he has had and Vieira is a certaintly.....the backline...take your pick - there my 4 but there are many others just as good.

The Serie A team....the strikers were the hardest to pick but Vieri is so awesome and of course i must put in Sheva......Totti and Kaka have had 10/10 seasons and Nedved is always a certainty for me anyway...Mancini deserves that right wing spot although they say he is a right wing back....Cafu is the best right back around so he deserves that....the rest of the defence contains the worlds best 3 CD. Although Buffon had a bad game against Lecce.....his defence in forn him is the main reason why he has conceded over 40 :D You could pick either he or Dida bu i went gigi so people didnt think i was biost :D

La Liga for Good measure.

---------------------Casillias---------------------
--Puyol-----Ayala----------Andrade--Carlos--
--Figo------Zidane-------Ronaldinho--Joaquin-
------------Ronaldo------Raul------------------

Joaquin is out of position but i had to put him in.......and like it or not Figo has had a great season in terms of assists and goals....although he is the worst penalty taker (after Micheal Owen) in he world.....the rest must be in there because there the best at their position in the world......RONALDINHO IS BEST IN THE WORLD :D

Serie A ON PAPER is better in almost every single position then the EPL......so they would win...buit i my honest humble opinion....La Liga and Serie A would be a ripper......La Lige 2-2 Serie A

unrossonero

vüsa minga!
Reaction score
it may be a good show but it is so *not european*

when would this match be played? i can't think of a moment when such a match could be taken seriously (maybe even for fear of an injury) by any of the 'nominees' :o

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
This sounds like a circus more than a football match.

Perhaps a good fund raiser for the mentally challenged.

Boban

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Nesta
indeed it does

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think it could be a good charity match. But then again you all wanna see 'blood' + not a bunch of players just having fun on the pitch... am I right ? ;)

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
Oh well.they should play on an odd year so there isnt a world or Euro cup on...and it shouldbe played just after oth season are finsihed.....i dontsee why thatr would not work

Acer1899

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Entire Milan squad
Not that it matters much but I would have played Vicente and Joaquin as left and right wingers, and Coloccini instead of Andrade.

You could field Milan as the dream team for Italy. :devil2:

sid

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
A.Nesta
DonippoRuiShevdini said:
This sounds like a circus more than a football match.

Perhaps a good fund raiser for the mentally challenged.

Yap..I think it will never happen ;)

cuore

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capitano
I say we turn it into a cup... The Euro League CUP

pixiraver

Acmilan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, okocha, shevchenko, inzaghi, maradona, romario
I personally think the premiership has been lavishly overpraised there is nothing exceptional about the premiership,i think the serie A should be rated first then la liga ,then the bundesliga before u talk about the premiership and i kind of disagree with ur selection in England and spain

----------------Henry-------RVN-----------------
--Pires-------Vieira------Lampard----okocha--
--Cole------Campbell---Feridnand---Gallas---
---------------------Cudicini---------------------

---------------------Valdes---------------------
--Puyol-----Ayala----------Andrade--Carlos--
--Figo------Xavi-------Ronaldinho--Joaquin-
------------Pandiani------Eto------------------

Why is it that everyone is always putting Raul first when he has been of form of late? And jay-jay okocha deserves to be in d English first eleven ,he was amongst the 5 nominess for PFA awards ,i totally agree with the ITalian squad.And pls don't tell me "chubby"ronaldo deserves to be in d spanish team!!!! :D

pixiraver

Acmilan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, okocha, shevchenko, inzaghi, maradona, romario
I did suggest milan to go for drogba as a partner for sheva ,he reminds us of george weah ,look at what he did versus newcastle he has proved to be consistent. :cool:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
pixiraver said:
I personally think the premiership has been lavishly overpraised there is nothing exceptional about the premiership,i think the serie A should be rated first then la liga ,then the bundesliga before u talk about the premiership

I don't think much of ratings of that kind but Ligue 1 shouldn't be left out when mentioning the better leagues in Europe. IMO it currently is a better league than the Bundesliga, the presence of 2 French clubs in this year's cup finals is no coincidence.