SS Lazio - AC Milan 24/01/2023 20:45 CET

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lazio were always our bitches. We've reached new levels of mediocrity.

@brk are you still confident that we won't miss out on a CL spot. Look at the standings.
I thought Pioli would be a bit more humble and try to regain some balance in the team, with more midfielders, or whatever. He's still forcing a high press with Giroud and Leao and Brahim and only Bennacer and Tonali in midfield... I don't know what he's thinking anymore.

If he doesn't change, yeah i'll be worried. Still early to worry about 4th place though.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Building on success is not in our DNA apparently.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
It had better be a stellar second half with some radical shift in tactics. Shocking display.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Wait Maignan is out rest of the season or what?
He isn't but we were giving up similar goals when he was healthy.

The difference was Mike will also perform miracles and at that point the team still had belief they could score.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
There is a very real chance that we may not make top 4 now.

Holy fuck. Cant believe how abysmal decisions have been in every level at the club this season.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
For the life of me i never will understand why Pioli didn't just play Krunic or Vranckx instead of Diaz. Nothing was more obvious than that we need more physicality and solidity in midfield.

Now with this gifted loss against a direct rival we now have to deal with this whole tiresome fight for top 4 bullshit again until May.
With the loss of Kessie in midfield to cover Segerj it was the obvious choice to have that man mark him and roam the midfielder.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I read Dest article. He know what to do, but his teammates dont know what to do. His doing is lonely.
At least you know he's capable of creating opening and chances.

He's always going to be defensively shoddy.

Bagheera

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Shocking performance. Defence non existent. Midfield easily over run. Forwards completely static. Goalkeeper pathetic. No fight in the players.

Heads got to roll for this.

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There is a very real chance that we may not make top 4 now.

Holy fuck. Cant believe how abysmal decisions have been in every level at the club this season.

Obviously they should give Maldini a Chelsea-style 10 year contract.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If Juve stayed I think missing the CL was more likely than not.
They still might be, the appeal might work. And they might not get banned from europe, or get relegated. For me, i'm always counting Juve with 15 more points.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
He isn't but we were giving up similar goals when he was healthy.

The difference was Mike will also perform miracles and at that point the team still had belief they could score.

So tell me when is he back?

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
we have been playing 10+ games with Tata, and in all of them he has sucked ass, and they still keep him. heck put mirante on goal, we would like to start shitting on him too
Mirante gave up 3 which prompted them to run out and buy a new GK

dvl19i

SinceBirth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ZLATAN
- We are bad.

- Lazio looking like US last season destroying and dominating teams.

- Midfield is lacking one more player. Defense: first time seeing this four together I guess. Attack needs some ball possession which can't happen with a midget like Diaz.

- I don't understand where all these spaces come from. Are we playing with 10? Oh.. wait... I unfortunately should put this one on Pioli.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Giroud Diaz Bennacer Calabria off

Origi Rebic Vranckx Thiaw in

poker-all-in.gif

Shevrolet

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Having a banter eleven on the field - expecting scudetto results

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
At least you know he's capable of creating opening and chances.

He's always going to be defensively shoddy.
Create what chances? He is only "able to do something" because he's closer to the other team's goal than his own. Dest is utter shit.

I think Dest was the most at fault for the 1st goal (Tomori and Kalulu, as well, but mostly him) and he's 65-35 with Tata on the second goal.

Dest is utter garbage.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
I put way more fault on Pioli, because the issues that are plaguing us are far more linked to his choices, strategies, and training.

Would I have liked to have more players that were ready to contribute? Of course. But, he's done a terrible job this year, and he's not even doing the things that worked for him before when injuries impacted the squad.

Teams are overloading the midfield, and when our attack is this inept, he is double and tripling down on an all-out-attack. Why?

Put Pobega the donkey as your CAM, put Brahim RW, and have a little more solidity.

All the injuries, the muscle fatigue, that's all on him. He's the one who runs out players into the ground, and doesn't integrate players, the last time I was this angry at our manager was GP during pre-season.

I agree wholeheartedly, but still the management could have done a lot more to provide him with better suited players. Why blow all your money on a talented AM, when have other needs? We needed a quality CB and didn't get one. We didn't replace our destroyer. We neglected the RW position once again. I believe we would have been better off with two solid player ready to compete with the others in the squad.

Schedule